Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
You know I've never really been a Ross Miner Fan, but after this I gotta say he's making me one. :) YES, that 3A is on par with the best in the world imho, just a scratchy 3/3 combo. is all, but otherwise he's pretty dang superb! Expect high marks! :thumbsup:

emma

Record Breaker
Very good, respectable job by Miner....I really enjoy his style, but this wasn't his best, IMO, little fight for landings here and there, and the footwork, while very nice, seemed forced a bit to me.

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: and lol Johnny actually shut up for once there at the beginning, which was great, but in retrospect it makes me feel he's not a fan, thus had nothing to say.

Btw, I actually like Johnny, and my 14 yr. old baby niece LOVVVVVVVVVVES him, at the Olympics she went crazy over him and gave him a present. :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice solid clean performance by Jonathan Cassar, but isn't this the same one he skated to last year? I recognize the identical clothing. :biggrin:

ps: Johnny, I beg to differ, they're "men", not boys. J/K. :laugh:

badknees

Medalist
Someone must have told Johnny to stop with the hair comments. He said nothing about Jonathans hair which is fantastic hair!

icebeauty

On the Ice
really happy that Ross did well. he's handled being a nationals medalist well this year.
that being said, i didn't become a fan until his second GP in the fall. there was just a moment when i was watching a YT of his SP...the lightbulb just went on and i thought "OMG...this boy can SKATE." i think last year b/c he came out of nowhere so i didn't know what to make of him...this season i've learned to really appreciate all he brings to the ice. his style and flow on the ice is incredible.

macy

Record Breaker
I absolutely LOVE Johnny's commentary! he needs to do it more often!

It's funny to see Cassar with Frank C., knowing that he's a coach himself!

That was a nice skate. Unbelievable inside SE. He has great line, and I love watching him do FW. He's beautifully trained even if he doesn't have the big jumps. Into 3rd.

emma

Record Breaker
Jon was fabulous as usual!

great skate for him; lovely performance!

PS...ok, so, I'm still loving the content of Weir's comments and would love him to just be a commentator; but, he does need to talk a little less during the program (maybe just call elements)/.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ahh, the whole time I kept imagining Zhenya skating to this, nirvana. :love: :love: This is Zhenya's music, he owns it. :bow:

Still, Wesly Campbell has nice long lines and the headless scratch spin there at the end was nice. :)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Johnny's commentary, too. I think if he could tone it down a little bit, he could make a career of it!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Btw, I've always been okay with Tonya Kwiatkowski commenting, but now I'm loving her. Number one reason is she's humble enough to know that too much talking is going on, therefore she's being the bigger person and taking a backseat to Johnny. For this she has my respect.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I give a high five to this Daniel Road for coming out there and skating to "Led Zeppelin", for this alone I take my hat off to him, what a man! :rock: Shake up the crowd, which is huge, and lay it down. :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
as to the rest, it's obvious even to a layman or an ignoramus. I'm just glad to hear something different. ;)

jazzee4

Rinkside
Need opinions...I am a 2.5 hour drive from San Jose. Is it worth it to see the skating in person if I have to sit up in the rafters? I am not a skater, but long-time fan & avid follower of the GP on IceNetwork & before. I am kind of enjoying getting commentary & am debating whether I would enjoy not being able to see the skater so close as we get to on TV and without being able to read the forum & hear commentary.

What do you all recommend??

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Break, then comes MAX!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

PLEASE, MAX, LAY IT DOWN AND ROCK THE HOUSE. I'M COUNTING ON YOU & HAVE MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOUR SENIOR DEBUT (make it happen like Agnes did last night; wishing with all my heart & soul, please)....please....please....

Nadine

Record Breaker
Need opinions...I am a 2.5 hour drive from San Jose. Is it worth it to see the skating in person if I have to sit up in the rafters? I am not a skater, but long-time fan & avid followed of the GP on IceNetwork & before. I am kind of enjoying getting commentary & am debating whether I would enjoy not being able to see the skater so close as we get to on TV and without being able to read the forum & hear commentary.

What do you all recommend??

Imho, no, unless and only if you have front row seats. I'm going by my own experience, but good luck! :)

Arianne

On the Ice
I sat in the rafters and had a blast one year. Nothing beats being in the building.