Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST

SLouise

Rinkside
I don't understand why they have commentators on IN. I don't think the type of fans who pay $40 to watch skating need to be told that skaters should "put their falls behind them" or that "spins and footwork are important."

Nadine

Record Breaker
Alexander Johnson was fabulous, poignant performance. :)

But I'm almost in tears and cannot even watch nor type nor do anything b/c I'm so very upset with all this *#*# commentary going on, ruining a brilliant poignant performance, can't enjoy it with all the bs going on in commentating. Johnny is ruining it for me. This is *not* the Johnny Weir Show. Please, I'm honestly begging you. I know you're new to the commentating scene on IN, but it's making me hate you now. Can't believe this is going to go on for the rest of the competition, breaks my heart, breaks my heart. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Very lyrical skate by Alexander Johnson. I love the way he feels the music, O mio bambino caro (so heart-melting). Jump and spin errors.

ucrgirl

On the Ice
hmmm, sounds like I'm glad I didn't pay for IN. I like commentary, but too much makes me crazy.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Tried to enjoy Alexander Aiken, especially to this music of "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones, but Johnny is damn annoying, he ruins it for me. Too bad about the mistakes, but *I* think he sold it pretty good. Nice try. :)

Arianne

On the Ice
Alex Aiken doubled the triple flip and had a fall on triple axel. Squeaked out 3lutz/3toe

I think Johnny's doing quite well. He's pretty perceptive and respectful, as someone said, but gives detailed explanations of the errors. And IN is well worth it, IMO.

emma

Record Breaker
I love Weir's commentary so far...I think he could back off just a little as he is doing great great great with the replays....but, I like it. Now, if he does that with every element during a spectacular skate, well , then I'll get grumpy...

Arianne

On the Ice
I bet Brewster will be glad to know that Johnny thinks that he looks five! It's funny that the other commentators don't know how to respond.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ahhh, this breaks feels goood/great/excellent, pickles are so refreshing, my fetish. :biggrin:

Now this is when they CAN commentate as much as they like and I don't give a sh*t, but NOT DURING THE PERFOMRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badknees

Medalist
Well, Johnny is cute and all but it gets too much after awhile. It's actually not very professional to put so much of his personal feelings into it.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Can't even remember what William Rooster skated to b/c of the talking over the music, but he looked quite happy with what he did. :)

KEEP THE COMMENTS BEFORE & AFTER THE SKATING, NOT DURING IT. Don't mind the commentator pointing out the jumps for the those that don't know an axel from a salchow, et al, but the rest, STFU. I'll be writing to IN about this.

ucrgirl

On the Ice
Ross Miner up next . . . I want him on the Worlds team (I've loved his programs this year)

SLouise

Rinkside
I think I wouldn't be bothered by Johnny if I was use to him. I think I got spoiled by not hearing commentary all season, and now it just feels like someone blabbing non-stop in my ears. I do like the techinical explanations of different moves. I wish they would stick to that, and do less of the obvious comments & the non-sense hair remarks. Those are OK in between skates, just not during the performances.

Arianne

On the Ice
Ross should currently be second with that program. Clean sp. He looks relieved.

Miner came fit and ready to fight. He really played with that music, too. Everything clean and sharp except a bit of a struggle with the 3T in his combo. Love the deep knees going into the 3A. Best 3A of the night acc. to Johnny and Tania.