Thread: Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Where I can see results please?

Results US Nationals.

Good things happened when I was sound asleep. So, Jeremy in a big lead then

Interesting about Keegan. Cool if he ends on thepodium

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    I'm watching the ice desk now, OMG JOHNNY IS JUST HILARIOUS. he's so entertaining! and I thought he did such a wonderful job being a commentator for the first time. he was so knowledgeable and did a great job. love him.

Peter carruthers was soooo uncomfortable and annoyed lolol I couldn't stop laughing. Kristi and Ryan were basically like, uhhhhhh....

I think I have a new found love for Johnny.
    His press conference was excellent as well. Lots of great lines. I laughed especially hard at this one:

"This ridiculous scoring system wants you to do a Quad Flip with your finger in your nose. Or transform from a swan into a deck of cards in order to gain an extra .2 points."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    His press conference was excellent as well. Lots of great lines. I laughed especially hard at this one:

"This ridiculous scoring system wants you to do a Quad Flip with your finger in your nose. Or transform from a swan into a deck of cards in order to gain an extra .2 points."
    Lol this is funny! Thanks for posting it; will have to find the video later on and watch the press conference.

Custom Title
    Great results. I hope Abbott and Rippon are our World team this year and Abbott wins his 3rd U.S title. If Abbott can skate a long program at the same level as his short program here, and do both at Worlds, he could be in the running for the silver medal.

Congrats to Jeremy, great score. I hear he was just amazing, hopefully they will show his SP on NBC before the FS tomorrow.

Adam and Armin so happy for them both. So nice that they overcame their demons and skated clean.

Shout out to Ross Miner, good score for him too.

Custom Title
    Saw Jeremy's and Adam's SP.
    3 times.
    Really hope that Jeremy will rock in the already wonderful LP which has not been skated cleanly yet.

Yuka and Jason's victory.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Great results. I hope Abbott and Rippon are our World team this year and Abbott wins his 3rd U.S title. If Abbott can skate a long program at the same level as his short program here, and do both at Worlds, he could be in the running for the silver medal.
    He wouldn't be in the running for gold?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurdler4eva View Post
    Ha, ha, not with Chan having the famous "3-fall advantage" over the rest of the field.

Custom Title
    Fantastic men's short last night; wow, wow, wow. I really enjoyed it.

I absolutely love Weir's commentating. As I said before, he could hold back a little more during the program.....let us feel it more, but I love how he calls the elements, is so knowledgable about all the skaters, he could talk through the entire warm-up, replays, and a little during the program itself and I would love love love it! (how about Gannon, Weir, and maybe Tanith as the new US commentator dream team?).

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Am I the only one who was furious at Johnny for blathering all the way through Jeremy's skate? Seriously - I will never be able to rewatch that incredible performance without hearing Johnny's stream of consciousness and his chitchat with Tania. (I'm mad at her too.) Bring back Wylie or Uncle Dick!

(I enjoyed him at first, but he likes hearing himself talk more than he likes watching the skaters. And he inserted his personal preferences too much. And eyebrows???)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurdler4eva View Post
    Chan is a mortal lock for gold at Worlds. So no he wouldnt be. He is on the right track to battle with others for the silver if he can produce the same skating in the long program with a quad or two though. The problem is he sometimes peaks at Nationals, hopefully this year it will just be a stepping stone.

Custom Title
    Uncle Dick would have blathered just as much as Johnny. I love the man to death, but he can talk about anything and through anything. He actually became more talkative as he aged. He talked less in the 60s ad 70s and early 80s.

Johnny was fine, A little hyper perhaps, but give him a break. He was likely quite nervous as he has not commentated in a while, was doing it live this time and will be competing against these guys next season. He was light years better than Navarro was in ice dance. She was positively tongue tied the whole night. Poor thing was so nervous. PS, no major screw ups of names by Manucuso so far. For that we can all be grateful.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I much preferred Navarro in ice dance! And Uncle Dick did not talk one-quarter as much as Johnny did (referencing the commentary on Jeremy specifically)!

On another note: whatever Brandon may look like in practice, I can't remember ever seeing him when he didn't look wooden and unhappy, apart from his breakout performance at Nats a couple years ago. That's too bad. I can't help wondering if switching to pairs could possibly work for him. (He's tall enough for Caitlin Y....) Maybe the pressure would be a little less.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 01-28-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast