Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's Short Program, Fri. 1/27 at 10 pm EST

Custom Title
    lovely performance by Grant H.....his spins, particularly the last one, were lovely and fast. Great combo; too bad on the fall with the 3 axel.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzee4 View Post
    I have found that I have to back out to the main results page, do a refresh & then go back into the specific results page AFTER the competition has started. It seems like if you go to the specific results page before the actual competitions starts, it would never refresh. That's how it was for me at least with Firefox.
    I did go after the comp started initially though, and it wasn't working. Tried the refresh thing, tried opening a new window, a new tab, etc. Nothing worked, but IE is continually workin.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Elegant skate to Claire de Lune by Grant H. What a spinner! Love the speed on those twizzles and the combo at the end.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzee4 View Post
    Need opinions...I am a 2.5 hour drive from San Jose. Is it worth it to see the skating in person if I have to sit up in the rafters? I am not a skater, but long-time fan & avid follower of the GP on IceNetwork & before. I am kind of enjoying getting commentary & am debating whether I would enjoy not being able to see the skater so close as we get to on TV and without being able to read the forum & hear commentary.

What do you all recommend??
    I'm going to agree with most people. I bought a nosebleed ticket for the Ladies Final when Worlds were in Los Angeles on the day of the event, and it was awesome seeing the competitors in person. Even though you can judge speed and flow if you watch the boards carefully on TV, you really don't appreciate it well unless you're live. (We were also fantastically lucky. One of the tour groups had extra tickets by the end of the event, so they were kind enough to give them away to the fans in the rafters. We got to see the final two flights from only a section up. )

Johnny is talking up Mroz too much. Sounds like they're friends. Didn't help. Mroz was struggling with his jumps today and after the fall on the opening 4T he just lost his confidence.

Custom Title
    I feel for Brandon...rough skate for him. He needs those jumps. Hope he can bounce back in the long.

Custom Title
    Poor Brandon, I feel bad for him, and was thinking the whole time he must be feeling pressure from his equally phenomenal training mate, Max Aaron, especially after Max's breakout performance. They must push each other during training. Sometimes that can either make or break you (thinking Artur Gashinski & Evgeni Plushenko).

Also, it looked like Brandon was blushing bright red after the mistakes, that made me feel really bad for him. It's okay, Brandon, there's always another day, and the FS is yet to come, you can redeem yourself.

I think Brandon might benefit from a coaching change. I admit to not being a Tom Z. fan, far from it, but I just don't think this coaching tandem has done Brandon too many favors. I don't know who I could see Brandon switching to, but I think he needs a change in environment.

Custom Title
    Lol I LOVE how Razzano's coach raises both his arms up in victory when Douglas landed that gorgeous 3A (btw ITA Johnny, it truly was "like buttah").

And I give him huge props for going for the quad, it's time to man up, and he did just that.

Custom Title
    ps: does anybody think Douglas might get credit for the full rotation on the quad? It looks like he made it all on the way around on replay. Jmho.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    ps: does anybody think Douglas might get credit for the full rotation on the quad? It looks like he made it all on the way around on replay. Jmho.
    from the scores it looks like it. I couldn't tell on the replay.

Banned
    wow. Johnny Weir is such a great commentator.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I think Brandon might benefit from a coaching change. I admit to not being a Tom Z. fan, far from it, but I just don't think this coaching tandem has done Brandon too many favors. I don't know who I could see Brandon switching to, but I think he needs a change in environment.
    i agree...Brandon's attitude towards his skating has always made me believe that he can BECOME a better skater and that he genuinely wants to develop int eh areas he lacks...but every year, the season comes and goes, but the pieces aren't coming together for him, and at this point, i think it's a coaching issue.

Custom Title
    Nice job Keegan. Were you happy with that Toni?

Johnny praises Razzano at Messing's expense, but I'll take Keegan's energy and fantastic speed on the spins. What a little fighter! Great opening 3A!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast