Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Men Free Program

Custom Title
    Good for the the old timer! He really is a great competitor. It's too bad the rest of the competition was underwhelming. What a snozefest

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    To me, there already was no doubt that Plushenko is the G.O.A.T. (greatest of all time). But in case anybody missed that, he reminds us again.

Congrats to Plushenko, Artur and Amodio and kudos to Russia for dominating the medal count at Europeans, well done!

Custom Title
    Lordy, I'd so love to see what the judges would do with this Plushy program, skated this well or better, against a pretty clean Chan. But I understand that we will not have the opportunity at Worlds to see such a spectacle. A pity.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Javi...
    Hope he isn't going to let that pull him down so much, so that he'll be back on track for worlds again. And he's still young, he can still come back to kick everyone's ***'s the next year.

Glad for Gachinski though... his jumps are great, and I feel he's really working on the rest. He's definitly not much of an artist yet, and he needs to work on his skating skills, but I do enjoy watching him skate, although I don't like the LP as much as the SP.
    And I really thought the gap between him and Plushenko was too high... I'm not going to argue Plush shouldn't have won this, but I really don't get some of his points (and no, the protocol isn't helping - 8.82 for choreo?).

I hoped for Brezina and Verner to do better too, I enjoy both a lot more than Amodio, but the result is right the way it is. Hope they're proud with themselves after all, it's just that Javi probably isn't...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    I am very sad about Javi. He seems to have gotten a triple jump trauma. Or just the nerves. That Pluschenko won so clearly without doing a quad is embarassing for all other skaters. So many mistakes again they did. I find it strange that Gachinski with 2 quads is so far behind Pluschenko I must say. And Amodio ahead of Brezina? I don't get that either.
    Well, I'm of two minds about both cases. Gachinski did have the quads, but Plushenko performed way more then him & seemed to fill the arena with an energy while Gachinski seemed to be just there to do his program & did't really bother to project.
    In the case of Amodio & Brezina, I felt like Brezina had much more of a program, but Amodio was definitely cleaner.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    so happy Amodio won the bronze over the 2 Czech haedcases!
    Amodio is a headcase too :sheesh:
    he only got lucky for his SP standings

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    Florian - watch again. Plushy landed a beautiful quad for his opening jump.
    Ohhhhhhh, sorry. He really did. Then it's amazing indeed. The Eurosport commentators said it was only a triple toeloop, but they make mistakes in everything they say. Sorry. Then the win is well-deserved.

Custom Title
    Plushenko is a great skater but that performance was just in a way just unbelievable!! It was so good! How can he perform like that? Such a big victory margin. He had all the jumps and the speed was great. Gachinski was good too. How long since Russian nationals 1-2 went 1-2 at Euros? LOL.

Amodio and Brezina were pretty close. Unfortunate about Fernandez. That was not the usual Fernandez in personality.

Custom Title
    Well it looks like they're not going to show the awards ceremony (like they did in 2010 btw), so I closed my feed. :(

But, on the bright side, I've been searching the net for the two famous speeches made by Babe Ruth, and especially Lou Gehrig, whom remind me of Evgeni Plushenko ~ "the luckiest man on the face of the earth"

http://amog.com/sports/best-sports-speeches/

Now I'm going to youtube to watch "The Greatest Fight of the 20th Century": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzG1WsCzXJk as well as this one to get me pumped: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuWcQwW753E

GREAT DAY OF SKATING!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Lordy, I'd so love to see what the judges would do with this Plushy program, skated this well or better, against a pretty clean Chan. But I understand that we will not have the opportunity at Worlds to see such a spectacle. A pity.
    Under the TES scores Chan would probably still have a 10 point lead....Even accounting for individual scores and tastes Chans transition scores would be much higher. At this comp they even put Plushys transitions scores down. You also have to remember that Plushy has a front loaded program so he is giving up 10% bonus after the halfway mark.

Custom Title
    Nadine, I think you're already pumped! Yes, today has been extraordinary.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Silly question. Chan would win by a HUGE margin. Chan's LP skated pretty clean at Worlds will score around 200 points just like at Canadians. A clean Plushenko cant even beat a clean Lysacek without a quad like we saw at the Olympics, so imagine a clean Chan with quads. No contest.

Custom Title
    Here are the videos for the leading 6 skaters:-

1. Evgeni Plushenko (RUS)

Short Program

Free Skate

2. Artur Gachinski (RUS)

Short Program

Free Skate

3. Florent Amodio (FRA)

Short Program

Free Skate

4. Michal Brezina (CZE)

Short Program

Free Skate

5. Tomas Verner (CZE)

Short Program

Free Skate

6. Javier Fernandez (ESP)

Short Program

Free Skate

Interview with Plushenko

Interview

Medal Ceremony

Medal Ceremony
    Last edited by Mao88; 01-28-2012 at 11:56 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    We celebrate with Ant before going to the ladies!!! I cried my eyes out!!!

Yes chan can beat him but who cares!!! evgeni brought the arena down, skated far far better than olys and made ant a fan! (Although he told me not to say anywhere)
    Last edited by seniorita; 01-28-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast