Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Ladies Free Program

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    I agree and I am a big fan of her skating. Where are all of the people who call out Chan when he wins with a couple of falls. She is not taking any risks. No triple lutz! She is being awarded for her wonderful skating but it is a little easier to do this when you are not setting up for 2 triple lutzs and triple/triple combinations.
    She has no 3lutz, only does one 3flip. She's settled on two 3s, two 2a. It's working for her, ranking wise, so far. I see no motivation for her to increase the difficulty unless judges stop passing out those outrageous scores.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TtonyV7 View Post
    Can someone explain why Kiira 2nd Triple Loop was Omitted? Not like she attempted 3...?
    She had two 3T's, two 3S's and two 3L's. Only two triple jumps can be repeated. She's had this error in her program the whole season but this is the 1st time she landed all of them. 3L was the last of them so that was omitted.

Custom Title
    Does anyone else think that Polina K was robbed on PCS? She was 4/5 marks lower than Leonova/Markova/Helgesson, if she was marked at their level she would be 2nd.

Over the years have become a fan of Kostner and while her technical content is not as hard as it could be she is a real joy to watch. While Korpi is a beautiful skater, her jumps ability is a long way behind the top ladies, was that free deserving of 105? Not sure where Elene G came from, what a turnaround from earlier in the season, Orser is working well for her.

Dissapointed for Leonova. After her great performances in the grand prix series and bronze in the grand prix final beating both of the russian wonderbabes in the process, she performed poorly here. Never would have her as the 3rd Russian. Makarova performed better than I expected, still not a big fan of the free but it was well above what we seen earlier in the year. Well done to the Helgessons both in the top 10, does that make it 3 Swedes next year?

Quote Originally Posted by pohatta View Post
    She had two 3T's, two 3S's and two 3L's. Only two triple jumps can be repeated. She's had this error in her program the whole season but this is the 1st time she landed all of them. 3L was the last of them so that was omitted.
    That right - it's a breach of the Zayak rule. I find it absolutely incredible that nobody on Kiira's team had noticed that it was a breach until now.
    Last edited by Mao88; 01-29-2012 at 06:45 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    Does anyone else think that Polina K was robbed on PCS? She was 4/5 marks lower than Leonova/Markova/Helgesson, if she was marked at their level she would be 2nd.
    Yes, but that was expected this was Polina's first international senior competition , so an underscored PCS was expected given by the judges
    hope they will give Polina better PCS by Worlds, pity had she been credited with her full PCS mark and clean SP, she would have won the silver medal.

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    I feel the same about Kiira... I like her, but she made too many mistakes. I would have had Viktoria up the podium instead of Kiira. And perhaps Polina instead of Elene.. Elene did well but also made more than one error. But I'll have to look over the protocols; these are all just based on my subjective impressions.
    I sort of agree with Trewyn.
    I would have: 1) Kostner, 2) Polina, 3) Korpi/Helgesson, 5)Gede.

I think Kostner's score for LP was too high (especially compared to Polina). I loved Polina! Everything about her, including that gorgeous dress.
    Normally I am not a fan of Helgesson and Korpi, but their programs caught my interest tonight. Although I still think that Korpi did not deserve score that high for her LP.
    It was Elene's best outing, no doubt about it, but she had 2 mistakes in her spins and two-footed landing. She should be 5th.

I don't get the BBC.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    I think Kostner's score for LP was too high (especially compared to Polina). I loved Polina! Everything about her, including that gorgeous dress....
    You can't have seen it live. Kostner was way underscored in PCS. She was a class of her own. There is such a big gap between her and others

Custom Title
    I enjoy Polina's skating very much. One thing that bothers me is whether she will be big and heavy in the future. She is very tall for her age but quite slim. She looks great now. But will she fill out soon? Then she may have problem landing /fully rotating her jumps. I hope not.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    I enjoy Polina's skating very much. One thing that bothers me is whether she will be big and heavy in the future. She is very tall for her age but quite slim. She looks great now. But will she fill out soon? Then she may have problem landing /fully rotating her jumps. I hope not.
    Polina's jump technique looks quite decent, so I'd expect that to help her out when/if she grows more in the future. But yeah, it could be likely that Polina's considerable height (according to wikipedia she's 5ft6in!) will condemn her to a Kostner-like career of inconsistency.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10