Ladies Free Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Program

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
OMG Viktoria!! That was inspired!! I hope it's at least silver!!!
EDIT: 5Th?? WHAT? I saw one jump that was underrotated in the replay but overall.. that looked so good :mad:

The flip was DG and maybe the salkow also :cry:

Congrats to Kostner, Korpi and Gedevanisvili :clap:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Tech panel practically sprayed out UR calls. It changed the rankings considerably.

What frustrates me most about the UR calls is that they are enforced so inconsistently from event to event. I suppose it's the skaters' own fault for barely making the rotation anyway, but it would be nice if whoever the technical caller happens to be isn't outcome determinative.

christinaskater

Medalist
Congrats Carolina! Well-deserved for her exquisite skating.
Elene G was simply glorious, reminded me so much of Sasha! The speed, confidence and flow. The last spin was a pity but she did amazing. I have to agree that Brian is a miracle worker. I saw her early in the season where she had difficulty jumping and I reckon she is at the end of her career. But after her second GP event I was starting to get impressed! She was simply amazing!

Polina Korobeynikova- the top russian in Europeans. Change her SP please. She was divine! She is like the twin sister of Alissa Czisny. She will be a threat for the World title! Not much star power to her name as of the moment,but she is Russian and she is a magnificent all-around skater with the triple triples (with Volchkova as her coach) can't get any better than that! Kudos to her for placing 4th in her European debut. I thought she would medal but she should be proud of her valiant effort. She is the next big thing in the sport (height, regal demeanor-like Yu-Na), a doppelganger of Alissa, triple-triples, beautiful spins and positions, balletic style and good musicality- she's got it all!

DancerLily

Rinkside
Carolina, Kiira and Elene! :clap::clap::party: just... how was Elene 2 points better in components than Viktoria?:scratch:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
What frustrates me most about the UR calls is that they are enforced so inconsistently from event to event. I suppose it's the skaters' own fault for barely making the rotation anyway, but it would be nice if whoever the technical caller happens to be isn't outcome determinative.

I agree. It shouldn't change the base marks. It should be like edge calls, marked there, and the judges dole out GOE as they see fit.

jan

On the Ice
Carolina's jump content is beyond pathetic. If she won the worlds with this....

I agree and I am a big fan of her skating. Where are all of the people who call out Chan when he wins with a couple of falls. She is not taking any risks. No triple lutz! She is being awarded for her wonderful skating but it is a little easier to do this when you are not setting up for 2 triple lutzs and triple/triple combinations.

skateflower

Match Penalty
I agree and I am a big fan of her skating. Where are all of the people who call out Chan when he wins with a couple of falls. She is not taking any risks. No triple lutz! She is being awarded for her wonderful skating but it is a little easier to do this when you are not setting up for 2 triple lutzs and triple/triple combinations.

She has no 3lutz, only does one 3flip. She's settled on two 3s, two 2a. It's working for her, ranking wise, so far. I see no motivation for her to increase the difficulty unless judges stop passing out those outrageous scores.

pohatta

On the Ice
Can someone explain why Kiira 2nd Triple Loop was Omitted? Not like she attempted 3...?

She had two 3T's, two 3S's and two 3L's. Only two triple jumps can be repeated. She's had this error in her program the whole season but this is the 1st time she landed all of them. 3L was the last of them so that was omitted.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Does anyone else think that Polina K was robbed on PCS? She was 4/5 marks lower than Leonova/Markova/Helgesson, if she was marked at their level she would be 2nd.

Over the years have become a fan of Kostner and while her technical content is not as hard as it could be she is a real joy to watch. While Korpi is a beautiful skater, her jumps ability is a long way behind the top ladies, was that free deserving of 105? Not sure where Elene G came from, what a turnaround from earlier in the season, Orser is working well for her.

Dissapointed for Leonova. After her great performances in the grand prix series and bronze in the grand prix final beating both of the russian wonderbabes in the process, she performed poorly here. Never would have her as the 3rd Russian. Makarova performed better than I expected, still not a big fan of the free but it was well above what we seen earlier in the year. Well done to the Helgessons both in the top 10, does that make it 3 Swedes next year?

Mao88

Record Breaker
She had two 3T's, two 3S's and two 3L's. Only two triple jumps can be repeated. She's had this error in her program the whole season but this is the 1st time she landed all of them. 3L was the last of them so that was omitted.

That right - it's a breach of the Zayak rule. I find it absolutely incredible that nobody on Kiira's team had noticed that it was a breach until now.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Does anyone else think that Polina K was robbed on PCS? She was 4/5 marks lower than Leonova/Markova/Helgesson, if she was marked at their level she would be 2nd.

Yes, but that was expected this was Polina's first international senior competition , so an underscored PCS was expected given by the judges
hope they will give Polina better PCS by Worlds, pity had she been credited with her full PCS mark and clean SP, she would have won the silver medal.