Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Canada the only country to win Olympic Gold in all 4 disciplines

Banned

Canada the only country to win Olympic Gold in all 4 disciplines

With Patrick Chan's Sochi Olympic Gold is Canada now the only country to win Olympic Gold in all 4 disciplines. Looking back over history it looks like we are. Russia has a chance to join Canada if they can win the 2014 ladies gold in a couple years time.

Custom Title
    Have you jumped universe to somewhere post 2014?

Don't forget the U.S.A. Davis and White in 2014 and Tai and Randy, the what-could-have-been, what-should-have-been gold medal in 1980.

Custom Title
    Oh, Chanada!!! If a Russian girl wins gold in Sochi, Mother Russia will join the club!!!! Congratulations Canada and Russia!!! Are we in 2014 already????

Custom Title
    And Mathman would like to go back in time to fix a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Have you jumped universe to somewhere post 2014?
    I was just wondering ..

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    We should go back in time and have Kurt win. Then there would be no need to speculate about Patrick

The British came very close too. They have Madge Syers, John Curry, and Torvill & Dean. And Madge & her partner finished 2nd in pairs as well as Madge winning ladies.

A I said in another thread, unless PChiddy is pronounced dead, he is golden. Only Hanyu will really give him a run. We all knew Yuna would be crowned with good skating despite an amazing Mao Asada. It was the trend. Canada should start celebrating. I think Buttle had a great chance in 2010, i have no idea why he quit after 1 world championship.

Custom Title
    Come on guys you might jinx Patrick with all this pre-crowning, unless.... that's the whole point of the thread! To send a super jinx to Patrick for 2014!
    Last edited by FTnoona; 01-29-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    We should go back in time and have Kurt win. Then there would be no need to speculate about Patrick

The British came very close too. They have Madge Syers, John Curry, and Torvill & Dean. And Madge & her partner finished 2nd in pairs as well as Madge winning ladies.
    Agreed. So the question is - do we take it away from Petrenko or from Urmanov? I would love it if Casablanca was an Olympic Gold LP. While we're at it, can we give Usova/Zhulin the gold too?!?!? Pretty please.....

definitely take urmanovs-hated his everything. petrenko was better, great pro and humanitarian.

Custom Title
    Yeah, I'd love for Kurt to have had a gold, and Michelle too. Let's have a redo of both 1994 and 1998!

Though I notice that both Kurt and Michelle have made it into the skating stratosphere now and forever, gold or no gold. So Patrick and Canada will survive and thrive no matter what.

Custom Title
    Really there is no country winning in all 4 disciplines? Incredible! I thought that the USA won all.

This is the best thread in ages.

Cosign the past (Tai and Randy in '80) and future (Meryl and Charlie in 2014) adjustments to let the US join the complete medal set club. Definitely take the gold from Urmanov and bump Kurt a few places.

Custom Title
    sigh...if we take the gold from Urmanov, there's no way that the silver medalist, Elvis Stojko, would let us give it to anyone else but him. Not Kurt. However, that would still result in a gold for Canada and fulfill our goal of getting a Grand Slam of OGMs for Canada.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast