Canada the only country to win Olympic Gold in all 4 disciplines | Golden Skate

Canada the only country to win Olympic Gold in all 4 disciplines

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
With Patrick Chan's Sochi Olympic Gold is Canada now the only country to win Olympic Gold in all 4 disciplines. Looking back over history it looks like we are. Russia has a chance to join Canada if they can win the 2014 ladies gold in a couple years time.

Don't forget the U.S.A. Davis and White in 2014 and Tai and Randy, the what-could-have-been, what-should-have-been gold medal in 1980.

ciocio

On the Ice
Oh, Chanada!!!:laugh: If a Russian girl wins gold in Sochi, Mother Russia will join the club!!!! Congratulations Canada and Russia!!:thumbsup:! Are we in 2014 already????:eek:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We should go back in time and have Kurt win. Then there would be no need to speculate about Patrick ;)

The British came very close too. They have Madge Syers, John Curry, and Torvill & Dean. And Madge & her partner finished 2nd in pairs as well as Madge winning ladies.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
A I said in another thread, unless PChiddy is pronounced dead, he is golden. Only Hanyu will really give him a run. We all knew Yuna would be crowned with good skating despite an amazing Mao Asada. It was the trend. Canada should start celebrating. I think Buttle had a great chance in 2010, i have no idea why he quit after 1 world championship.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Come on guys you might jinx Patrick with all this pre-crowning, unless.... that's the whole point of the thread! To send a super jinx to Patrick for 2014! :laugh:

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
We should go back in time and have Kurt win. Then there would be no need to speculate about Patrick ;)

The British came very close too. They have Madge Syers, John Curry, and Torvill & Dean. And Madge & her partner finished 2nd in pairs as well as Madge winning ladies.

Agreed. So the question is - do we take it away from Petrenko or from Urmanov? I would love it if Casablanca was an Olympic Gold LP. While we're at it, can we give Usova/Zhulin the gold too?!?!? Pretty please.....

skateluvr

Record Breaker
definitely take urmanovs-hated his everything. petrenko was better, great pro and humanitarian.

Yeah, I'd love for Kurt to have had a gold, and Michelle too. Let's have a redo of both 1994 and 1998!

Though I notice that both Kurt and Michelle have made it into the skating stratosphere now and forever, gold or no gold. So Patrick and Canada will survive and thrive no matter what.

gio

Medalist
Really there is no country winning in all 4 disciplines? Incredible! I thought that the USA won all.

CassAgain

On the Ice
This is the best thread in ages.

Cosign the past (Tai and Randy in '80) and future (Meryl and Charlie in 2014) adjustments to let the US join the complete medal set club. Definitely take the gold from Urmanov and bump Kurt a few places.

sigh...if we take the gold from Urmanov, there's no way that the silver medalist, Elvis Stojko, would let us give it to anyone else but him. Not Kurt. However, that would still result in a gold for Canada and fulfill our goal of getting a Grand Slam of OGMs for Canada.

jettasian

Match Penalty
I remember this thread was created and took down last month because of some mean spirit intention. I am not sure why the moderator is allowed this thread to be here again.

^ It's the only thing that Chan's fans and his critics agree on. That so far, Patrick is the favorite for a gold medal in Sochi.

Puchi

On the Ice
Remember when Irina was crowned Olympic Champion in 2005?

If this thread is supposed to work as a mega jinx on Chan, I think that's beyond pathetic. Waste of bandwidth if you ask me.

Last edited:

fscric

On the Ice
Well, since the OP likes to create this thread every one or two months, I suggest the mod "stick" it to save the OP's time of posting the similar content in every thread then when nobody responded, had to create this thread.