Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Canada the only country to win Olympic Gold in all 4 disciplines

Banned
    I remember this thread was created and took down last month because of some mean spirit intention. I am not sure why the moderator is allowed this thread to be here again.

^ It's the only thing that Chan's fans and his critics agree on. That so far, Patrick is the favorite for a gold medal in Sochi.

Custom Title
    Remember when Irina was crowned Olympic Champion in 2005?

If this thread is supposed to work as a mega jinx on Chan, I think that's beyond pathetic. Waste of bandwidth if you ask me.
    Last edited by Puchi; 01-29-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ It's the only thing that Chan's fans and his critics agree on. That so far, Patrick is the favorite for a gold medal in Sochi.
    No Chan fan has crowned him yet as far as I know.

Custom Title
    Well, since the OP likes to create this thread every one or two months, I suggest the mod "stick" it to save the OP's time of posting the similar content in every thread then when nobody responded, had to create this thread.

The easiest way to make a thread go away is just to stop posting in it.

Custom Title
    But it was fun going back in time to crown Kurt Browning The Great!

As well, where are the die hard fans of Plushenko, Takahashi, Hanyu, Weir, Lysacek, Jason Brown, etc. to contest the claim for Sochi Gold?

Oh, nobody wants the jinx?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Yes, Chan could be a heavy favourite, but no Chan fans have and would crown him. And this thread is created by someone who had nothing but nasty comments about Chan, the intention is very clear.

I want to know why the moderator is okay with this.

^ I refer you to post 21 above.

Custom Title
    I don't care and I'll post here. Why?

1) It usually works when you bless someone or send white light to protect them, especially when done with collective energy, as in a group prayer. Jinxes and curses, however, often backfire. See, you draw to yourself what you think most about. When you wish for bad things to happen to someone, you spend much mental energy focusing on those bad things which are then very likely to manifest in your own life. Since I doubt I can get Pangtongfan to be forthright about how often he falls down, here is the next reason why I have no concerns with his jinxes,

2) Unlike commentators and Blade of Passion who is the best unintentional jinxer in this forum, Pangtongfan is a terrible jinxer! The more "jump advantages" he gives Chan, the more Chan ups his winning spread to have those theoretical "jump advantages" without atually falling! He keeps proclaiming Chan's upcoming wins, and Chan keeps winning. He keeps handing them out and Chan keeps taking them, thank you very much.

So, as a Chan supporter, I say, Bring it on. I welcome Pangtonfan's jinxes, the more outrageous the better.

Banned
    I have no problem with people disliking Chan, as I have my dislikes as well. But I don't go out spread accusations about the skaters I dislike. I'm just sick of reading Chan hater's remarks such as "Chan's judges' pet" or "Judges have agenda" or "Chan has 3 falls cushions" or "Chan will still win with 10 falls", among other things. Those baseless accusations need to be stopped. I want to know from the moderators why all those are okay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Agreed. So the question is - do we take it away from Petrenko or from Urmanov? I would love it if Casablanca was an Olympic Gold LP. While we're at it, can we give Usova/Zhulin the gold too?!?!? Pretty please.....
    For that lame cheesy "I hate my cheating husband so lets do a cheesetastic attempt at humouress corny romance on ice" Nina Rota number in 94 which otherwise should have been there year. No way. I would love to give them the gold for 92 except that unfortunately no way can Klimova & Ponomarenko's Bolero rivalling stunning FD that year be denied.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    2) Unlike commentators and Blade of Passion who is the best unintentional jinxer in this forum, Pangtongfan is a terrible jinxer! The more "jump advantages" he gives Chan, the more Chan ups his winning spread to have those theoretical "jump advantages" without atually falling! He keeps proclaiming Chan's upcoming wins, and Chan keeps winning. He keeps handing them out and Chan keeps taking them, thank you very much.
    Who says I even try to jinx. I like to be right more than anything else, regardless if I like the skater or not, and as on most things I always am right, while those who disagreed with me were once again wrong. My so called comical advantages and guarantees awarded Chan in fact turn out to be not even slight exagerrations but perfectly accurate and in line with the points, something that I called years before others less wise could see. Of course in the particular case of Chan if I am wrong it is also great, so it is a win-win for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Come on guys you might jinx Patrick with all this pre-crowning, unless.... that's the whole point of the thread! To send a super jinx to Patrick for 2014!
    I don't think Pangtonfan or anyone believes that jinxing is possible. I hope no poster here is actually superstitious. There is no such thing as a lucky green shirt or a wonderful key chain to help the Patriots win the Superbowl. But it is scary how many people I know of who actually think they need to wear a certain cap. I do fear that there might be people whether due to youth or maybe culture actually believe you could jinx Patrick. It is not mean spirited to observe that he is 1) great 2) heavily favored by judges3) scores well, really well even when he falls, makes mistakes. One is simply observing reality. Now some may not feel he is a great skater, but that would be a very rare fs fan. That is my opinion, not an objective fact. 2 and 3 are facts.

I really enjoy Patrick a lot, especially when he is clean. That being said, I don't like to see unfair judging, but it happens a lot, always has, always will, even tho CoP has tried hard to assign values to every movement made.

Anyone even casually observing IJS sees its flaws. It is a work in progress and there are a multitude of threads on this as we all know. I really get sick of ubers of any fan calling regular fans haterz of skater x. I personally would put big money he will win the next two Worlds and take gold in Sochi unless he is sidelined with injury. Everything is in his favor. Where is the mean spirit in that? He is the only skater that gets huge scores when he makes huge errors. I know why, I have read all the threads telling why he deserves to win, where he pulls the points from. Remember, another poster may simply prefer Dai. How can you interpret that as "mean spirited?" This Dai -Chan thing is a lesser version of the animosity between Mao-Yuna fans. Lucky me, I like them both and always have. Some people feel there was score inflation at the Olympics given what Mao did.

The older you get, the more you will have many favorite skaters, and it is likely that nationality and ethnicity will go by the boards. What I find interesting is that some people cannot be oubjective when emotion, nationality or some strong feeling comes in. I am American, and I admit we have no ladies skaters who are WC material right now. They all lack confidence, save A Wagner. I enjoy Dai for Dai and Patrick for Patrick. If you decide to open your eyes, you will have many favorite skaters.

I wonder what score Chan will post at worlds given inflationary numbers at the biggest event of the season? Any guesses? (Wish the winner got a free trip to 2013 worlds, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    ... and as on most things I always am right, while those who disagreed with me were once again wrong.
    Actually, over the years, pangtongfan has been right an annoyingly large percentage of the time -- often with the emphasis on "annoying."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast