Canada the only country to win Olympic Gold in all 4 disciplines | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Canada the only country to win Olympic Gold in all 4 disciplines

skatinginbc

Medalist
The reason Plush's detractors have been less vocal is a) he was retired so they don't post much unless he is their big fave of all time ( Like nadine/Seniorita). Another reason is his detractors saw him get Silver in Salt lake, Gold in Torino, Silver in Vancouver and he just won Russian Nationals and Europeans. At 29, after scads of surgeries, he is still in to skate, to perform and to medal.
Many years ago I could not stand watching Plushenko's skating. It was so boring that it irritated my eye and murdered my brain. But now I think he is a good role model and I would cheer for him without opening my critical eyes. He has earned my respect.
Chan the World Champion of the sport we all supposedly love
Am I supposed to love Chan? :think: I have to ask my husband first. Oh, he said "NO". :biggrin:
With Patrick Chan's Sochi Olympic Gold is Canada now the only country to win Olympic Gold in all 4 disciplines.
Sorry for my stupidity: Which Canadian lady has won an Olympic Gold?

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Am I supposed to love Chan? :think: I have to ask my husband first. Oh, he said "NO". :biggrin:

You ask your husband what emotions you should take?!:confused:

No one is asking you to love Chan. If you don't love him, you don't have to. I think you've misunderstood SkateFiguring's meaning by quoting only a part of her sentence.

Last edited:
Many years ago I could not stand watching Plushenko's skating. It was so boring that it irritated my eye...

As those posters have written who just saw Europeans in person, you really have to see Plushenko live to get it. Even in practices you can't take your eyes off him.

Its sort of like, OK, I went to a stage performance of the King and I. Later someone asked me who played Anna. Let's see, I think it was,,,anyway, Yul Brynner was the King!

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Canada already had a gold medal in pairs before Sale & Pelletier, the great Wagner & Paul in 1960. Sale & Pelletier farcial media gifted gift is the gold that rightfully should have gone to Dafoe & Bowden who were truly robbed in 1956, not just artifically so like the overrated Sale & Pelletier who were in fact gifted numerous titles in their career. All that said I was glad in a sense they were given their farce double gold, as unfair as that was to the exquisite and many times screwed over by the S&P hype machine from 2000-2002 Elena and Anton. It meant they got the heck out of Olympic style competition and I didnt have to watch Love Story for the 1000th time *gag me already*. Although watching them get their butt kicked by Shen & Zhou and Totmianina & Marinin under COP where the 10-15 point gap they would regularly give up with Jamies comical solo jumps, would have been fun as well.

Thanks for the correction. Love your post!

skatinginbc

Medalist
You ask your husband what emotions you should take?!:confused:
My husband said, "Beware the blue bunny and its friends. They don't take jokes; they don't speak with logic either. All they do is nipping and pestering as a group till you get tired of answering back and forth and shut up."

Even if someone patiently makes a point, there are 3 posters that get all upset...You 3 want censorship of...anyone who says anything about your idol or disagrees.
One day I came across a post in another forum and I was shocked. It was well-articulated and logically sound, made by a Goldenskate member who I perceived as a troll and who I thought had no brain for logic. It made me wonder if the group-imposed censorship on this forum might have stopped some people from engaging in logical conversations and caused them to resort to the hit-and-run trolling style.

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
One would think given what Jamie Sale used to be not too long before she would have a little more humility and a little less ego than she had:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRSrrQ-8mXM

Can you do any of what jaime did in singles or pairs? Sale/Pelletier were a great team, very athletic, and enough artistry to be scored well. It was a real love story when they skated it, and I think well received by judges and fans around the world. Lots of skaters develop big egos, it goes with the gold medal Olympians especially due to so much attention. Jaime is outspoken, but she has never said anything truly terrible on camera. She doesn't think Plush deserves "all that.' But I don't watch CBC so I have no idea is she is very critical in commentary in general. Every big name skater is "what they used to be" to begin with, so your slam seems rather nonsensical.

spikydurian

Medalist
Actually, over the years, pangtongfan has been right an annoyingly large percentage of the time -- often with the emphasis on "annoying." :laugh:

Just side-tracking for fun.. maybe pangtongfan should change the name to 'mahfan'. :biggrin::biggrin: