Thread: Senior Ladies Free Skate at 7:00 pm EST.

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Senior Ladies Free Skate at 7:00 pm EST.

This event begins at 7:00pm EST and NBC begins their broadcast at 9:00pm EST.

Custom Title
    The warmup group is on the ice and includes Joelle Forte who competed at Skate America.

On the Ice
    Good luck ladies!!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Start order:

1. Morgan Bell
    2. Joelle Forte
    3. Angela Wang
    4. Aimee Buchanan

5. McKinzie Daniels
    6. Kiri Baga
    7. Sophia Adams
    8. Haley Dunne

9. Leah Keiser
    10. Yasmin Siraj
    11. Nina Jiang
    12. Rachael Flatt
    13. Vanessa Lam

14. Christina Gao
    15. Mirai Nagasu
    16. Caroline Zhang
    17. Ashley Wagner
    18. Alissa Czisny
    19. Agnes Zawadzki

Very nice job by Joelle after opening fall on 3Z. I love it when skaters hit a secure ending pose on the music.

Custom Title
    It was great to see so many short programs on TV this afternoon. I'm sure they'll show Agnes's again this evening. What a smashing performance! And Carolne Zhang...I found myself near tears while watching her. How delicious that she did such a beautiful job at Nationals, where it matters the most. This was a moment when the announcers were especially good, pointing out how hard she had worked to get out of her trough. Scott's enthusiasm about her wonderful performance hit just the right note.

Ashley looked excellent, and Alissa (except for that lamentable axel), but Mirai didn't impress me overly much. The two stars for me were definitely Zhang and Agnes, whose last name I see I'd better learn how to spell! If her solidity continues, she'll be representing my country internationally for awhile to come.

They didn't show Rachael at all, did they? Considering her score, I'm rather relieved that they didn't do that to her.

On the Ice
    I missed most of the first two skaters. I'm glad to hear Joelle did well. How was Morgan?

Angela Wang also made a good srs debut. She didn't make much of the dramatic theme (Crouching Tiger) but she has a good technical foundation and did most of her jumps pretty well, and closed well with a super fast spin (until she got to the Biellmann... darn those slow Biellmanns!). Outscored Joelle, darn it. : )