Senior Ladies Free Skate at 7:00 pm EST. | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Free Skate at 7:00 pm EST.

emma

Record Breaker
I am so proud of Rachael. She skated the best she possibly could have skated tonight. I'm a little teary-eyed from watching her performance.

Exactly my sentiments. Gosh. I am so happy for her. And, I was so please to see the crowd reaction; how wonderful.

ETA of course, no, her edges weren't up to par nor was her extension. But given all the injury, "scandal" and now school and crazy schedule, this was amazing. And it is so great to see her happy. Nice score for her too.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am so proud of Rachael. She skated the best she possibly could have skated tonight. I'm a little teary-eyed from watching her performance.

Agreed. Other than her spins (which I unfortunately found hideous) I really loved watching her and am happy for her. I do think she still loves skating and that's nice to see. Her scores will be interesting.

jcoates

Medalist
People may not like Rachel or her skating, but you have to give her credit for pulling herself together enough to do well tonight. Good for her. give all the criticism she's faced, she could have easily bagged it and moved on. If she does leave skating, at least it will be on her terms.

badknees

Medalist
I wish they would stop the comments about school. It is very obvious down through the years that school and competitive skating dont mix. Kwan, czisy, thomas, wylie all couldn't do it until after they stopped school or had graduated. Any other names that I missed that tried to do school and skating at this level?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
so happy for Rachael, such a competitor...she has been blessed in life and I will always remember her Oly skates, and the lovely 14 year old who was just adorable, bless her heart!

Dang if she didn't pull it off. Good for her. It wasn't pretty, but she acquitted herself better than anyone, apparently including her herself, expected, and if she does quit now, she can go out on a very high note. Congrats, Rachael!

ucrgirl

On the Ice
so proud of Rachael and delighted to see that she was happy with her performance. I never would have believed she could have done this well with the schedule she keeps.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
All the Stanford gear, aww.

112.27 for a total of 164.98 (I think)

Pretty great comeback for her even if it's unlikely she'll medal. Did move up a place to 8th at the absolute lowest though.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Position After 12 of 19

1. Rachael Flatt - 164.98 (FS = 112.27)
2. Angela Wang - 158.66 (FS = 109.68)
3. Kiri Baga - 149.38 (FS = 99.23)
4. Nina Jiang - 146.42 (FS = 92.76)
5. Leah Keiser - 145.55 (FS = 93.11)
6. McKinzie Daniels - 140.42 (FS = 90.46)
7. Joelle Forte - 139.82 (FS = 91.69)
8. Yasmin Siraj - 138.83 (FS = 86.87)
9. Haley Dunne - 136.28 (FS = 84.87)
10. Sophia Adams - 125.22 (FS = 73.82)
11. Morgan Bell - 112.48 (FS = 73.93)
12. Aimee Buchanan - 101.89 (FS = 64.12)

Last edited:

lavender

Record Breaker
Not a fan of Rachel's skating but I've been feeling for her and I'm happy she skated so well for herself.

Good for her.:thumbsup:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Vanessa's gloves look so awkward. It would look so much better if they were the same color, but ended in a flowy sleeve.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
All the Stanford gear, aww.

112.27 for a total of 164.98 (I think)

Pretty great comeback for her even if it's unlikely she'll medal. Did move up a place to 8th at the absolute lowest though.

score seems a little low, maybe downgrades? Still i'm happy for her that she finally had that good skate and Firebird really is a great program and piece of music.

tulosai

Record Breaker
score seems a little low, maybe downgrades? Still i'm happy for her that she finally had that good skate and Firebird really is a great program and piece of music.

I think they probably just dinged her PCS again.

I actually hope she will keep skating now, kind of. I think she does still love it i a real way. However, if she retires it will be on a high note as someone else said- a great performance in the best costume she's ever had :)

I really like Vanessa's skating too. A shame about the falls.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Vanessa's gloves look so awkward. It would look so much better if they were the same color, but ended in a flowy sleeve.

exactly, i was thinking as you, I don't enjoy her skating at all and generally opera length glove look is better for an ice dance theme skate.

Love Vanessa's game face. She's another wonderful skater. Yeah, yeah, tiny jumps - but so beautiful and tough.

Go, Agnes and Mirai!