Senior Ladies Free Skate at 7:00 pm EST. | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Free Skate at 7:00 pm EST.

Start order:

1. Morgan Bell
2. Joelle Forte
3. Angela Wang
4. Aimee Buchanan

5. McKinzie Daniels
6. Kiri Baga
7. Sophia Adams
8. Haley Dunne

9. Leah Keiser
10. Yasmin Siraj
11. Nina Jiang
12. Rachael Flatt
13. Vanessa Lam

14. Christina Gao
15. Mirai Nagasu
16. Caroline Zhang
17. Ashley Wagner
18. Alissa Czisny
19. Agnes Zawadzki

Very nice job by Joelle after opening fall on 3Z. I love it when skaters hit a secure ending pose on the music.

It was great to see so many short programs on TV this afternoon. I'm sure they'll show Agnes's again this evening. What a smashing performance! And Carolne Zhang...I found myself near tears while watching her. How delicious that she did such a beautiful job at Nationals, where it matters the most. This was a moment when the announcers were especially good, pointing out how hard she had worked to get out of her trough. Scott's enthusiasm about her wonderful performance hit just the right note.

Ashley looked excellent, and Alissa (except for that lamentable axel), but Mirai didn't impress me overly much. The two stars for me were definitely Zhang and Agnes, whose last name I see I'd better learn how to spell! If her solidity continues, she'll be representing my country internationally for awhile to come.

They didn't show Rachael at all, did they? Considering her score, I'm rather relieved that they didn't do that to her.

SLouise

Rinkside
I missed most of the first two skaters. I'm glad to hear Joelle did well. How was Morgan?

Angela Wang also made a good srs debut. She didn't make much of the dramatic theme (Crouching Tiger) but she has a good technical foundation and did most of her jumps pretty well, and closed well with a super fast spin (until she got to the Biellmann... darn those slow Biellmanns!). Outscored Joelle, darn it. : )

Aimee B. really didn't have the triples tonight (fell 3x) and seemed stiff and awkward until she switched to doubles, but she kept going for it and turned out to be a good spinner. Bonus points in my book for not dropping her knee before the donut. And really a beautiful final layback combo with good speed on the Biellman.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
damn, i got out as it was sunny, not too cold. i thought this afternoon was all ice dance...and rotten in is blocking skating, after the fact...thats why people pushed congress to back off on copywight infringementt. now i'll never see the darn sps. i hiope these gals dont implode in freeskate. usually they show only a few sps. figures....damn!

LKR

Rinkside
Good attempt at triple lutz-triple toe from Wang. We're not seeing any of the top girls doing that! Although she didn't land it cleanly here, she did perform a clean one in the warm-up.

SLouise

Rinkside
I like Aimee's reverse layback, (or whatever it's called). Bit of a rough skate, but not too bad for being a last minute replacement here. I hope she can return next year & be even better.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think I want Ashley to take the gold. The fluff piece they did on her this afternoon made me like her even more. lol.

emma

Record Breaker
So impressed with Wang's debut...so much poise, a lot of great 'stuff' to build on!

Me too. McKinzie did pretty well - would have been a 6-triple program but she fell on the flip. I think she may have thought on her feet by adding a 3Lo after doubling & 2-footing one. She needs to work on expressivity but has a lot to build on.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
The score for Wang is impressive. At Europeans were only Kostner and Korobeynikova higher.

Kiri B didn't really do it for me tonight (I really liked her SP). She has Sasha-flexibility (spiral and Charlotte) without Sasha-grace. Not sure this was a good program for her (sorry, she can't beat Takahashi). ETA: Judges disagree, she goes into second.