Senior Ladies Free Skate at 7:00 pm EST. | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Free Skate at 7:00 pm EST.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Very happy for Ashley. After years as a perennial understudy to all of Flatt, Nagasu, Zhang, and Czisny, she finally has her own moment in the sun. She sure skated like a champion tonight, she had a fire lit under her behind and was determined to back up her own pre event hype. I think Wagner and Czisny is the best team to get 3 spots back. There is no way in hell Gracie Gold will be sent to Worlds now as I am sure the U.S will want last years GP final Champion and this years Skate America winner Czisny there, and they cant possibly deny Wagner now.

lmarie086

Medalist
Was it just me or was Andrea a bit short with Alissa? I don't know, I thought her tone of voice was a bit rude.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Ashley is improving at such a rate, she will definitely be a serious contender at Worlds.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
i aid it was her year, i knew it, check my comments way back. finally glad she gets scores she deserves. I think she'll do well at Nice. I feel Caroline Zhang deserved third and do you folks with more knowledge feel agnes deserved third with those mistakes? her elements are not special, footwork? spins ok. I personally am dying to see the sp that put her in first. I would be happy to see Zhang with silver or bronze. it was a lovely skate. Alissa is like Sasha, a great practice skater. Sh has been competing fo so long. what scares her? its not brain surgery as MK said. MK had Danny's wisdom and constant its not life and death.

I dislike her Agnes masculine body, it is almost a bit well like drag. Not lovely skating... maybe I'm alone in this. I like some programs for her and he jumps are so amazing...well, I had hoped we'd see MK inducted. 2012 in the books.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Ashley won. Nice going, she really deserved it.
I'm glad Caroline got the Pewter. Maybe she will get 4CC.

jan

On the Ice
How did Ashley Wagner get an edge call on her triple lutz and have an average of -.40 on that element. The judges must take at least -1 if not 2 .. One judge gave her a +1.00.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Ashley wasn't kidding when she said she hasn't been on top of a podium in years. The last time she was on top of a podium was in 2006, when she was in juniors. This was a loooong time coming.

Mao88

Record Breaker
I think Wagner and Czisny is the best team to get 3 spots back. There is no way in hell Gracie Gold will be sent to Worlds now as I am sure the U.S will want last years GP final Champion and this years Skate America winner Czisny there, and they cant possibly deny Wagner now.

There is no way that Gold would go to Worlds after this. Ashley and Alissa are definitely the strongest team to take

lavender

Record Breaker
I dislike her Agnes masculine body, it is almost a bit well like drag. Not lovely skating... maybe I'm alone in this. I like some programs for her and he jumps are so amazing...well, I had hoped we'd see MK inducted. 2012 in the books.

One of the reasons I can't seem to get into her skating. You're not alone.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
How did Ashley Wagner get an edge call on her triple lutz and have an average of -.40 on that element. The judges must take at least -1 if not 2 .. One judge gave her a +1.00.

Jury nullification of sorts. As many people said, Ashley's 3lutz looked clean to them. The judges agreed. They did something similar in the SP where, despite the UR call on Caroline Zhang's second 3loop, most of the judges gave it +GOE.

I actually like and prefer this. The judges should have the power to veto tech panel calls.

Kissx3

Final Flight
I feel like Caroline didn't quite get the credit she deserved in either portion as this competition is the first time we've seen her really shine in years. She does it again internationally next season and the judges will be more willing to reward her.

There is no way that Gold would go to Worlds after this. Ashley and Alissa are definitely the strongest team to take

You're right. Had Alissa and Ashley been reversed it may have happened but not a chance in hell now. The much less important 4CC is still a possibility, however.