Senior Ladies Free Skate at 7:00 pm EST. | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Free Skate at 7:00 pm EST.

lavender

Record Breaker
Just realized Agnes came in 6th in the long and still got bronze. I would have tried my hardest to get Caroline the bronze.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
So thrilled for Ashley, she really conquered her nerves and committed to the performance. I'm heartbroken for Agnes but I hope she will be satisfied having earned her first Nats medal. I'm hopeful she can have some great results in the future.

Alyssa really disappointed me. She seems to have watered down transitions and still couldn't deliver a remotely clean program. Nonetheless, she deserves her silver medal since Agnes melted down and Caroline didn't have the technical content necessary.

SLouise

Rinkside
Congratulations Ashley!! And Caroline - what an amazing comeback she made this year. I'm still shocked. What an inspiration she is.
Also congrats to Alissa and Agnes for their medals. :)

icebeauty

On the Ice
Just realized Agnes came in 6th in the long and still got bronze. I would have tried my hardest to get Caroline the bronze.

now that that's been pointed out...i'm with you.
but considering how happy Caroline was, i think she's thrilled at the outcome, I'm not sure who has a bigger smile, Ashley or Caroline.

Masculine body? I think it's very feminine, she's just bigger than the average teensy tiny skater lady. Have you seen her show programs? She just needs better packaging. Even though she didn't do her best, I really enjoy watching her smooth style and I think winning the short and seeing the successes of Ashley and Caroline will inspire her to do even better next season.

Congrats to the US A-list and to Caroline! Mirai: :love:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Caroline really backed off on her speed in the FS. IMO she was a bit over-scored in PCS. In other words, I think Agnes earned that bronze despite the mistakes in the long.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
This is definately Ashley's year! She was fierce! Awesome attack! Happy for Alyssa to fight andnot meltdown, she is received well by the international judges and has time to work out her kinks. I am soo disappointed for Mirai, she has it all, I do wonder if she has somekind of ADD. I'm not trying to be mean but I have two girls who have ADHD, Mirai seems to have a genuine issue with staying focused. Sandra Bezic made the statement that a fan called her name and she looked to see who it was. If she conquers that demon she would be unstoppable.

emma

Record Breaker
^it looked like a good edge to me too, but ...

That said, I'm thrilled for Ashley, really thrilled!!!! She has great programs, great attitude and really good skating this season. Keep it up!!! We need you to bring it at worlds!!!

I love Agnes' "masculine body" (although I would say that she is tall, and like the oh so glam Rochette, ripped).

I'm not convinced that Alissa looked nervous or scared...she messed up a very important jump and stayed calm and in the program. I think she is very different Alissa than two years ago. I think she could still use power; and yes, her jumps are not high. But I continue to see improvement, especially in her basic skating; I continue to see fight. And as I said earlier, I was surprised by the content in this LP as I had not seen it earlier this season so, I bet she has more to show us, and hopefully, will.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
It is amazing to think there are atleast 6 women with a good shot at making the U.S Olympic team for 2014- Wagner, Czisny, Agnes, Gold, Nagasu, and now Zhang. Maybe a 7th with Gao and maybe some more to come. Other than the certainty Flatt wont make it (if she is even still competing by 2014) it is hard to predict what will happen.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Come on, re Agnes' body -- the bodies of human beings come in all shapes, sizes, angles. When Agnes is on, she is as good as many of the top ten ladies in the World. This was a big step for her in coming back from a poor start to the season. She just wasn't able to take the final part of that step, yet still garners a bronze medal on the strength of her sp. I like to see ladies (and men too) depart from the norm by exploring their own unique style. Not every lady has to be pretty, lyrical, elegant. Why not shake up the expected with different takes. Honestly, I'd love to see more of edgy, different, exciting (whether the approach is more athletic and less dainty, ladylike, or ladylike with an edge, or whatever).

Special congrats to Ashley, and bravo to all who gave it their best effort. "The sun will come out tomorrow."

icebeauty

On the Ice
She will need an international assignment. If she goes to 4CC and does well, that will get her 2 GPs.

i know USFS will probably ask Ashley and Alissa if they would like to do 4CC since it's in the US this year...but I'd like them to send Agnes, Caroline, and Gracie (if she has an LP program). It'll give all 3 a chance to grow, get more experience and confidence. All 3 have good shots at doing well.