Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Ladies Free Skate at 7:00 pm EST.

Custom Title
    ^it looked like a good edge to me too, but ...

That said, I'm thrilled for Ashley, really thrilled!!!! She has great programs, great attitude and really good skating this season. Keep it up!!! We need you to bring it at worlds!!!

I love Agnes' "masculine body" (although I would say that she is tall, and like the oh so glam Rochette, ripped).

I'm not convinced that Alissa looked nervous or scared...she messed up a very important jump and stayed calm and in the program. I think she is very different Alissa than two years ago. I think she could still use power; and yes, her jumps are not high. But I continue to see improvement, especially in her basic skating; I continue to see fight. And as I said earlier, I was surprised by the content in this LP as I had not seen it earlier this season so, I bet she has more to show us, and hopefully, will.

Banned
    It is amazing to think there are atleast 6 women with a good shot at making the U.S Olympic team for 2014- Wagner, Czisny, Agnes, Gold, Nagasu, and now Zhang. Maybe a 7th with Gao and maybe some more to come. Other than the certainty Flatt wont make it (if she is even still competing by 2014) it is hard to predict what will happen.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    OK, where can we watch the medal ceremony?
    Hey, congratulations to you, Polymer Bob, Caroline's most loyal fan! I'm happy for you!

Custom Title
    Come on, re Agnes' body -- the bodies of human beings come in all shapes, sizes, angles. When Agnes is on, she is as good as many of the top ten ladies in the World. This was a big step for her in coming back from a poor start to the season. She just wasn't able to take the final part of that step, yet still garners a bronze medal on the strength of her sp. I like to see ladies (and men too) depart from the norm by exploring their own unique style. Not every lady has to be pretty, lyrical, elegant. Why not shake up the expected with different takes. Honestly, I'd love to see more of edgy, different, exciting (whether the approach is more athletic and less dainty, ladylike, or ladylike with an edge, or whatever).

Special congrats to Ashley, and bravo to all who gave it their best effort. "The sun will come out tomorrow."

Custom Title
    She will need an international assignment. If she goes to 4CC and does well, that will get her 2 GPs.
    i know USFS will probably ask Ashley and Alissa if they would like to do 4CC since it's in the US this year...but I'd like them to send Agnes, Caroline, and Gracie (if she has an LP program). It'll give all 3 a chance to grow, get more experience and confidence. All 3 have good shots at doing well.

Custom Title
    Caroline's SP was underscored with her clean 3R-3R. And aren't step -outs -1's in GOE??? Why did she get -2's for her 3F in the LP? Mood: outraged!

Banned
    Zhang is basically coming back from nowhere. In the pecking order she was well down coming into this event. Figure skating is a reputation sport. Things wont happen overnight. What she was able to do here was amazing and if she keeps skating that well her marks will go up.

I don't find Agnes masculine at all. She is athletic but that doesn't mean she is masculine.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Caroline really backed off on her speed in the FS. IMO she was a bit over-scored in PCS. In other words, I think Agnes earned that bronze despite the mistakes in the long.
    And you don't think Agnes PCS was bumped up too much in the FS? Caroline's PCS was 56.55 while Agnes' PCS was 59.60

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Hey, congratulations to you, Polymer Bob, Caroline's most loyal fan! I'm happy for you!
    Thank you. Much appreciated.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeauty View Post
    i know USFS will probably ask Ashley and Alissa if they would like to do 4CC since it's in the US this year...but I'd like them to send Agnes, Caroline, and Gracie (if she has an LP program). It'll give all 3 a chance to grow, get more experience and confidence. All 3 have good shots at doing well.
    I'm sure Ashley would want to go. It would be another chance for her to build confidence and earn an international medal. If they send Caroline I hope she can put her 3-3 combo in the long; it might have won her a medal today.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    Well, I think Ashley, Alissa, and Agnes are going to go to 4CC. Quite possibly also that Gracie would.
    I wonder if Alissa might opt not to, in order to rest and take a break. She seems tired and has had some injuries this season.
    Ashley and Agnes will almost certainly go...Ashley needs to cement her rep and Agnes is a local girl.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    It is amazing to think there are atleast 6 women with a good shot at making the U.S Olympic team for 2014- Wagner, Czisny, Agnes, Gold, Nagasu, and now Zhang. Maybe a 7th with Gao and maybe some more to come. Other than the certainty Flatt wont make it (if she is even still competing by 2014) it is hard to predict what will happen.
    You can add Angela Wang to that list as well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I don't find Agnes masculine at all. She is athletic but that doesn't mean she is masculine.
    right. that's why I put masculine in quotes when I responded....my way of not eye rolling or getting upset over a friendly conversation. She is strong, and beautiful, and I love it.

Custom Title
    Thank you. Much appreciated.
    I would like to join you in this exclusive club

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast