Senior Pairs Free Skate | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs Free Skate

icemusings

On the Ice
Groups 1 and 2 will close out Day 7 of U.S. Nationals as soon as they're done resurfacing the ice.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
But the other two groups are going tomorrow? Or the other one group (not sure how many pairs there actually are)?

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm pumped! :thumbsup:

I made arrangements to get this day off b/c Nationals only comes around once per year and I wouldn't miss the MENS for the world! :rock: And it just so happens that Pairs is also skating today, so I'm not going to miss them either, lol, especially my fav pair Donlan & Speroff, and I'm starting to really like that new pair of Andrea Poapst (her lines & the way she holds herself, right through to the fingertips, is astounding!). And of course there is the suspence & excitement of seeing whether Denney & Coughlin can overtake Marley & Brubaker, as well as Evora & Ladwig.

Anyhow, just watched the first group of pairs over on IN, not bad, love Peter Carruthers commentary btw. :) And now looking at the "Live Streaming Schedule of IN" it states that MENS will be starting here in 1 hr., 9:30AM PST/12:30PM EST (first 2 groups; final groups on your local NBC affiliate, ugh). And PAIRS (group 3) will be shown on IN at 11:30AM PST/2:30PM EST, with the final group being shown on your local NBC affiliate. :D

GOOD LUCK TO ALL! LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :party:

Nadine

Record Breaker
You need to check your NBC channel, just turn on the t.v., scroll down to NBC, and check to see when it comes on, that's how I did it. :D

Nadine

Record Breaker
Here We Go, IN says to "get set", okey doke. :)

They haven't introduced the judges yet nor the skaters so you all have time to do last minute things. ;)

Nadine

Record Breaker
ALL RIGHT, THERE THEY ARE, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONLAN & SPEROFF AND EVERYBODY ELSE!!!! :rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hmmm, I like how Peter Carruthers is talking about Ashley Cain and the other pairs, interesting perspective, okay here we go (nervous for D&S)...

verte76

On the Ice
Thanks the stupid 700 Club is on my NBC affiliate now and scaring the heck out of my canary!

Nadine

Record Breaker
SO! :clap: Cain & Reagan have really put the pressure on by skating excellently! :rock: And Peter C. is a huge fan of Ashley Cain, and I can see why b/c she's a great jumper, competing both in singles & pairs, has helped the team tremendously!

Cain and Reagan did a great job. Was that two back-to-back throw triples? Gutsy! When their lifts are on, they're stunning because of her long limbs. Love their simple but elegant costumes.

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, I honestly felt like I was at the ballet (Peter C. we are simpatico, everything you say is what I'm thinking), the only thing they're going to get dinged on per usual is the jumps. :( :cry: Gretchen singled her 2A and they only did doubles, this is going to cost them. BUT WHAT A PERFORMANCE!!!! :rock: :clap: :love: :party2:

Oh.My.Goodness. That was just a sublime rendition of the Sleeping Beauty pas de deux. Their lifts are very close to the best in the business and what a huge second throw triple. And the beautiful choreo. I love the spirals where he starts out holding her foot. Did she have to push herself away from the board at one point?

Give me those old-time ballet programs!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
This is going to be close b/c P&K are in the same exact vein as D&S, both beautiful gorgeous balletic skaters, both teams so close in style, even skating to classics! D&S to "Sleeping Beauty" and then P&K to "Swan Lake". BRAVO! BRAVO! It will come down to the jumps, and neither did that well. Jmho. :)

I thought D/S were far superior. I don't know if anyone in the comp will do better than that. They are Worlds quality, even with their weak points.

That said, P/K are great too but too bad that they skated right after D/S in a similar vein.

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, I was so nervous I almost vomited. :eek: I totally forgot about the lead D&S had from the SP, so that helped, just surprised that P&K are 3rd, but then I remembered the phenomenal performance & jumps of C&R.

Now I'm watching it HD on my big screen, NBC! YEAH! :cool: