Senior Pairs Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Pairs Free Skate

Macassar88

Medalist
I hate when programs are composed of cuts from unrelated, overused music. Caprice 24 reminds me of Pang and Tong's great pairs program, and there have been a bazillion pairs and other skaters who have used Rach 2.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Are you the same Gymfan15 from the IG boards?

I wanted them to skate lights out, too, and have the chance to win.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Are you the same Gymfan15 from the IG boards?

I wanted them to skate lights out, too, and have the chance to win.

Yep. :)

Mary Beth and Rockne are a real cute team and I look forward to see them skate more. D/C just rub me wrong...I don't know. It didn't help to see cute Caitlin looking all lonely without a partner. :p

I wish Denney's makeup wasn't quite so loud. But it's nice to see someone skating with short hair instead of the bun.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yep. :)

Mary Beth and Rockne are a real cute team and I look forward to see them skate more. D/C just rub me wrong...I don't know. It didn't help to see cute Caitlin looking all lonely without a partner. :p

I'm nlm! Hi! :)

I actually like the way D/C attack their program (like D/B used to do), but I admit I also still feel weird about them because of the split with Caitlin. Plus it is odd to see someone go from a team that pretty much had the better received artistry/package overall to being on a team that has work to do in the artistry department. But they gave a great performance and I'm happy they were able to do so. Now let's see if that will hold up for Worlds.

I like Mary Beth and Rockne's flow on the ice. Hopefully they will stay together and become that U.S. team that goes up the rankings.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine heading my way

Mister Bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actch'll
Ev'rything is satisfactch'll
:love::love:Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!:) :)

NOW ONTO THE MEN, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!:rock:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Neither Caydee nor John are particularly graceful skaters, and it just gets worse with the two of them together.

Still, shutting down Andrea Joyce twice, once by each of them, makes me a bit more appreciative.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I wish Denney's makeup wasn't quite so loud. But it's nice to see someone skating with short hair instead of the bun.

Me too. I understand the stage makeup for the bright lights, but it is too much IMO. On the other hand, I kind of like that she has her own sort of style (yes, the hair goes along with that).

Andrea Joyce was quite bossy with the order they had to sit in, huh?

If there's one question that sets my teeth on edge, it's "What was going through your mind when...." Ugh! What was going through their minds? "Stroke...stroke...get ready to jump... **#* that landing....next one...."

Art&Sport

Medalist
Clean skate from D/C, but they definitely do not thrill me. I don't see them taking 6th place at Worlds either. The teams for U.S. pairs future leading up to Sochi, I hope will be Marley/ Brubaker, Donlan/ Speroff, and Cain/Reagan. But, D/C apparently are politically backed and liked. I don't think their program, while clean should have necessarily scored as highly. The only way D/C will prove their worth to me (and I know I don't matter), is to rock who they are, take a different approach and really up their level at the same time with difficult lifts and something special. Coughlin needs a lot more stretch and less looking like a truck driver (or else make the truck driver look work on the ice for their team). Right now, they are just 2 parts of previous successful teams who have come together, skated clean a conservative fp and were over-scored.

Of course, M/B and E/L needed to skate lights out with just what they have right now and can do, but they didn't. Congrats to the medalists.

SGrand

Final Flight
Good Lord!!!! Women skaters need to learn about HD and they need to know that matching their eyeshadow to their costumes is one of the worst ideas ever and so not necessary.

alexeifan

On the Ice
I think Caitlyn is sort of lucky not to be with John anymore, he sort of had a truck driver look to her classy look. Now that he is with Caydee it just hypes up the truck driver look, they do not look classy at all, worlds will not like this. When I see them together I think to myself...heeee hawww....

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I think Caitlyn is sort of lucky not to be with John anymore, he sort of had a truck driver look to her classy look. Now that he is with Caydee it just hypes up the truck driver look, they do not look classy at all, worlds will not like this. When I see them together I think to myself...heeee hawww....

Of course, right now she doesn't have a partner and isn't all that interested in singles, whereas John is now a two-time National champion and is clearly part of a politically favoured duo.

To the poster who asked why C/L split up: I think people are still asking that q. Don't think an explanation has ever been given.

I think Caydee looked way better in a bun. Their program was glaringly empty coming after the exquisite Sleeping Beauty of D/S. I wish they were going to worlds.

M/B did great - hopefully Mary Beth can do a repeat and Rockne will focus.

I feel like E/L was gifted. They aren't going to go anywhere IMO unless she can fix her jumps and it seems kind of late for that. They don't have the best lifts in town any more either. Hello, D/S!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Thrilled about Donlan/Speroff! :hb:
Unthrilled about Denney/Coughlin. Truck drivers. Heh. Exactly. I'm getting images of that old song "Convoy" now....
Sad about Evora/Ladwig. It really does seem like their window of opportunity the last couple of years is passing them by. :disapp:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm just echoing what a lot of people have said but D/C didn't do much for me tonight. They are definitely the deserved winners- I don't dispute that even if their scores were a bit inflated- the other teams were too. However, for me they just don't skate with the kind of emotion necessary for the music- I think they should pick music that plays more to their strengths. I will say that, though I've tried to stay out of the debates on what their romantic situation is or is not, I do think it's fairly obvious now that they're dating and have little confidence that they won't break up as a team if they break up as a couple. I don't, right now,think they are our best long term pair prospect but of course anything's possible.

Very sorry for E/L. I hope they will compete again next year. I enjoy watching them and wish them well.

M/B I think are and are going to be amazing. I think they are definitely our strongest prospect for the future- they have made amazing progress and have great presence and personality and lines. She also really does have the heart of a competitor I think- she was amazing today when they were sitting in first and she was a great sport after and SO happy about the final result you cold tell. I am VERY much looking forward to watching them in the future and love what they have been saying about longevity being key- I hope they do stay together and grow for years to come.