Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Senior Pairs Free Skate

Custom Title
    Well deserved SO by D&C! That powerful performance is what sets them apart from ALL the rest!!!! Their pairing is magical, yes, I did not like how it came about, but the result is magical, simply magical...

BUT I have to be honest the whole time I kept thinking about my fav pair D&S and that they are now *guaranteed* a pewter medal!!! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! From 8th last year, to a horrible showing this past summer to the point they got no invitationals, to now a 4th place finish, couldn't be happier, more than I expected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh... I didn't realize how much score inflation there was at US Nationals until I realized that they broke their personal record by around 13 points, and were just given a score that would give them the 7th or 8th highest score of all time in a free skate.

Custom Title
    I'm surprised E/L are still together (imo). They need more difference in size and height or something. Not sure what it is but they get no height on jump elements.
    Last edited by lavender; 01-29-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Custom Title
    Too bad about the mistakes from E&L (love the fact that they have been together for 10 yrs!). But they are guaranteed at least a bronze medal.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Didn't like the choreography for that E/L program, so much of the skating is done far apart.

Custom Title
    oh, dear, I so love Evora and Ladwig in terms of style, speed, emotional connection, and incredible lifts, but their jumps are precarious. What a pity.

Sandra Bezic is especially useful as a commentator for pairs because of her experience both skating and choreographing for pairs, and she pointed out that Evora/Ladwig's program is superior to those already skated, but "the mistakes mask the quality."

Why did Yankowskas and Coughlin split up again?

I hope Mary Beth and Rockne won't have a meltdown...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    D/C will probably win but that was an awkward lift at the end. I didn't like the way they executed it.
    frankly i really HATE Caydee's position in lifts. not enough stretch and she just looks awkward in the air like she's not pushing back in her arm to help her partner out...idk, just my opinion and something i've thought has been a problem for her for years...wish someone would get her to fix it

Dang it, Rockne! It was Mary Beth that everyone was worried about but it looks like they shouldn't have bothered. I really wanted them or E/L to do well because I can't really stomach the thought of D/M being the champs; they do nothing for me as a team.

I hate when programs are composed of cuts from unrelated, overused music. Caprice 24 reminds me of Pang and Tong's great pairs program, and there have been a bazillion pairs and other skaters who have used Rach 2.

Custom Title
    D&C GOLD!
    M&B Silver
    E&L Bronze
    D&S PEWTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly, Mary Beth should team up with Caitlin.

Custom Title
    Are you the same Gymfan15 from the IG boards?

I wanted them to skate lights out, too, and have the chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by loop9497 View Post
    Are you the same Gymfan15 from the IG boards?

I wanted them to skate lights out, too, and have the chance to win.
    Yep.

Mary Beth and Rockne are a real cute team and I look forward to see them skate more. D/C just rub me wrong...I don't know. It didn't help to see cute Caitlin looking all lonely without a partner.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast