Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Worlds, 4CC, Jr. Worlds Teams

Yeah that's kind of confusing about Alissa not going to Four Continents.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Hmm, interesting, not surprised about Worlds really, USFSA has always picked the top 2 (or 3 when applicable), only deviating under very unusual circumstances, which isn't the case this year. And especially seeing how Agnes Zawadski did at 15 when she won the US Jr. Title, from there she finished Silver at the 2010 Jr. Worlds, and Bronze at the 2011 Jr. Worlds. So judging from that I expect they hope for Gracie Gold to hopefully do as well as Agnes did. Neither is ready for the big time, still need to work on their presentation, which isn't in the league of Kostner, Asada, Czisny, Korpi. Unfortunately this year is the weakest year at Worlds imho, no big time hitters like Ando nor Kim, but next year it's time to up the ante and start making Worlds respectable again, especially the Olympics where one wants not just artistry, but POWER as well!

This year is the best year for an American to capture a medal, and that's Alissa Czisny, they like her lines, postures, positions, SPINS, beauty, longevity, et al. And if others can win a medal with 3 or 4 jumps then so can Alissa!!!!!!!!!! For Ashley, they won't be so forgiving, nor have they been, but that's alright, I just want her & Alissa to attain that magical number of 13.

4CC, glad that Agnes gets a shot at it, let's see how she holds up this time, because honestly, thinking long term, she (& hopefully Gracie Gold) are the only power hitters America has. Everyone else has smallish jumps, at best average, questionable technique (e.g. flutz, lip, UR, et al). Sad, but true.... :(
    I agree plus i want to see some of the new kids like Agnes get a shot at Worlds since the girls from the previous Olympic cycle hasn't gotten it done internationally. But Agnes has to learn put down good performances in the LP or she'll become like Mirai. Yes it sucks to skate last holding a lead but if you want to be a champion you have to get it done somehow.

Yeah, I saw Alissa injured at the Grand Prix final and it was really sad. I'm glad she's going to Worlds.

I'm off to check my TV and see if there is anymore skating on tonight. I'd like to see the exos!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Supposedly, check your local NBC listings for the exhibition next Saturday. At least that's what they said on today's broadcast.

Here's the updated press release from USFS regarding World, 4CC and Jr. World selections: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=47717&type=media

It seem the committee is showing flexibility, at least in its alternates:

* Mirai got the 3rd alternate position over Christina or Rachael.
    * Rachael is the 1st alternate for 4CC, Mirai 2nd and Christina 3rd.
    * Richard is 1st alternate for 4CC despite finishing 13th this year.
    * Armin is unfortunately second alternate for both Worlds and 4CC despite being the pewter medalist.

For junior worlds, they seem to have not consider straight placements.
    I find it interesting they chose to send Vanessa instead of Angela Wang to Jr. Worlds though Angela ended up placing higher than Vanessa. But it makes sense given her solid JGP (along with Gracie Gold). Also interesting that they put Hannah and Ashley as higher alternates than Angela. Christina Gao makes sense given that's she's eligible.

In Men, Keegan was completely passed over despite him finishing better than Josh Farris and Jason Brown. But Farris and Brown have some international pull given that both made JGPF, so again makes sense.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 01-29-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Because the postal services knows nothing about figure skating!

Custom Title
    i wish K/G-S got 4CC. and can i remind everyone that there is still world team trophy, and mirai may have to use her awful LP again?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    For junior worlds, they seem to have not consider straight placements.
    I find it interesting they chose to send Vanessa instead of Angela Wang to Jr. Worlds though Angela ended up placing higher than Vanessa. But it makes sense given her solid JGP (along with Gracie Gold). Also interesting that they put Hannah and Ashley as higher alternates than Angela. Christina Gao makes sense given that's she's eligible.
    Christina Gao has gone to Jr. World 3 times, never materialized. She's been on the Sr circuit for 2 years as well. Maybe it's time for new blood. Caroline Zhang is still eligible, right?
    Angela is a nervous skater. She has the technical contents, but she did not make a name for herself (given no chances)
    Vanessa is more steady, great spins and steps. Only need to land the jumps and fix her flutz. She's also proven herself in the jr circuit.
    I thought Christina Gao was a bit odd. I would send Gracie, Vanessa, and either Ashley Cain or Angela. Probably Angela because Ashley was terrible during her 2 events.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Here's the updated press release from USPS regarding World, 4CC and Jr. World selections: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=47717&type=media
    LOL, I didn't realize the postal service has a say on who goes to Worlds and 4CC.

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    LOL, I didn't realize the postal service has a say on who goes to Worlds and 4CC.
    LOL. Thank for catching that. Post edited.

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Christina Gao has gone to Jr. World 3 times, never materialized. She's been on the Sr circuit for 2 years as well. Maybe it's time for new blood. Caroline Zhang is still eligible, right?
    I thought Christina Gao was a bit odd. I would send Gracie, Vanessa, and either Ashley Cain or Angela. Probably Angela because Ashley was terrible during her 2 events.
    Christina Gao has only been to Junior Worlds twice - she was 8th in 2010 and 4th in 2011. If she skates clean with a 3-3 in both programs, she has a great chance at the podium. I think she skated great at Nationals and deserved an international assignment - they didn't want to give her 4CC, so Junior Worlds was the only place to stick her. As for Ashley Cain or Angela Wang, Christina is a much better investment for Sochi. With the arrival of Gracie and Vanessa this season, I'd say the field of contenders for 2014 is pretty much set. I'm going to assume you were kidding about Caroline and Junior Worlds..
    Last edited by LeCygne; 01-29-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Alissa Czisny did not decline a bid to 4CC, she was not given one in the first place. According to Jeremy Ten's twitter, "Alissa just informed me that she didn't get selected for 4CC. My entire day is ruined. Sad.com/unfair."

So USFS gave Alissa, Agnes, and Caroline each one slot at the major Internationals. Why, who knows? Perhaps they thought Alissa was still slightly injured from GPF and wanted to give her some more rest before Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    Christina Gao has only been to Junior Worlds twice - she was 8th in 2010 and 4th in 2011. If she skates clean with a 3-3 in both programs, she has a great chance at the podium. I think she skated great at Nationals and deserved an international assignment - they didn't want to give her 4CC, so Junior Worlds was the only place to stick her. As for Ashley Cain or Angela Wang, Christina is a much better investment for Sochi. With the arrival of Gracie and Vanessa this season, I'd say the field of contenders for 2014 is pretty much set. I'm going to assume you were kidding about Caroline and Junior Worlds..
    I'm half-kidding about Caroline. If Christina Gao, who's been on the Senior level for years, is going to World because she's age-eligible, why not Caroline? Caroline finished higher than her, on an upward trajectory, more potential than Gao at this point. Christina is a much better investment for Sochi if Christina doesn't go to school full time next year. She won't pass up school to skate full time until Sochi. She would be just like Flatt this year.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStage Barbie View Post
    Alissa Czisny did not decline a bid to 4CC, she was not given one in the first place. According to Jeremy Ten's twitter, "Alissa just informed me that she didn't get selected for 4CC. My entire day is ruined. Sad.com/unfair."

So USFS gave Alissa, Agnes, and Caroline each one slot at the major Internationals. Why, who knows? Perhaps they thought Alissa was still slightly injured from GPF and wanted to give her some more rest before Worlds.
    And maybe they want Agnes and Caroline to be ready in case Alissa's injury reasserts itself in the intense preparation for Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by BackStage Barbie View Post

Also this:

Had a lunch date with @courtmckiss downtown & than did some therapy shopping to get over my disappointment about Alissa not coming to 4CC...
    and this:

Judging by my purchases...I must be sadder than I thought. #Splurged #RetailTherapy #Oops
    Also didn't realize that Jeremy Ten and Alissa was such good friends!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast