Worlds, 4CC, Jr. Worlds Teams | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Worlds, 4CC, Jr. Worlds Teams

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
GO GRACIE!! WHOOP SOME RUSSIAN BUTT!! i hope she shows that the US isn't done yet, and give the russians a run for their money. if she skates 2 clean programs, i'll put money on it she will medal, if not win. i hope she continues to improve not only her terrific beautiful jumps (3A?) but also her artistry and spins. she is almost the total package even right now.

I'm excited to see how Gracie is going to perform under real pressure, against skaters who can actually beat her.

As for Alyssa, I'm surprised she wasn't picked for 4CC, but I get that the USFSA wants to spread assignments among those who performed well at Nationals, and the top 4 ladies all did well in at least one segment of the competition.

ryanbfan

On the Ice
I believe that Keegan is too old for Jr Worlds this year? Born 1/23/1992, so he is now 20.

Brown 12/15/1994
Farris 6/1/1995

Both are still junior eligible. And both medalled this year at the GPF (Jason winning).

Keegan will need to do some summer competitions, and hopefully snag a GP berth.

You are correct. 2010/2011 was Keegan's last junior eligible season. He had a senior B this season and won it (Coupe De Nice).

He will definitely do Liberty again, I would be surprised if he didn't, his mom once told me that will probably be something they always do. I also know that they are trying to get him out more in the summer and competing.

-------------------------------

Speaking of alternate lists, Armin is not happy with the 4CC snub. I met him this weekend and told him that I was the one on twitter that loved all of his cheesy jokes. So I tweeted him yesterday and said Congrats on the bronze... now where's my cheesy joke? and he responded and said "the 4CC alternates list". Ouch. :no:

Last edited:

LeCygne

Final Flight
as far as jr. worlds go, i'm kind of tired of seeing Gao get a spot (isn't this her 3rd year or something) and Lam (2nd year?) i know usfsa is doing what's best for placements but it would be nice to give other up and coming skaters an opportunity.

Christina was 8th and 4th in her last two trips. Caroline Zhang also went to Junior Worlds three years in a row back in 2007-2009. This is Vanessa Lam's first time at Junior Worlds. I think USFSA is right to give international assignments to the best hopes for Sochi. Like I said, Gao and Lam are much better investments than Hannah Miller or Ashley Cain. The other "up and coming skaters" will have to wait until after Sochi.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not impressed with Christina. She has nice big jumps but other elements are lacking and she doesn't have a personality on the ice yet. As for Vanessa she still looks small and her jumps are still small which doesn't bode well for the future. I think if Gracie is consistent next season she will pass them both. I'd like to have seen Angela Wang go to Junior Worlds this year instead of Christina yet again. Heck if Courtney Hicks comes back Healthy i think she will be better then Lam. Two years is a long time and skaters like Nina Jang and Leah Keiser might also pass up Lam. And lets not forget the Junior skaters like Hannah Miller.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
He will definitely do Liberty again, I would be surprised if he didn't, his mom once told me that will probably be something they always do. I also know that they are trying to get him out more in the summer and competing.

which is THE most expensive time of the year to travel out or into Alaska... I'm buying two RT flights this summer... there goes about a thousand dollars - on airfare alone.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
As for Vanessa she still looks small and her jumps are still small which doesn't bode well for the future. I think if Gracie is consistent next season she will pass them both. I'd like to have seen Angela Wang go to Junior Worlds this year instead of Christina yet again. Heck if Courtney Hicks comes back Healthy i think she will be better then Lam. Two years is a long time and skaters like Nina Jang and Leah Keiser might also pass up Lam. And lets not forget the Junior skaters like Hannah Miller.

Courtney Hicks was healthy prior to her injury and her scores did not beat Lam's.
Nina Jiang and Leah Keiser are not there yet, Hannah Miller's jumps are even tinier, her speed, spins, footworks aren't at Lam's level yet.
You're comparing a bunch of junior girls who haven't even proven themselves and at this points aren't even close to Lam and Christina. 2 years is a long time, they could lose all their jumps as soon as anything changes.

I would prefer Angela Wang to take Christina's spot for Jr. World since Christina has gone twice.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Thanks - He must have struggled as I would have expected him to be in the mix for top 3.

Yeah, apparently he did struggle.. other years, I would have expected him to have been in the mix for top 3, but not this season, looking at how he skated on the GP.

ryanbfan

On the Ice
which is THE most expensive time of the year to travel out or into Alaska... I'm buying two RT flights this summer... there goes about a thousand dollars - on airfare alone.

Yes - but he also has sponsors. It's expensive but he doesn't get GP assignments and if he's lucky, he'll get a senior B. He needs to get out in front of the judges more than just once so the best time is during all of the summer competitions.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think it's the right call to send Czisny to worlds and leave her out of 4CCs. She's already done 4 comps this season, she's still recovering from injury- she needs some rest so she can hopefully be at or close to peak condition by Worlds.

Wagner, OTOH, missed the GPF and it would be to her benefit to go to 4CCs, get some more international experience and hopefully get some cred before heading off to worlds.

I really hope these two can get 3 spots back, but not getting my hopes up. But if one has to WD and then the 1st alternate (Zawadzki) goes, then chances go from 10% to 0.00000001%. I hope in time she can put her LP problems behind her. She has the exact opposite problem of Wagner.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I really hope these two can get 3 spots back, but not getting my hopes up. But if one has to WD and then the 1st alternate (Zawadzki) goes, then chances go from 10% to 0.00000001%. I hope in time she can put her LP problems behind her. She has the exact opposite problem of Wagner.

I think it's better than a 10% chance. It's really up to Alyssa though. Ashley will probably end up somewhere between 6th and 9th place unless she's squeaky clean; it's Alyssa who could medal or finish 15th.

macy

Record Breaker
I think it's better than a 10% chance. It's really up to Alyssa though. Ashley will probably end up somewhere between 6th and 9th place unless she's squeaky clean; it's Alyssa who could medal or finish 15th.

if both alissa and ashley skate well, there should be no problem getting a third spot back. that is if they both skate clean or very near clean. if alissa skates clean she can get top 4, if ashley skates clean somewhere in the top 10, i don't know where. i think the two of them are the best combination the US could have right now with the current seniors.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
PAIRS
2012 World Championships

Caydee Denney & John Coughlin
Mary Beth Marley & Rockne Brubaker

2012 Four Continents Championships
Caydee Denney & John Coughlin
Amanda Evora & Mark Ladwig
Mary Beth Marley & Rockne Brubaker

Yay! We get to see Rockne at 4 Continents and Worlds for the first time in several years!

tulosai

Record Breaker

This. Barring total weird and unaccounted for meltdown I think Ashley will place 10th or higher. Czisny is the one who has to hold it together and get in the top 5. It is an outside possibility that Ashley will get 9th and Alyssa 5th or something truly :bang: like that but not likely. If they both do their job it should turn out okay.