Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Worlds, 4CC, Jr. Worlds Teams

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    He will definitely do Liberty again, I would be surprised if he didn't, his mom once told me that will probably be something they always do. I also know that they are trying to get him out more in the summer and competing.
    which is THE most expensive time of the year to travel out or into Alaska... I'm buying two RT flights this summer... there goes about a thousand dollars - on airfare alone.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    As for Vanessa she still looks small and her jumps are still small which doesn't bode well for the future. I think if Gracie is consistent next season she will pass them both. I'd like to have seen Angela Wang go to Junior Worlds this year instead of Christina yet again. Heck if Courtney Hicks comes back Healthy i think she will be better then Lam. Two years is a long time and skaters like Nina Jang and Leah Keiser might also pass up Lam. And lets not forget the Junior skaters like Hannah Miller.
    Courtney Hicks was healthy prior to her injury and her scores did not beat Lam's.
    Nina Jiang and Leah Keiser are not there yet, Hannah Miller's jumps are even tinier, her speed, spins, footworks aren't at Lam's level yet.
    You're comparing a bunch of junior girls who haven't even proven themselves and at this points aren't even close to Lam and Christina. 2 years is a long time, they could lose all their jumps as soon as anything changes.

I would prefer Angela Wang to take Christina's spot for Jr. World since Christina has gone twice.

Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    Thanks - He must have struggled as I would have expected him to be in the mix for top 3.
    Yeah, apparently he did struggle.. other years, I would have expected him to have been in the mix for top 3, but not this season, looking at how he skated on the GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    which is THE most expensive time of the year to travel out or into Alaska... I'm buying two RT flights this summer... there goes about a thousand dollars - on airfare alone.
    Yes - but he also has sponsors. It's expensive but he doesn't get GP assignments and if he's lucky, he'll get a senior B. He needs to get out in front of the judges more than just once so the best time is during all of the summer competitions.

Down With It
    I think it's the right call to send Czisny to worlds and leave her out of 4CCs. She's already done 4 comps this season, she's still recovering from injury- she needs some rest so she can hopefully be at or close to peak condition by Worlds.

Wagner, OTOH, missed the GPF and it would be to her benefit to go to 4CCs, get some more international experience and hopefully get some cred before heading off to worlds.

I really hope these two can get 3 spots back, but not getting my hopes up. But if one has to WD and then the 1st alternate (Zawadzki) goes, then chances go from 10% to 0.00000001%. I hope in time she can put her LP problems behind her. She has the exact opposite problem of Wagner.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    I really hope these two can get 3 spots back, but not getting my hopes up. But if one has to WD and then the 1st alternate (Zawadzki) goes, then chances go from 10% to 0.00000001%. I hope in time she can put her LP problems behind her. She has the exact opposite problem of Wagner.
    I think it's better than a 10% chance. It's really up to Alyssa though. Ashley will probably end up somewhere between 6th and 9th place unless she's squeaky clean; it's Alyssa who could medal or finish 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I think it's better than a 10% chance. It's really up to Alyssa though. Ashley will probably end up somewhere between 6th and 9th place unless she's squeaky clean; it's Alyssa who could medal or finish 15th.
    if both alissa and ashley skate well, there should be no problem getting a third spot back. that is if they both skate clean or very near clean. if alissa skates clean she can get top 4, if ashley skates clean somewhere in the top 10, i don't know where. i think the two of them are the best combination the US could have right now with the current seniors.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by reynycpr View Post
    PAIRS
    2012 World Championships

Caydee Denney & John Coughlin
    Mary Beth Marley & Rockne Brubaker

2012 Four Continents Championships
    Caydee Denney & John Coughlin
    Amanda Evora & Mark Ladwig
    Mary Beth Marley & Rockne Brubaker
    Yay! We get to see Rockne at 4 Continents and Worlds for the first time in several years!

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    This. Barring total weird and unaccounted for meltdown I think Ashley will place 10th or higher. Czisny is the one who has to hold it together and get in the top 5. It is an outside possibility that Ashley will get 9th and Alyssa 5th or something truly like that but not likely. If they both do their job it should turn out okay.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4