Senior Men's Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Free Skate

emma

Record Breaker
The long program during the Olympic year where he skated it lights out clean at Nats was his Symphony No. 3 Organ Symphony program. Eight Seasons was the year before.

Thanks! duh! I just blanked.

Jeremy was clean and amazing the Olympic year but I love this program more. Just something about it just gives chills even when he's not clean.

There really is something about this program; I loved it since the very first time I saw it and today was particularly special.

Thanks so much for this!

shine

Record Breaker
If you mean the Olympic season one, not nearly as good a program or skate, imo, but deserving of the title.
I don't agree. I loved his LP from the Olympic season and the music, but his current LP is just on a whole different level. The choreography is so unique and truly comes from deep down within. Jump-wise he was of course more clean in 2010 (but he also had one more 3axel than he did in 2010). But artistically there's no comparison IMO.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I don't agree. I loved his LP from the Olympic season and the music, but his current LP is just on a whole different level. The choreography is so unique and truly comes from deep down within. Jump-wise he was of course more clean in 2010 (but he also had one more 3axel than he did in 2010). But artistically there's no comparison IMO.

Different strokes/different folks. I don't think the choreography is that unique - he doesn't create a mood different from what the Kerrs did last season, for example. It's clear he feels this music, though.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I had to be away from the computer during the TV broadcast, but I enjoyed it so much that I came back to the computer and read every post in this thread lol. I especially enjoyed the skates of Adam and Jeremy; Sato and Dungjen are really doing well with their skaters! I hope this continues, and I am very glad for them, as well as for Adam and Jeremy. It's so good to see Adam back on track again; I think that perhaps training together does help both Adam and Jeremy. I hope so very much that Jeremy will be able to give performances of this calibre at 4 CC and Worlds.

There was such a wide stylistic range among the men, that the event was a lot of fun for me, and I could see that a lot of hard work went into those performances. Way to go! Keep up the good work, guys! I also want to say that I appreciate the way that footwork is really becoming footwork again. Bravo!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Abbott's best performance ever is still 2008 Grand Prix Final for me. This was the next best though! (NOT that bland Long Program from the Olympic season)

Dots

Final Flight
I had to work today . Damn it! :scowl:

Anyone knows where I can watch Jeremy's beautiful skate? I went to Universal sports youtube channel, but there're no skating clips as of yet. :confused:

Poodlepal

On the Ice
Congrats to Jeremy, but overall this was sort of a boring field. Were they wearing uniforms? And if so, why didn't Adam Rippon get one?:laugh:

Most of the guys were just OK. Black top, black bottom, landed most of their jumps, either fell once or doubled/stepped out, etc. once or twice. Nobody was horrid, nobody was really perfect. Jeremy was the best, but nobody had the charm of Evan or Johnny (or Adam's short program, which was really good).

emma

Record Breaker
soul is a great word for this program. It's also incredibly intimate - there's a vulnerability, grace, beauty thing going on with an amazing amount of strength and controlled power that makes me feel very deeply when I watch it. I wish videos were up!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Beautiful, beautiful performance, the music, the emotion, the passion, the athleticism, the execution and the audience connection,
it was all there today. Bravo Jeremy!

Congrats to Jeremy, Adam and Ross. So happy that Adam made the World Team.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
That was mesmerizing from Jeremy. Just beautiful. A performance to justify his choreography and choice of music.

indeed. sublime. Jeremy certainly knows how to skate a National Championship. I had tears in my eyes during the straight line step sequence. So happy for him and Adam, they are the dream team for Worlds.

Evan is looking wise to stay away....I don't think he could have come close to Jeremy here.

jan

On the Ice
I agree and a clean skate should be able to challenge but....

He should but the judges have their own agenda.

I really like Jeremy Abbot but he needs to have cleaner landings and another quad to challenge a clean Chan. Please watch how Chan skated at his Nationals.

wallylutz

Medalist
I agree and a clean skate should be able to challenge but....

How about Jeremy actually skating to clean FS to begin with? Patrick Chan already did but not Jeremy. I watched NBC's broadcast live today and was shocked how generous the scoring was. He had three visible errors, including a little step out on the 3Lo and doubling the 3S. Somehow, that was an 180+ skate? Really? :confused:

He should but the judges have their own agenda.

Forget about the judges, what's Jeremy's Base Value to begin with, SP+FS? Once someone actually do the math, then they can then call the judges' agenda into question.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Some notes from watching it 20 ft from the rink.

Abbott is faster today than he was in the SP. He tried the 4T in the warm up, but popped to a 3T instead. As impressive as his SS was, I still see him thinking through his program. Looked very tentative (but fast) Deserved winner. Don't think he deserve the scores, though. That kind of scores are for Daisuke and Patrick only. You never see Dai or Patrick thinking through their programs, with Jeremy, you hold your breathe and you see him thinking along the way. I don't feel at ease watching him.

Rippon. He's the slowest skater of the men. Did not cover the ice as well as the other. It was painful to see him going into any jumps because he had no speed into them at all. I'm wondering how he could rotate these jumps with that speed. His score will not hold at the international level for the kind of skating he put out.

Ross. Fast, but terrible postures. Not much to say about him. I thought he should be 2nd overall.

Armin. Slow going into the 4T, but was much faster after than.

Max Aaron. The fastest tonight, but very wild. Almost no control going into the jumps. Did a 4S in warm up and I thought he was going to challenge for a medal. Oh well, next year.

Keegan, who I thought was robbed in the SP, was slower today. He was still blazing out there, but not as smooth as he was a day ago. Had trouble with a few jumps. Hope he has a better season next year. Very likable guy.

The one that impressed me the most is Jason Brown. Goodness me, his footwork is the most complicate of all competing. His transitions are just out of this world. After watching him, the rest of them, including Abbott, looked like novice skaters. He doesn't have a lot of jumps, but the way he linked them together was THE BEST!!!!!! Can't wait for the next Jason Brown programs.

Last edited:

fscric

On the Ice
Is there anywhere I could watch the skates? Would appreciate if somebody could provide the link. Thanks.