Senior Men's Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Free Skate

Serious Business

Record Breaker
OK, them showing Ashley's winning free skate from last night was unnecessary. They should've shown Armin's SP instead.

Nadine

Record Breaker
GORGEOUS skate by Ashley, my sis agrees, though she laughed a little when Ashley did her fabulous spiral, and I asked her why and she said "it looks so robotic", then I explained to her that's the part where Natalie Portman sprouts wings and is my favorite part. :cool: I'm just glad my sister says she was good, did she win? and I said "Yes". :)

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Jason brown! I love this kid. I think he's the future of US men's figure skating for sure...once he gets his jumps, P-Chiddy had better watch out.

What is this music, again? I know it, and it's driving me crazy.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
OMG, they skipped Jonathan and Grant, who were brilliant in the SP, and one of only 4 skaters to get all level 4s on all applicable elements (Jason Brown and Armin are the other two). BOO, NBC, BOO!

Jason Brown had a meltdown after his fall during the choreographed footwork sequence. I am gutted, but hopefully this will be a learning experience and he'll know to shrug off mistakes in the future.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Not with a skate like that. I only saw the last halfish, though.

Also, Adam and Ashley looked cute in the backstage glimpse.

Johar

Medalist
Jason Brown's skating blew me away!! I didn't see falls, I saw what he could do well.

emma

Record Breaker
I don't care....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Jason Brown. And, I love his attitude...he fell on footwork and unraveled a bit, but you could see he was trying and his smile at the end shows that he has spunk and I feel certain he will only grow from this.

Gosh....so much going on in that program. I really love all the split jumps (don't know the different names), and spiral stuff and just great movement.

periperi

On the Ice
Bah... They didn't show Grant or Jonathan.

Really enjoyed Jason. Too bad about the couple of falls at the end, but what an innovative skater.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Too much pressure on Jason Brown, especially by the commentators, and fans. Too bad, I thought he was even better than Adam Rippon until he started falling. :( I'd send him to Jr. Worlds again and see if he can improve upon his 7th place finish from last year. Same goes for Gracie Gold. Too much pressure, and this is the result.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Ahhh, Jason, I thought he seemed a lot more nervous than usual, but the fall on footwork came out of nowhere -- either it was the adrenalin (excitement of competition at Nats) kind of sapping his energy, and then the first fall made him lose his focus. He is usually so rock solid.

lavender

Record Breaker
Love Jason and both of his programs. Too bad about the falls. Now that was uncharacteristic. Scott gets this one right unlike Agnes.

emma

Record Breaker
stilll...great score for Brown given what happened, so, this means at least 6thplace, right? Not bad at all.

icebeauty

On the Ice
Jason brown! I love this kid. I think he's the future of US men's figure skating for sure...once he gets his jumps, P-Chiddy had better watch out.

What is this music, again? I know it, and it's driving me crazy.

yes, Jason is going to be great one day. You can tell at such a young age he understands skating, music, AND loves what he does...

Art&Sport

Medalist
Of course, Jason is going to Jr. Worlds, Nadine -- he just won Jr. GP final in December. Duh! Jason still needs to land his 3-axel in competition and gain the experience that will help him learn how to control his excitement and nerves, especially in pressure situations. Comparing Jason to Adam at this point, is pointless.

Jason has finer skating skills and better artistry than many of the top skaters who will be at Sr. Worlds!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that fluke fall by Jason took him by surprise and knocked the wind out of him. Experience will help him deal with things like that in the future.

ks777

Record Breaker
I have a feeling that Jason brown will be like Adam Rippon. No quad and inconsistant 3 axel.