Senior Men's Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Free Skate

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Abbott was amazing. He has a real shot at the silver at Worlds if he can build on this momentum. Very happy Rippon made it too. Hopefully next year Abbott can pass Weir's 3 U.S titles.

emma

Record Breaker
Can't wait for YT to see Jeremy's skates. May be a long wait. How did this LP compare to his 2009's?

Maybe you mean 2010 before the olympics (was it life is beautiful?)....that was amazing. This was a very different kind of amazing; not perfect the way 2010 was, but utterly mesmerizing from start to finish, so so beautiful. And you an see his entire body and these gorgeous lines it creates. gosh, I'm still stammering.

i'm thrilled that he did it and that he seems to be really following a plan; build with each comp, but save room to peak at the very end. My goodness, I seriously cannot wait to see worlds. If any of the top 10 men deliver what they can it will be so special, if two do it, my goodness and so forth :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Now that the Nationals has gone well for Jeremy, his next plan is to put a quad in his SP at 4CC. Good luck, Jeremy.

jettasian

Match Penalty
jeremy's quad was a thing of beauty.
I think Jeremy has the most complete package as a skater in the world. He really skates from the heart with so much attention to detail in a way that truly unique and NOT the way someone dictates to him. He had some iffy jumps/tight lands today, BUT if he puts together a clean SP and LP at world, he's a SERIOUS podium threat.

If he doesn't choke during big events.

genki

On the Ice
Love it!

Jeremy has now done so many masterpieces of choreography. He is so out of the ordinary. I think whoever said he's the all time best American man is right. He has that ability to mesmerize an audience.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ITA. After he hit that beautiful 4t, I just could not stop my tears. He went through so much and finally this mind blowing performance.
Chills, shivers, heart beat, I do not care little bubbles. As the commentator said, " This transcends the competition." Yea, it does, just like one of those Dai's excellent performance. I am so happy for him.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Maybe you mean 2010 before the olympics (was it life is beautiful?)....that was amazing. This was a very different kind of amazing; not perfect the way 2010 was, but utterly mesmerizing from start to finish, so so beautiful. And you an see his entire body and these gorgeous lines it creates. gosh, I'm still stammering.

i'm thrilled that he did it and that he seems to be really following a plan; build with each comp, but save room to peak at the very end. My goodness, I seriously cannot wait to see worlds. If any of the top 10 men deliver what they can it will be so special, if two do it, my goodness and so forth :)

I meant 2009 when he won the US title the last time. That was his best skate ever. I love his Life Is Beautiful program but he never had a really good performance with it. Too bad he has shelfed that.

Oops, it was 2010. I forgot US Nationals, like the Canadian, is in January. But it wasn't Life Is Beautiful.

Last edited:

periperi

On the Ice
Emma, Jeremy's Life is Beautiful program was from last season. I agree that that program really made his beautiful lines and pointed toes stand out.

jettasian

Match Penalty
We knew that.
My heart was thudding during Jeremy's skate. That was just fabulous. I'm speechless (unlike Scott and Sandra :scowl:). And I love his attitude: I'm going to peak at Worlds!
Now I understand why a lot of posters don't like Scott and Sandra. Boy, those two couldn't shut up, lol.

emma

Record Breaker
Ok, sorry...confused. what was the olympic year performance at nationals where he skated lights out clean? And what was 2009 (I'm thinking that was the year before the olympics)?

If you mean the Olympic season one, not nearly as good a program or skate, imo, but deserving of the title.
True about the performance - he can do it better. But the program itself is equally magnificent in a more meditative, emotional way. It's like someone living through a broken heart and coming back to life. Or something.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Ok, sorry...confused. what was the olympic year performance at nationals where he skated lights out clean? And what was 2009 (I'm thinking that was the year before the olympics)?

I edited my reply to correct my confusion. BTW, that Beatle's A Day In The Life SP was a masterpiece too.

emma

Record Breaker
No problem...but I was confused, too, about the program thinking it was life is beautiful (which is too bad he didn't get to really show that). anyway, this Muse LP is just freaking gorgeous. I cannot wait to see it on IN on Tuesday.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
True about the performance - he can do it better. But the program itself is equally magnificent in a more meditative, emotional way. It's like someone living through a broken heart and coming back to life. Or something.

Ehh, I hate Muse and love Camille Saint Saens, so there wasn't much hope for me there.

periperi

On the Ice

The long program during the Olympic year where he skated it lights out clean at Nats was his Symphony No. 3 Organ Symphony program. Eight Seasons was the year before.

lavender

Record Breaker
Jeremy was clean and amazing the Olympic year but I love this program more. Just something about it just gives chills even when he's not clean.

periperi

On the Ice
Jeremy was clean and amazing the Olympic year but I love this program more. Just something about it just gives chills even when he's not clean.

Ditto. Of course, I really hope he can skate it completely clean at Worlds. What a moment he would create.