Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's Free Skate

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Okami View Post
    That was before the Olympics, actually (the news, I mean). Then Oda wanted to make up for his Olympic LP shoelace fail and he overtrained/put to much pressure on himself before Worlds.
    Oh, OK. Then Oda's SP meltdown was a bit inexplicable, too. I guess sometimes a series of bad luck can happen to even the best athletes.

Custom Title
    Oh, man, what a beautiful skate.

Dungen and Sato should be walking on air. The top two men and the ladies' silver medalist. And all three of them potential head cases. Sato and Dungen can be certified as Skate Whisperers.

Custom Title
    Wow did Jeremy really choreograph that piece? I got chills off of that performance regardless of the few bobbles. Amazing program.

Jeremy definitely has a future as a choreographer once his skating is done competitively.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by loop9497 View Post
    Dornbush's SP definitely had to be a fluke.
    i'm blaming it on having to go first...ugh. sometimes i wish the draws for nationals took rankings into consideration.

Custom Title
    Holy PCS Batman! Inflated like crazy, but deserving victory nonetheless.

Interesting side note: of the top 10 Americans, only Douglas Razzano's TES was greater than his PCS.

Yeah, I was surprised to hear he choreographed the program himself. I thought it was Yuka Sato's doing; she's done such wonderful work for Taka imo. I agree that Jeremy could be a wonderful choreographer in the future.

ETA: Woot! 50th post! XD
    Last edited by periperi; 01-29-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Holy PCS Batman! Inflated like crazy, but deserving victory nonetheless.

Interesting side note: of the top 10 Americans, only Douglas Razzano's TES was greater than his PCS.
    Or 9 out of 10 have higher PCS than TES. Only a handful of skaters do in the world.

Custom Title
    jeremy's quad was a thing of beauty.
    I think Jeremy has the most complete package as a skater in the world. He really skates from the heart with so much attention to detail in a way that truly unique and NOT the way someone dictates to him. He had some iffy jumps/tight lands today, BUT if he puts together a clean SP and LP at world, he's a SERIOUS podium threat.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    With only Adam and Jeremy's scores left, Dornbush has the third highest SP. Indication that SP was a major fluke?
    We knew that.

My heart was thudding during Jeremy's skate. That was just fabulous. I'm speechless (unlike Scott and Sandra ). And I love his attitude: I'm going to peak at Worlds!

Adam was good, but he's been better this season IMO, at least interpretively. But it will be great to see him at Worlds with two strong programs.

Congrats to all the medalists!

So, the US A-team now has five members: Ashley, Alissa, Agnes, Abbott, and Adam! Woo hoo!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Wow did Jeremy really choreograph that piece? I got chills off of that performance regardless of the few bobbles. Amazing program.

Jeremy definitely has a future as a choreographer once his skating is done competitively.
    He also choreographed his Rhythm of Love exhibition (the one with the hat), and co-choreographed his stunning Hometown Glory number.

I can see him choreographing for other skaters now, never mind when he's done competing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    He also choreographed his Rhythm of Love exhibition (the one with the hat), and co-choreographed his stunning Hometown Glory number.

I can see him choreographing for other skaters now, never mind when he's done competing.
    He co-choreographed the competitive programs. He has been going to dancers for his SPs and had to help translate floor moves into ice moves.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Dungen and Sato should be walking on air. The top two men and the ladies' silver medalist. And all three of them potential head cases. Sato and Dungen can be certified as Skate Whisperers.
    Love it!

Jeremy has now done so many masterpieces of choreography. He is so out of the ordinary. I think whoever said he's the all time best American man is right. He has that ability to mesmerize an audience.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Jeremy, our world class skater. I hope he can keep it together for Worlds--that quad was just beautiful. If he can hit that at Worlds, he will give Patrick a run for his money.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeauty View Post
    jeremy's quad was a thing of beauty.
    I think Jeremy has the most complete package as a skater in the world. He really skates from the heart with so much attention to detail in a way that truly unique and NOT the way someone dictates to him. He had some iffy jumps/tight lands today, BUT if he puts together a clean SP and LP at world, he's a SERIOUS podium threat.

I agree and a clean skate should be able to challenge but....

If he can hit that at Worlds, he will give Patrick a run for his money.
    He should but the judges have their own agenda.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post

It's like he's Jeff Buttle, but with better jumps...

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast