Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's Free Skate

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    True about the performance - he can do it better. But the program itself is equally magnificent in a more meditative, emotional way. It's like someone living through a broken heart and coming back to life. Or something.
    Ehh, I hate Muse and love Camille Saint Saens, so there wasn't much hope for me there.

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    Ok, sorry...confused. what was the olympic year performance at nationals where he skated lights out clean? And what was 2009 (I'm thinking that was the year before the olympics)?
    The long program during the Olympic year where he skated it lights out clean at Nats was his Symphony No. 3 Organ Symphony program. Eight Seasons was the year before.

Custom Title
    Jeremy was clean and amazing the Olympic year but I love this program more. Just something about it just gives chills even when he's not clean.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Jeremy was clean and amazing the Olympic year but I love this program more. Just something about it just gives chills even when he's not clean.
    Ditto. Of course, I really hope he can skate it completely clean at Worlds. What a moment he would create.

Custom Title
    I'm a little late, but nice job Jeremy, Adam, Ross and Armin.
    Kick some butt at Worlds.

Custom Title
    Nice article on Jeremy's mesmerizing skate.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...0#.TyXWUIErJCQ

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by periperi View Post
    The long program during the Olympic year where he skated it lights out clean at Nats was his Symphony No. 3 Organ Symphony program. Eight Seasons was the year before.
    Thanks! duh! I just blanked.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    There really is something about this program; I loved it since the very first time I saw it and today was particularly special.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Thanks so much for this!

Custom Title

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    If you mean the Olympic season one, not nearly as good a program or skate, imo, but deserving of the title.
    I don't agree. I loved his LP from the Olympic season and the music, but his current LP is just on a whole different level. The choreography is so unique and truly comes from deep down within. Jump-wise he was of course more clean in 2010 (but he also had one more 3axel than he did in 2010). But artistically there's no comparison IMO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I don't agree. I loved his LP from the Olympic season and the music, but his current LP is just on a whole different level. The choreography is so unique and truly comes from deep down within. Jump-wise he was of course more clean in 2010 (but he also had one more 3axel than he did in 2010). But artistically there's no comparison IMO.
    Different strokes/different folks. I don't think the choreography is that unique - he doesn't create a mood different from what the Kerrs did last season, for example. It's clear he feels this music, though.

Custom Title
    I had to be away from the computer during the TV broadcast, but I enjoyed it so much that I came back to the computer and read every post in this thread lol. I especially enjoyed the skates of Adam and Jeremy; Sato and Dungjen are really doing well with their skaters! I hope this continues, and I am very glad for them, as well as for Adam and Jeremy. It's so good to see Adam back on track again; I think that perhaps training together does help both Adam and Jeremy. I hope so very much that Jeremy will be able to give performances of this calibre at 4 CC and Worlds.

There was such a wide stylistic range among the men, that the event was a lot of fun for me, and I could see that a lot of hard work went into those performances. Way to go! Keep up the good work, guys! I also want to say that I appreciate the way that footwork is really becoming footwork again. Bravo!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Abbott's best performance ever is still 2008 Grand Prix Final for me. This was the next best though! (NOT that bland Long Program from the Olympic season)

Custom Title
    I had to work today . Damn it!

Anyone knows where I can watch Jeremy's beautiful skate? I went to Universal sports youtube channel, but there're no skating clips as of yet.

Custom Title
    It's clear he feels this music, though.
    Exactly, there is a soul behind the performance (i.e., "honest performance"). What an excellent skater + great choreographer + outstanding performer + nice person = Jeremy the artist!

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast