Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's Free Skate

Custom Title
    Congrats to Jeremy, but overall this was sort of a boring field. Were they wearing uniforms? And if so, why didn't Adam Rippon get one?

Most of the guys were just OK. Black top, black bottom, landed most of their jumps, either fell once or doubled/stepped out, etc. once or twice. Nobody was horrid, nobody was really perfect. Jeremy was the best, but nobody had the charm of Evan or Johnny (or Adam's short program, which was really good).

Custom Title
    soul is a great word for this program. It's also incredibly intimate - there's a vulnerability, grace, beauty thing going on with an amazing amount of strength and controlled power that makes me feel very deeply when I watch it. I wish videos were up!

Beautiful, beautiful performance, the music, the emotion, the passion, the athleticism, the execution and the audience connection,
    it was all there today. Bravo Jeremy!

Congrats to Jeremy, Adam and Ross. So happy that Adam made the World Team.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    That was mesmerizing from Jeremy. Just beautiful. A performance to justify his choreography and choice of music.
    indeed. sublime. Jeremy certainly knows how to skate a National Championship. I had tears in my eyes during the straight line step sequence. So happy for him and Adam, they are the dream team for Worlds.

Evan is looking wise to stay away....I don't think he could have come close to Jeremy here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I agree and a clean skate should be able to challenge but....

He should but the judges have their own agenda.
    I really like Jeremy Abbot but he needs to have cleaner landings and another quad to challenge a clean Chan. Please watch how Chan skated at his Nationals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I agree and a clean skate should be able to challenge but....
    How about Jeremy actually skating to clean FS to begin with? Patrick Chan already did but not Jeremy. I watched NBC's broadcast live today and was shocked how generous the scoring was. He had three visible errors, including a little step out on the 3Lo and doubling the 3S. Somehow, that was an 180+ skate? Really?

He should but the judges have their own agenda.
    Forget about the judges, what's Jeremy's Base Value to begin with, SP+FS? Once someone actually do the math, then they can then call the judges' agenda into question.

Custom Title
    Some notes from watching it 20 ft from the rink.

Abbott is faster today than he was in the SP. He tried the 4T in the warm up, but popped to a 3T instead. As impressive as his SS was, I still see him thinking through his program. Looked very tentative (but fast) Deserved winner. Don't think he deserve the scores, though. That kind of scores are for Daisuke and Patrick only. You never see Dai or Patrick thinking through their programs, with Jeremy, you hold your breathe and you see him thinking along the way. I don't feel at ease watching him.

Rippon. He's the slowest skater of the men. Did not cover the ice as well as the other. It was painful to see him going into any jumps because he had no speed into them at all. I'm wondering how he could rotate these jumps with that speed. His score will not hold at the international level for the kind of skating he put out.

Ross. Fast, but terrible postures. Not much to say about him. I thought he should be 2nd overall.

Armin. Slow going into the 4T, but was much faster after than.

Max Aaron. The fastest tonight, but very wild. Almost no control going into the jumps. Did a 4S in warm up and I thought he was going to challenge for a medal. Oh well, next year.

Keegan, who I thought was robbed in the SP, was slower today. He was still blazing out there, but not as smooth as he was a day ago. Had trouble with a few jumps. Hope he has a better season next year. Very likable guy.

The one that impressed me the most is Jason Brown. Goodness me, his footwork is the most complicate of all competing. His transitions are just out of this world. After watching him, the rest of them, including Abbott, looked like novice skaters. He doesn't have a lot of jumps, but the way he linked them together was THE BEST!!!!!! Can't wait for the next Jason Brown programs.
    Last edited by FlattFan; 01-29-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Custom Title
    Find Jason Brown a Dance partner and go for 2018 Olympic Gold.

Custom Title
    Is there anywhere I could watch the skates? Would appreciate if somebody could provide the link. Thanks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    Is there anywhere I could watch the skates? Would appreciate if somebody could provide the link. Thanks.
    When American corporations own the rights, good luck plying the T-bone out of the Pitbull's mouth. Sorry.

Custom Title
    Uhh! Disappointed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Find Jason Brown a Dance partner and go for 2018 Olympic Gold.

Rinkside
    Check out this channel http://www.youtube.com/user/myintelssdrocks before the vids are pulled.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ntl View Post
    Check out this channel http://www.youtube.com/user/myintelssdrocks before the vids are pulled.
    Oooh thanks! Anyone interested better be a quick pick pocket.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ntl View Post
    Thank you so much.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast