Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's Free Skate

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    OK, them showing Ashley's winning free skate from last night was unnecessary. They should've shown Armin's SP instead.

Custom Title
    GORGEOUS skate by Ashley, my sis agrees, though she laughed a little when Ashley did her fabulous spiral, and I asked her why and she said "it looks so robotic", then I explained to her that's the part where Natalie Portman sprouts wings and is my favorite part. I'm just glad my sister says she was good, did she win? and I said "Yes".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    OK, them showing Ashley's winning free skate from last night was unnecessary. They should've shown Armin's SP instead.
    or how about Grant and Jonathan...

Jason brown! I love this kid. I think he's the future of US men's figure skating for sure...once he gets his jumps, P-Chiddy had better watch out.

What is this music, again? I know it, and it's driving me crazy.

Custom Title
    Could it be from Avatar?

I agree. Jason Brown is something extremely special.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    OMG, they skipped Jonathan and Grant, who were brilliant in the SP, and one of only 4 skaters to get all level 4s on all applicable elements (Jason Brown and Armin are the other two). BOO, NBC, BOO!

Jason Brown had a meltdown after his fall during the choreographed footwork sequence. I am gutted, but hopefully this will be a learning experience and he'll know to shrug off mistakes in the future.

Custom Title
    Not with a skate like that. I only saw the last halfish, though.

Also, Adam and Ashley looked cute in the backstage glimpse.

Jason Brown's skating blew me away!! I didn't see falls, I saw what he could do well.

Custom Title
    I don't care....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Jason Brown. And, I love his attitude...he fell on footwork and unraveled a bit, but you could see he was trying and his smile at the end shows that he has spunk and I feel certain he will only grow from this.

Gosh....so much going on in that program. I really love all the split jumps (don't know the different names), and spiral stuff and just great movement.

Bah... They didn't show Grant or Jonathan.

Really enjoyed Jason. Too bad about the couple of falls at the end, but what an innovative skater.

Custom Title
    Too much pressure on Jason Brown, especially by the commentators, and fans. Too bad, I thought he was even better than Adam Rippon until he started falling. :( I'd send him to Jr. Worlds again and see if he can improve upon his 7th place finish from last year. Same goes for Gracie Gold. Too much pressure, and this is the result.

Custom Title
    Ahhh, Jason, I thought he seemed a lot more nervous than usual, but the fall on footwork came out of nowhere -- either it was the adrenalin (excitement of competition at Nats) kind of sapping his energy, and then the first fall made him lose his focus. He is usually so rock solid.

Custom Title
    Love Jason and both of his programs. Too bad about the falls. Now that was uncharacteristic. Scott gets this one right unlike Agnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Jason brown! I love this kid. I think he's the future of US men's figure skating for sure...once he gets his jumps, P-Chiddy had better watch out.

What is this music, again? I know it, and it's driving me crazy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_B...gure_skater%29

Custom Title
    stilll...great score for Brown given what happened, so, this means at least 6thplace, right? Not bad at all.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast