Senior Men's Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Free Skate

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice solid skate by Douglas Razzano, just the doubled quad, and *finally* my sister likes a man's skater. I was silent and she surprised me by saying "whoa, he's good, that was really good". :cool:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Douglas Razzano, can't spell it without zz. He's competent at what he does, and yet I am so terminally bored by his performance.

Listening to Scott comment on Jason and Douglas, it occurs to me that his enthusiasm is ideal for Nationals, because his U.S. boosterism isn't an issue, and he's as excited and detailed when talking about some kid who might never get to the podium as he is when discussing our best skaters.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Haha...I should keep my mouth shut. ;) I was telling my brother (who does not watch FS) how good Jason was, and then he fell three times. ;) You know, I'm not too worried. Better here and now (when he wasn't going to medal anyway), and it's such a learning experience. If he's still doing this in a few years, then I'll worry, but not now.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have a feeling that Jason brown will be like Adam Rippon. No quad and inconsistant 3 axel.

You do realize that Patrick Chan struggled with his 3 sxel and didn't have a quad until he was about 20. Let Jason develop at his own pace.

ks777

Record Breaker
You do realize that Patrick Chan struggled with his 3 sxel and didn't have a quad until he was about 20. Let Jason develop at his own pace.

I just said I have a feeling.. that's all. is that ok if I express my feelings here?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice solid skate by Stephen, just that singled jump, otherwise pretty good. :) Lol and my sister leaves the room halfway through to do something. :D

Art&Sport

Medalist
Feelings, based on what, ks777? Have you seen every performance that Jason has skated this season on the Jr. GP circuit? Jason has skated lights out all season long. Have you been closely following Jason's career as well as Adam's career? Do you have insider information? Are you basing this simply on the fact that Jason, as a young skater who is only 17, doesn't yet compete with a 3-axel or a quad? Lots of great skaters don't develop these jumps at that age, and in fact that might be a good thing, IMO. Learning how to skate well first should be the priority. Believe me, Jason has the time and the talent to develop the bigger jumps that will make him more competitive. Just b/c he made a few mistakes late in his fp, you have a "feeling." Again, what is your "feeling" based on. It is one thing to say you don't like his skating, but to state you have a "feeling" JB won't develop a 3-axel or a quad -- I mean, how can you have "a feeling" about that. It is simply a biased presumption -- again, based on what exactly???

Last edited:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Stephen Carriere needs to fix his posture badly. He looks so droopy. Can't see myself enjoying his performance even if he fixes that.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
let's go final group! I just remembered what a masterpiece Jeremey's SP is this year. Only he could put out that SP and that free skate in the same year. such detail and quality. truly one of the top 2-3 skaters in the world with Chan and Taka.

lavender

Record Breaker
I turned the channel on Stephen...sorry.

ks777, it's okay to have your feelings. :) It's your own. I get it although I don't feel the same. I think Jason can do a Patrick.

Stephen Carriere has a lot of quality in there! I'm sure his goofs are largely due to the time away from the ice, but look at how he singled the first jump in his combination and still was able to stick a double onto the end of it. That guy has drive! I'm instantly in his camp. I also love the way his music was constructed. It uses some of the more forceful extracts from Tchaikovsky's score: it's definitely a guy's Swan Lake. (Even though Odile's Black Swan music is in there, it's so energetic--those 32 fouettes have a lot of musical zing.)

I'm pleased to see Carriere back on the scene.

Ach - a shame about Jason's second half but the first half was pure beauty and my confidence in his future is unshaken.

Razzano bored me too. I was impressed by Carriere and thought Scott got it right, he's twice the skater he was. It's a really nice program, he gets to "be" the different characters in Swan Lake. The footwork section to the male variation is the only part I don't like. He's so much faster and more intense than before.

Go, Jeremy and Adam!!!!!