Senior Men's Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Free Skate

ks777

Record Breaker
Feelings, based on what, though? Have you seen every performance that Jason has skated this season on the Jr. GP circuit? Jason has skated lights out all season long. Have you been closely following Jason's career as well as Adam's career? Do you have insider information? Are you basing this simply on the fact that Jason, as a young skater who is only 17, doesn't yet compete with a 3-axel or a quad. Believe me, he has the time and the talent. Just b/c he made a few mistakes late in his fp, you have a "feeling." Again, what is your "feeling" based on. It is one thing to say you don't like his skating, but to state you have a "feeling" JB won't develop a 3-axel or a quad -- I mean, how can you have "a feeling" about that. It is simply a biased presumption -- again, based on what exactly???

dude, you need to chill. If you can't handle what other people have to say, you shouldn't maybe come to a forum where people might not agree with you all the time??

Serious Business

Record Breaker
ks777 is just expressing a perfectly valid opinion. I'm a huge Jason Brown fan but it wouldn't be realistic of me to say that he will absolutely get a 3axel/quad. The proof is in the doing. The Phil Hersh article said the three axel wasn't happening for Jason no matter how much he tried in practice. Maybe it won't. I'll still be a fan and enjoy his skating, though unfortunately there'll likely be less of it to see in that case.

On the other hand, Jason has vastly superior basic technique to most skaters, including Adam Rippon. He's picked up so many difficult and innovative moves in skating already. I remain hopeful he'll pick this up, too.

ks777

Record Breaker
I turned the channel on Stephen...sorry.

ks777, it's okay to have your feelings. :) It's your own. I get it although I don't feel the same. I think Jason can do a Patrick.

Yes, exactly! I can't force what everyone think...

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ahh, what a joy it is to see Jeremy just flowing & stroking out there, he really is in a class by himself, just gorgeous....

Art&Sport

Medalist
I turned the channel on Stephen...sorry.

ks777, it's okay to have your feelings. :) It's your own. I get it although I don't feel the same. I think Jason can do a Patrick.

I think Jason can do much better than a Patrick, actually. Jason already has a much better feel for the music than Patrick, and better skills artistically than Patrick, and that's more than just my feeling.

emma

Record Breaker
ouch...that fall on the quad sal must have hurt bad. Max looks a bit shaken up (hugs to Nadine, hopoe you are ok)

ks777

Record Breaker
I think Jason can do much better than a Patrick, actually. Jason already has a much better feel for the music than Patrick, and better skills artistically than Patrick, and that's more than just my feeling.

well, that's up to the judges to decide. I personally think Takahashi is much more artistic than Patrick but the judges don't agree with me so..

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
You do realize that Patrick Chan struggled with his 3 sxel and didn't have a quad until he was about 20. Let Jason develop at his own pace.

You do realize that Patrick had excellent 3A and won two Worlds Silver before 20 and became a record smashing World Champion with multiple quads by 20.

Jason needs to compete with 15 year old Han Yan (who was very sick at JGPF) and even 14 year old Boyang Jin, both of whom already have 3As and quads and wonderful skating skills. Of course 17 year old Hanyu of Japan is waiting for them at the Senior rank.

Art&Sport

Medalist
ks777 is just expressing a perfectly valid opinion. I'm a huge Jason Brown fan but it wouldn't be realistic of me to say that he will absolutely get a 3axel/quad. The proof is in the doing. The Phil Hersh article said the three axel wasn't happening for Jason no matter how much he tried in practice. Maybe it won't. I'll still be a fan and enjoy his skating, though unfortunately there'll likely be less of it to see in that case.

On the other hand, Jason has vastly superior basic technique to most skaters, including Adam Rippon. He's picked up so many difficult and innovative moves in skating already. I remain hopeful he'll pick this up, too.

To state that anyone "will never" is vastly presumptious, in my opinion. OTOH, to say "I think Jason might have trouble developing a quad or a 3-axel, if he doesn't have one now." Well, that's a fan opinion. But to talk about having "a feeling" -- what, why, how? I think if someone states they have "a feeling" such as that a young skater "will never" that is not "valid" unless they can back it up. It is perfectly valid to ask ks777 what his/her "feeling" is based on.

I agree with you SeriousBusiness that I am "hopeful" Jason will develop both difficult jumps. And I don't claim to know for sure either way, much less have a definitive "feeling."

Nadine

Record Breaker
Poor Max, but with him I just feel he's going to come back stronger every year, his whole family is into skating and they're all doing exceptionally well, so he has a lot of support. :cool:

On a sad note, my sister just doesn't like skating, isn't watching any more, I did appreciate those ones that she deigned to watch though, lol. :D

ks777

Record Breaker
To state that anyone "will never" is vastly presumptious, in my opinion. OTOH, to say "I think Jason might have trouble developing a quad or a 3-axel, if he doesn't have one now." Well, that's a fan opinion. But to talk about having "a feeling" -- what, why, how? I think if someone states they have "a feeling" such as that a young skater "will never" that is not "valid" unless they can back it up. It is perfectly valid to ask ks777 what his/her "feeling" is based on.

Based on the fact that he doesn't have a 3 axel nor a quad at the age of 17?

emma

Record Breaker
I have no idea if Jason will get the 3 axel or not or a quad or not; I think the Hersh article gave the impression that jason was struggling with the 3 axel and that he was quoted or it implied he said (I forget which) that he was frustrated with it. That said, he is an excellent skater and only he, his team, and close observers really know what is going on.

He was amazing at junior GPF and I'm already looking forward to what he brings next year because he is such an interesting skater and performer.

Ok...go Ross!

Nadine

Record Breaker
My joy & excitement has evaporated with the whole competition now; my sister doesn't mean to offend but her apathy has affected me now. Here's hoping the last ones do great, especially Jeremy Abbott. :love:

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I haven't really seem much of Ross Miner, and I thought it was Jeremy Abbott

They do look a little bit alike. Glad I'm not the only one who thought so! I didn't remember the skating order and I've been in and out, and I thought it was Abbott for a moment, too.

Well, they did in that moment, look alike. Not so much in the K&C.