Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's Free Skate

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Douglas Razzano, can't spell it without zz. He's competent at what he does, and yet I am so terminally bored by his performance.
    I have to admit that I was too.

Custom Title
    Nice solid skate by Stephen, just that singled jump, otherwise pretty good. Lol and my sister leaves the room halfway through to do something. :D

Custom Title
    Feelings, based on what, ks777? Have you seen every performance that Jason has skated this season on the Jr. GP circuit? Jason has skated lights out all season long. Have you been closely following Jason's career as well as Adam's career? Do you have insider information? Are you basing this simply on the fact that Jason, as a young skater who is only 17, doesn't yet compete with a 3-axel or a quad? Lots of great skaters don't develop these jumps at that age, and in fact that might be a good thing, IMO. Learning how to skate well first should be the priority. Believe me, Jason has the time and the talent to develop the bigger jumps that will make him more competitive. Just b/c he made a few mistakes late in his fp, you have a "feeling." Again, what is your "feeling" based on. It is one thing to say you don't like his skating, but to state you have a "feeling" JB won't develop a 3-axel or a quad -- I mean, how can you have "a feeling" about that. It is simply a biased presumption -- again, based on what exactly???
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 01-29-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Stephen Carriere needs to fix his posture badly. He looks so droopy. Can't see myself enjoying his performance even if he fixes that.

Custom Title
    Second place, good for him, but here come the final 6!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSS!!!!!!!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    let's go final group! I just remembered what a masterpiece Jeremey's SP is this year. Only he could put out that SP and that free skate in the same year. such detail and quality. truly one of the top 2-3 skaters in the world with Chan and Taka.

Custom Title
    I turned the channel on Stephen...sorry.

ks777, it's okay to have your feelings. It's your own. I get it although I don't feel the same. I think Jason can do a Patrick.

Custom Title
    Tiny, do you mean Takahashi or Takahiko?

Custom Title
    Stephen Carriere has a lot of quality in there! I'm sure his goofs are largely due to the time away from the ice, but look at how he singled the first jump in his combination and still was able to stick a double onto the end of it. That guy has drive! I'm instantly in his camp. I also love the way his music was constructed. It uses some of the more forceful extracts from Tchaikovsky's score: it's definitely a guy's Swan Lake. (Even though Odile's Black Swan music is in there, it's so energetic--those 32 fouettes have a lot of musical zing.)

I'm pleased to see Carriere back on the scene.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Ach - a shame about Jason's second half but the first half was pure beauty and my confidence in his future is unshaken.

Razzano bored me too. I was impressed by Carriere and thought Scott got it right, he's twice the skater he was. It's a really nice program, he gets to "be" the different characters in Swan Lake. The footwork section to the male variation is the only part I don't like. He's so much faster and more intense than before.

Go, Jeremy and Adam!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Feelings, based on what, though? Have you seen every performance that Jason has skated this season on the Jr. GP circuit? Jason has skated lights out all season long. Have you been closely following Jason's career as well as Adam's career? Do you have insider information? Are you basing this simply on the fact that Jason, as a young skater who is only 17, doesn't yet compete with a 3-axel or a quad. Believe me, he has the time and the talent. Just b/c he made a few mistakes late in his fp, you have a "feeling." Again, what is your "feeling" based on. It is one thing to say you don't like his skating, but to state you have a "feeling" JB won't develop a 3-axel or a quad -- I mean, how can you have "a feeling" about that. It is simply a biased presumption -- again, based on what exactly???
    dude, you need to chill. If you can't handle what other people have to say, you shouldn't maybe come to a forum where people might not agree with you all the time??

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    ks777 is just expressing a perfectly valid opinion. I'm a huge Jason Brown fan but it wouldn't be realistic of me to say that he will absolutely get a 3axel/quad. The proof is in the doing. The Phil Hersh article said the three axel wasn't happening for Jason no matter how much he tried in practice. Maybe it won't. I'll still be a fan and enjoy his skating, though unfortunately there'll likely be less of it to see in that case.

On the other hand, Jason has vastly superior basic technique to most skaters, including Adam Rippon. He's picked up so many difficult and innovative moves in skating already. I remain hopeful he'll pick this up, too.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post

ks777, it's okay to have your feelings. It's your own. I get it although I don't feel the same. I think Jason can do a Patrick.
    Yes, exactly! I can't force what everyone think...
    Last edited by ks777; 01-29-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Custom Title
    Ahh, what a joy it is to see Jeremy just flowing & stroking out there, he really is in a class by himself, just gorgeous....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post

I think Jason can do much better than a Patrick, actually. Jason already has a much better feel for the music than Patrick, and better skills artistically than Patrick, and that's more than just my feeling.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast