Senior Men's Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's Free Skate

Frankly, these singles events are splatfests.

Ross Miner made his case. I like his deep knees. He's not exciting, though.

These long 1-footed fw sections are boring me to tears.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Based on the fact that he doesn't have a 3 axel nor a quad at the age of 17?

It's a perfectly valid and educated guess IMO. I'm personally more optimistic but that's me.

Ross Miner had a somewhat tight skate. He's so classy, but alas, this has not been his season (although at least he didn't have a total meltdown at nationals like Dornbush, his podium-mate from last season).

emma

Record Breaker
Miner's program didn't grab me...but I too appreciate the deep knees; he also has great carriage and flow, nice edging; he appears calm and confident. Good job!

emma

Record Breaker
i hate to say it, but the guys are really struggling today (or at least the ones I've seen).

ETA Keegan has good fight.

And...I wonder how Weir is narrating all of this!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Popped over to NBC from watching the NHL All-Star Game just in time to see Keegan.

That Russian Split jump...wow.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice program by Keegan, he's a showman for sure, and I think Scott will easily hire him for SOI (from one showman to another). :)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
It almost seemed like Keegan gave up on the program, but that Russian split into a 3flip as the second to last element in his program was very strong and should leave a good last impression with the judges.

lavender

Record Breaker
Yeah you have to be a fan in general right now to stick this out. No one wants to continue watching with me.:)

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Really rough SP, ended up with just under 52 points (in 17th place out of 20)

Thanks. How awful for him! I feel bad that happened. I would have never thought he'd have that rough of a go.

Keegan ever so slightly reminded me of Michael Weiss.

Art&Sport

Medalist
It's a perfectly valid and educated guess IMO...

:unsure: I doubt "educated" is the right word, unless ks777 has vast experience as a coach, and/ or as a competitive figure skater, or substantial experience as a coach, a competitive skater, and a judge. Seriously.

Anyways, hope the rest of the men, rock it tonight.

CassAgain

On the Ice
If Armin's stripes were a few feet higher it would be a great costume for a skating tribute to the late Chief Justice Rehnquist.

Johar

Medalist
Who was that that just skated? Black costume with yellow stripes on the bottom of his pants leg.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice skate by Armin (glad he went for the quad), and my sister surprised me when she said out of the blue "his style is so different from the other one that went before him", and I say "how so", and she replied "he's more fluid, lyrical"; the other guy was more like like "rrr rrr" and she makes these body building motions. Lol, she's learning. ;)