Michelle | Golden Skate

Michelle

Jo1

Rinkside
Does anyone have a link to the ceremony of Michell's induction into the Hall of Fame? I'd appreciate it very much.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
its not on youtube, but I hope that
NBC will show it during next Saturday's gala skate. It will eventually someday get to youtube, i hope.

christinaskater

Medalist
Congratulations to the greatest figure skater ever in my opinion, Michelle Kwan! You are the ultimate champion and one of the greatest inspirations in my life.
There has been a huge void in the sport ever since you left, but I will forever remember all the wonderful moments you have shared with us. Thank you for bringing us in your journey of emotions and in life. I have had the honor of seeing your brilliance in person and all I can say is I have been blessed to have witnessed one of the greatest athletes ever. I love you Michelle and I always will!

Thank you so much for posting this! I feel as if I were present. What a lovely ceremony. The film montage was hysterical--it really shows how much of a household word she was. Both Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, and even Jerry Maguire and The Simpsons! How lovely of her to thank Frank Carroll and Lori Nichol, and how wonderful that she thanked us, her fans.

On and off the ice, Michelle has brought honor to the sport. She combines all the gifts of a great athlete, including good sportsmanship and graciousness in victory and in her rare defeats. Now she will use those gifts to live a useful life in the larger world. I feel privileged to be a fan of hers.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Oh love the hilarious montage! US is so lucky to have you Michelle! Really, you belong to the world all over.

Heroine on ice!!! Living Legend!!! Asian Sista #1!!! International Treasure!!!

You inspired millions generation over. I love how you pursue the ongoing edification beyond skating and look forward to see your progress in the realms of sport diplomacy. Big thumbs up from London - UK and another Chinese Sista! :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for posting the link. Wonderful tribute to Michelle and loved her speech.

Thank you Michelle for your wonderful skating and heart over the years. Great memories that
I certainly will treasure for a long, long time. :bow:

Jo1

Rinkside
Thank you Thank you Thank you Legalgirl82 I loved it and I will always love her!. NBC didn't have the brains to to show it at Nationals. what jerks they ARE!!! Thank you Michelle for all the wonderful years you have given everybody. I truly miss you and will always remember the beauty of your skating. Much much congratulations to you

Thanks again.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
the kwan thing-movie came before mk, but interesting yes? i said that before, and there they put Jerry and Cuba in clips. very nice- thanks for finding this!

Time line.

1961. Screenwriter-director Cameron Crowe conceives the idea of a movie about a sports agent after seeing a picture of an athlete and his agent in the newspapers. (true). He works on the screenplay off and on, but it does''t go anywhere.

March 24, 1996. Michelle Kwan wins her first World Championship. (true) Crowe is suddenly struck with inspiration. He rushes the movie into production.

December 13, 1996. jerry McGuire is released, with its famous line. (true).

:)