Dance Moms | Golden Skate

Dance Moms

Johar

Medalist
I started watching last season. Do you think Brooke was wrong to quit dancing so she could tryout for cheerleading? Someone said she was supposed to attend dance class until a certain period of time passed, like a contract.

Those moms are looney!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veumJ8a8NOg

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Johar, the show just keeps getting crazier!!!

I think next week, Brooke asks to come back.

Johar

Medalist
Abbey should say "no" to her because she was under the contract to dance for a certain period of time. Brooke is only 13 and could've waited until 9th grade to cheer.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Abbey should say "no" to her because she was under the contract to dance for a certain period of time. Brooke is only 13 and could've waited until 9th grade to cheer.

I agree that Abbey should say no. Brooke needs to learn a lesson in committment and being responsible.

Johar

Medalist
I was shocked at the new girl (the one who is much taller than the rest of the girls) showing some attitude and ego. Her mom was much worse.

Did you see last season when Abbey called the cops on an out of control parent who was also a preacher?

roemerr

Rinkside
So I'm not the only one watching this show. I ask myself why every time I see it. I want to cry for all the kids in this horrible environment. I wish the editors would show some of the redeeming qualities of that coach (other than her ability to win).

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you think this is bad, have you watched Toddlers & Tiaras???

Johar

Medalist
I watched a few minutes. All that makeup and emphasis on physical beauty sickens me. In dance it's about the dancing and body lines.

heyang

Record Breaker
I've caught a few episodes and I don't understand why I enjoy watching - however, not enough to become a regular viewer.

On the other hand, one my co-workers recently became hooked on this show.... she has a 7 yr old daughter and her watch one episode with her. Daughter's reaction 'Mommy, that woman is scary.'

Johar

Medalist
For next week they showed Abbey crying as she stated that it was the biggest humiliation of her career. I'm curious to know what happened.
SPOILER
someone on the DM board said Maddie didn't even place in her solo at that prestegious event they were invited to attend. This may or may not be what happened. AND they finished 10th in a group number, while Candy Apples finished 9th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANBxKPSjXiE&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
I've only watch portions of one or two shows. What bewilders me is that the moms have to sit there through the whole class. No wonder they go a little squirrelly. So a girl can't study dance if her mother has a job? I don't understand the whole structure of this endeavor.