Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: entries

Custom Title

entries

The American entries are posted.

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=47717&type=media

It was interesting to hear about Alissa not being offered a spot.

Custom Title
    I'm always amazed at how soon after Nationals this competition is. It's next week! That's crazy! I hope the US skaters will be able to manage these back-to-back competitions, especially since Nationals is so particularly emotional and stressful. Why doesn't the USFSA have them a week earlier? Is it because it would overlap with the Canadian Nats?

Custom Title
    Better to overlap with Can Nat'l then to overlap with Euro's like they did this year. I suppose the fact is in the US makes it easier, but it does seem like more time for US skaters to regroup would be good. Should be an excellent competition - especially in Men's and Dance. Podiums here could be the same as for Worlds.

Custom Title
    I think they've overlapped with Euros I think for as long as I've been watching the sport (since 2007). Very busy couple of days for us fans This year it's true that there is no major travel and jet lag involved for the US skaters.

I haven't watched 4CC in years, but I'm excited about it this year! Hopefully the time difference won't prevent me from watching it all.

Custom Title
    The official entries list is online! http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011320.htm

Its still not on the ISU site.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFairy View Post
    The official entries list is online! http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011320.htm

Its still not on the ISU site.
    I miss Melissa Bulanhagui.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Some of the timing of us nationals is due to avoiding Christmas to new year's.I wonder whether some of the rest is avoiding football playoffs.

Custom Title
    I'm not sure, either. Maybe some of the people who work behind the scenes on Canadian Nationals are the same as those for US Nationals? Schedule conflicts?

Either way, I hope they're ready for the elevation change in Colorado Springs. It's 6,000+ feet above sea level, so their cardio training needs to be high. It will likely affect all of the skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Some of the timing of us nationals is due to avoiding Christmas to new year's.I wonder whether some of the rest is avoiding football playoffs.
    yes conflicting with football is the main reason why Nationals is the last weekend of January...that's the only way FS will get TV time...

Ivy, I agree with you, men's and dance has a very high chance of being worlds podium (or at least same top three)...women's also has a small chance, less likely, but the Euro ladies haven't been cutting it for me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post

Either way, I hope they're ready for the elevation change in Colorado Springs. It's 6,000+ feet above sea level, so their cardio training needs to be high. It will likely affect all of the skaters.
    I saw Ashley post on twitter/facebook that she was beginning altitude training after her two days off. I was like 'oh right... altitude... probably even worse than jet lag!'!

Custom Title
    Thailand has three ladies, Philippines two ladies and men and Brazil two men! Unfortunately no Argentina and India.

Custom Title
    It's a mini-Worlds! So excited for it!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 01-31-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Any insight on Armin M. (USA) was passed over for this? I was rather surprised (and so was he)

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    mostly it's to avoid the NFL playoffs. Nationals has always been the week between the Conference Championships and the Super Bowl except the one year that the NFL started a week late and didn't have the down week.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    I saw Ashley post on twitter/facebook that she was beginning altitude training after her two days off. I was like 'oh right... altitude... probably even worse than jet lag!'!
    and on that note...Patrick will definitely clobber the men's field even if he falls 4 times

(this is kind of meant as a joke as I enjoy watching Patrick and when he's on, he's GREAT...BUT I just don't get it when he falls (how JW feels)...nonetheless, I believe he can be beat (Jeremy thinks so too). So let's hope for a good and fair competition)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast