Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 56

Thread: entries

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    I know is not the topic, but I need help for to buy my tickets, in the page when I have the seats I don`t know what to do, I push checkout but Said me that chose delivery method and are not options, I dont speak english well, please heeelp!!!, thank you
    Chapis, I can't help you, but I thought I'd repeat your request to draw attention to it. Can anyone help Chapis negotiate through the purchasing process on the web page?

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,655
    I am disappointed that Kozuka will not be here. It's not just because he's one of the best, but also because he needs another international competition this season since he missed out on the GPF. He did not start out of the gate blazing this season, as few did, but combination of factors have also undermined his competition results. It's like he's put in cold storage after the breakthrough at last Worlds, by his federation and by fans, and is deprived of at least this opportunity to better his progress and his cred. Maybe he will turn it into an advantage and be better prepared for Worlds. Life and skating competitions can be unpredictable and downright strange.

  3. #33
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Chapis, I can't help you, but I thought I'd repeat your request to draw attention to it. Can anyone help Chapis negotiate through the purchasing process on the web page?
    I think Chapis needs to find someone who can negotiate the website and have the tickets held at "Will CAll". Another option would be to just buy them on site. Trust me. After attending nationals, skate americas,
    and the last Four continents, seats will not be a problem. Here is alittle story. Last 4 Conts at COS in 2007 after Nats in my home town, I decided to go. I called one week before the competition and got front row seats.
    Only I had to change seats every competition....big deal....At nats this year, you could have sat about anywhere you liked for all but two competitions.....for ladies long, you might have had to sit four to eight rows back.
    I checked the Omaha website after a "flurry" of ticket buying at this years Nats....pleanty of front row seats still available....will the other fan who goes to competitions please turn out the lights afterwords? Thanks....

  4. #34
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I do think we know for sure. One of her friends posted on twitter that she was not offered a spot and that his whole day was ruined because of it. Granted this is not quite the same as her saying it herself but I am of the impression it is 99% sure. There is a thread in The Edge about this.
    Thanks! There will be no Friends of Figure skating breakfast this year at 4 Conts so I cant ask the skaters if they know anything, but my spies buried deep in the bowels of USFSA will be there and I can see if I can get the party line at least....I will also ask my other spies.....

    Chris the Mole

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I am disappointed that Kozuka will not be here. It's not just because he's one of the best, but also because he needs another international competition this season since he missed out on the GPF. He did not start out of the gate blazing this season, as few did, but combination of factors have also undermined his competition results. It's like he's put in cold storage after the breakthrough at last Worlds, by his federation and by fans, and is deprived of at least this opportunity to better his progress and his cred. Maybe he will turn it into an advantage and be better prepared for Worlds. Life and skating competitions can be unpredictable and downright strange.
    I'm also disappointed that Kozuka, Hanyu, and Suzuki won't be there. I don't understand why the JSF didn't enter them, especially Akiko Suzuki. This year is Akiko's best chance yet for a World medal. At this point, she needs to build her reputation and resume heading into Worlds; a 4CC medal would have helped with that. Whereas what do they gain by sending Haruka Imai? Only more competition experience for Imai, which she got anyhow during the Grand Prix.

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    I'm also disappointed that Kozuka, Hanyu, and Suzuki won't be there. I don't understand why the JSF didn't enter them, especially Akiko Suzuki. This year is Akiko's best chance yet for a World medal. At this point, she needs to build her reputation and resume heading into Worlds; a 4CC medal would have helped with that. Whereas what do they gain by sending Haruka Imai? Only more competition experience for Imai, which she got anyhow during the Grand Prix.
    It's been relatively standard procedure in past years (except for the special, predetermined rules in the Olympic season) to send the medalists from Nationals to World's, and to send the 1st, 2nd, and 4th to 4CC. This makes sense when you have 4 elite skaters in both men's and ladies' divisions, but with both Ando taking the season off on the ladies' side and Oda taking nationals off on the mens', I agree that it doesn't make sense to send a skater that's substantially less likely to do well, especially on the men's side when they skipped both the silver and bronze medalists to send both Machida and Mura. Maybe they're giving some of these skaters experience at major championships to hedge for the risk of one of the top skaters retiring before Sochi?

    Edit: I think they went with 1st, 3rd, and 4th here and opted for Murakami over Suzuki deeming that Suzuki did well enough in the Grand Prix season (silver at the finals) to have enough of a reputation going into World's, whereas Murakami underperformed in the GP and could use a reputation boost. But, it peeves me that they didn't send Kozuka on the same logic, and went for 2 relative unknowns. (Especially mad at JSF because I have tickets and was looking forward to seeing Kozuka and Hanyu, expecting to see at least one of them.)
    Last edited by SerpentineSteps; 02-03-2012 at 10:25 AM.

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,045
    I can guess some reasons behind the JSF's decision. First of all, they have given "favors" to the US. Sending any of Suzuki, Kozuka, Hanyu will reduce the chances for the host country to win 4cc medals. Especially for Suzuki, they really don't want to treat her as the "favorite." If Suzuki wins the 4cc title or a world medal, they would have to treat Suzuki as a serious candidate for Sochi Olympics, which is something they want to avoid. Because if it happens, Murakami's olympic chance will be jeopodized. Given the possibility Miahara will surpass Murakami in 2 years. And always, their #1 favorite lady is Asada. They don't want Suzuki to beat Asada at worlds. Only for this season, Suzuki is NEEDED as a number player to secure 3 spots.
    Last edited by NMURA; 02-03-2012 at 11:05 AM.

  8. #38
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,655
    Strange about Alissa. I wonder about the reason.

  9. #39
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    I can guess some reasons behind the JSF's decision. First of all, they have given "favors" to the US. Sending any of Suzuki, Kozuka, Hanyu will reduce the chances for the host country to win 4cc medals. Especially for Suzuki, they really don't want to treat her as the "favorite." If Suzuki wins the 4cc title or a world medal, they would have to treat Suzuki as a serious candidate for Sochi Olympics, which is something they want to avoid. Because if it happens, Murakami's olympic chance will be jeopodized. Given the possibility Miahara will surpass Murakami in 2 years. And always, their #1 favorite lady is Asada. They don't want Suzuki to beat Asada at worlds. Only for this season, Suzuki is NEEDED as a number player to secure 3 spots.
    Are you sure? I'm sure the JSF would want to with Olympics gold in any scenario, even if it was Suzuki. I'm sure they would rather have Suzuki and Asada as contenders than JUST Asada.

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    Jeremy is out ---- ( On reading, that could be taken a couple of different ways. )

    Apparently he has a hip injury. Richard will replace him. The story is on IceNetwork.

  11. #41
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,169
    http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=47757&type=media

    I hope his injury is not to serious. Get well soon Jeremy.

    I feel bad for Armin but wish Ricky the best of luck.
    Last edited by demarinis5; 02-03-2012 at 08:26 PM.

  12. #42
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    3,070
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=47757&type=media

    I hope his injury is not to serious. Get well soon Jeremy.

    I feel bad for Armin but wish Ricky the best of luck.
    This. I hope he recovers quickly and certainly in time for Worlds.

  13. #43
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    59
    What's the point of naming Worlds and 4CC teams and alternates after Nationals if the USFSA is going to send who they really want anyway? lol Guess they don't really want Armin representing the USA.

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,655
    It's especially cruel not to send Armin when Mao will be there.

  15. #45
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    It's especially cruel not to send Armin when Mao will be there.
    What does Armin have to do with Mao? Are they dating?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •