Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: entries

Custom Title
    Yes, because Chan is the only skater to score higher PCS for a skate with multiple falls than a clean one.

Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    Any insight on Armin M. (USA) was passed over for this? I was rather surprised (and so was he)
    Well, he's listed as a sub. The top three: Jeremy, Adam and Ross are of course going. He was 4th.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Yes, because Chan is the only skater to score higher PCS for a skate with multiple falls than a clean one.
    Takahashi's PCS with 3 falls was ~9 points over a clean Hanyu's winning LP, and was ~5 points over Kozuka with 1 fall. These are two of the top Men in the world. He consistently scored higher PCS with falls over clean rivals in last season's GP though sometimes not enough to win.

eta. This is to call out the inaccuracy of your statement. Imagine, ImaginaryPogue being inaccurate. It's not to knock Takahashi. I love the high PCS skaters as I have stated repeatedly. They make the sport enjoyable and programs memorable.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 01-31-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Takahashi's PCS with 3 falls was ~9 points over a clean Hanyu's winning LP, and was ~5 points over Kozuka with 1 fall. These are two of the top Men in the world. He consistently scored higher PCS with falls over clean rivals in last season's GP though sometimes not enough to win.

eta. This is to call out the inaccuracy of your statement. Imagine, ImaginaryPogue being inaccurate. It's not to knock Takahashi. I love the high PCS skaters as I have stated repeatedly. They make the sport enjoyable and programs memorable.
    I was being sarcastic. It seems that everyone truly truly believes that Chan is the only one who's PCS stay at the level they are at regardless of skate cleanliness, and that's emphatically not true. It's just frustrating. It's like being told black is white over and over again, and then being stampeded by zebras.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I was being sarcastic. It seems that everyone truly truly believes that Chan is the only one who's PCS stay at the level they are at regardless of skate cleanliness, and that's emphatically not true. It's just frustrating. It's like being told black is white over and over again, and then being stampeded by zebras.
    They would be too happy to take your sarcasm at face value. See, even ImaginaryPogue agrees that black is white! Welcome to the dark side!

Custom Title
    I still don't know what they will do with Rachael's mural.

http://m.gazette.com/sports/flatt-13...nts.html?pic=1

http://mayorstevebach.com/2011/12/27...championships/

From the text and video clip, it almost sounds like it didn't matter if Rachael competes or not. Maybe they will just leave it up.

I always worry about the skaters who will be dealing with jet lag plus altitude issues.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    The American entries are posted.

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=47717&type=media

It was interesting to hear about Alissa not being offered a spot.
    Could it be that Alissa turned the spot down? Last year, 4 continents didn't go so well for her and it does come so close to nationals...

Caroline is going to 4CC! Yey!! So nice that the season isn't over for her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    I always worry about the skaters who will be dealing with jet lag plus altitude issues.
    They all should try to get there as soon as they could. The USFSA offered the site so they should help their skaters get acclimatized.

I wonder if skating rinks could simulate high altitude by reducing the oxygen content in the air. It doesn't require advanced science. Or athletes can do off ice training in a small oxygen reduced room, the opposite of getting quick healing in a hyperbaric chamber.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 02-01-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeauty View Post
    and on that note...Patrick will definitely clobber the men's field even if he falls 4 times

(this is kind of meant as a joke as I enjoy watching Patrick and when he's on, he's GREAT...BUT I just don't get it when he falls (how JW feels)...nonetheless, I believe he can be beat (Jeremy thinks so too). So let's hope for a good and fair competition)
    It may be funny to you. But the constant exaggeration of Chan's falls spreading all over the threads on this forum is getting tiresome and pathetic.

I know is not the topic, but I need help for to buy my tickets, in the page when I have the seats I don`t know what to do, I push checkout but Said me that chose delivery method and are not options, I dont speak english well, please heeelp!!!, thank you

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    It may be funny to you. But the constant exaggeration of Chan's falls spreading all over the threads on this forum is getting tiresome and pathetic.
    I so agree - tiresome! (I can't believe there's not a yawning smiley )

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Could it be that Alissa turned the spot down? Last year, 4 continents didn't go so well for her and it does come so close to nationals...

Caroline is going to 4CC! Yey!! So nice that the season isn't over for her.
    she wasn't offered the spot, i'm not sure why.

macy, do we know that for sure? I don't doubt it, but perhaps she asked to not be considered. At the Greensboro airport last year, I talked with her a bit and I have to wonder if she wants to keep from being exausted at worlds. I know she was tired after nats last year, and look how far she had to go and come back. The media says she reports to be 100 percent healthy. But I can tell you after being at Nats for ten days this year I feel like I was a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. I am sure it is tiring for athletes but of course in different ways than it is for us fans....except that for us all there is much stimulation and excitiment.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    macy, do we know that for sure? I don't doubt it, but perhaps she asked to not be considered. At the Greensboro airport last year, I talked with her a bit and I have to wonder if she wants to keep from being exausted at worlds. I know she was tired after nats last year, and look how far she had to go and come back. The media says she reports to be 100 percent healthy. But I can tell you after being at Nats for ten days this year I feel like I was a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. I am sure it is tiring for athletes but of course in different ways than it is for us fans....except that for us all there is much stimulation and excitiment.
    I do think we know for sure. One of her friends posted on twitter that she was not offered a spot and that his whole day was ruined because of it. Granted this is not quite the same as her saying it herself but I am of the impression it is 99% sure. There is a thread in The Edge about this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast