Icenetwork has added live coverage of 4cc's and Worlds | Golden Skate

Icenetwork has added live coverage of 4cc's and Worlds

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
you have to pay them about 6$ more, but they will be having live streaming, and later on demand coverage.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's a ripoff simple as that. As if they didn't plan on showing 4CC and Worlds all along. Why not just include it in the package back in October and have us pay for it then. Instead they add it now and make us pay more.

ivy

On the Ice
I'm so torn - would love to watch 4cc and there won't be any other way I'm assuming. But IN barely works for me, stalls more then it plays, takes me 2 hours to watch a 1 hour event. Uni sports works fine, Netflix on demand fine, Pandora fine, YouTube fine, Ice Network NOT fine :(

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I'm so torn - would love to watch 4cc and there won't be any other way I'm assuming. But IN barely works for me, stalls more then it plays, takes me 2 hours to watch a 1 hour event. Uni sports works fine, Netflix on demand fine, Pandora fine, YouTube fine, Ice Network NOT fine :(

Same here I dont know why other folks have no trouble at all. Uni sports on line has coverage for 4CC for $9.95. I signed up.

icebeauty

On the Ice
I'm relieved that IN is going to stream 4CC and Worlds ($11.95), better the the universal sports package if you want both (although Universal sometimes has better quality)...currently not a subscriber for the full season due to financial constraints...
would have loved to get nationals separately too (i hope IN considers this for next year)
I've never had a problem with IN and I have a mac so sometimes I'm not sure why others have difficulty...

macy

Record Breaker
Next they will charge you another $50 to show you the event before it happens.

LOL right?! subscribers (myself) already pay 40 bucks for the season, and now they want to charge us more...like seriously? it should be included in the sign up price. now next year it'll probably be 50 for an all season pass (if they add worlds and 4cc to it). :disapp:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The funny thing about IN is that it works really well on my husband's Kindle Fire. The whole thing is run by Major League Baseball, and I wonder whether Droid and Iphone aren't really its native languages.

For those having problems, you need:
latest version of Flashplayer
latest version of Java
a pretty good WiFi connection. IN is in reasonably Hi Def.

With XP, you may want to turn hardware acceleration off in Flash player, from the Flashplayer Settings (right click on the IN screen)

Also check your display settings. The thing runs best with a very rectangular (not nearly square) screen with an aspect ratio of about 1.66 (like a Kindle Fire or other tablet) (on the Fire or any other Droid operating system, make sure you have checked Javascript and Flash Player enabled in your settings).

This year, other than some minor annoyances, it has been running very well for me, but Comcast is doing better here than it was doing last year for me. And I bought my own modem, finally.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^Thanks for the info Doris. All of my trouble started with IN when I purchased my new computer last year and that is why I did not subscribe this season.
IN ran super for me on my old computer. I will try your suggestions.

ivy

On the Ice
Same here I dont know why other folks have no trouble at all. Uni sports on line has coverage for 4CC for $9.95. I signed up.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! And it's not just the live streaming - I don't even try that - it's the replay that doesn't work too

Thanks for the info on Uni sports to you and others!!!

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
Universal Sports is streaming 4CC live also for $9.95.

I do thank you for that information. That is actually less than what I would pay for a 30-day pass on one VPN company's Canadian servers to get past geoblocking and watch on in CBC Bold, SkateBuzz, or whomever might have Canadian rights. I usually pay $15 for a 30 day pass on this one company's Canadian VPN server.

I wonder if Universal will do Nationals next season. That would be great if they did that.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Of course, it might be because US is streaming it too that IN is charging extra; they did that for Worlds last year too, remember; it may be something US insists on, so they don't lose customers.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm definitely going to be watching live on IN, and $6 is peanuts compared to going to the Olympics. :D

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I was wondering what it cost to get tickets for say, the ladies sp and lp at the sochi olympics (in american dollars). I can dream...

verte76

On the Ice
I'm having trouble with icenetwork. It's charging me fot a membership that I already have, and I don't like it at all.

verte76

On the Ice
Icenetwork is a rip-off! I'm still looking for videos of theladies's ceremony at Four Continents!