Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Caroline Zhang - Can She Regain Her Spot Among The Top US Ladies?

Custom Title
    In answer to the question posed in the title: Y-E-S, she just proved it in heroic style by capturing the bronze medal at 4CC with two exquisite programs; one highlighted by a FAB 3R/3R combo., the only ONE in the world doing it today.

Wow, I am very happy to hear Caroline skated so well, doing the hardst 3x3 of any current lady, I believe on the circuit today. I looked for her sp, but did not find on Youtube. The LP feed I had from Canada was so small, I could not figure out how to expand...tried what fe buttons, anyway, I am watching movies, listening to coverage re Whitney and looking at you tube vids that are available. Have seen Patricks wonderful SP, Daisukes's Mao's lovely offering, and Ashley's great Sp. Just a two foot on the triple combo, but skated with verve and passion. I just loved her SP as usual. I guess I will read the comp folder to see who won the events.

Go Caroline! A shame she can't skate in Worlds.

Congratulations Caroline your hard work and determination has paid off!

Down With It
    Yes, congrats to Zhang on that bronze medal- again, proving she's on her way back. Her score would have been competitive at Worlds too, mid-top 10 range. Man, I feel they should make her the first alternate now over Zawadzki....(likely too late for that though)

Banned
    It is great to see Caroline's comeback but next year will be a bloodbath for the U.S women, probably the toughest battle in many years. With Wagner, Czisny, Gold, Zhang, Agnes, possibly Nagasu and Gao all in the hunt for 3 (or 2 but I expect 3) spots to Worlds it will take a huge effort for Caroline, but not impossible seeing the strides she made this season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Wow, I am very happy to hear Caroline skated so well, doing the hardst 3x3 of any current lady, I believe on the circuit today. I looked for her sp, but did not find on Youtube. The LP feed I had from Canada was so small, I could not figure out how to expand...tried what fe buttons, anyway, I am watching movies, listening to coverage re Whitney and looking at you tube vids that are available. Have seen Patricks wonderful SP, Daisukes's Mao's lovely offering, and Ashley's great Sp. Just a two foot on the triple combo, but skated with verve and passion. I just loved her SP as usual. I guess I will read the comp folder to see who won the events.

Go Caroline! A shame she can't skate in Worlds.
    Caroline's SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKREKXr3Jmg

Down With It
    Umm, I know Wagner won and everything, but let's not get excited yet for the 3 spots. I keep flashing back to 2010, how it was a sure shot that Flatt & Nagasu would do it and look what happened...

Tripping on the Podium frauregina's Avatar
    Woohoo! I'm really in cloud nine right now after Caroline's spectacular showing in 4CC.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by frauregina View Post
    Woohoo! I'm really in cloud nine right now after Caroline's spectacular showing in 4CC.
    Yes, it's just WOW... no better word to describe it. That said, I did notice her huge PCS gap with the ladies ahead of her. But that's discussion for another day.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Umm, I know Wagner won and everything, but let's not get excited yet for the 3 spots. I keep flashing back to 2010, how it was a sure shot that Flatt & Nagasu would do it and look what happened...
    I never thought that at the time. Nagasu almost never skates as well as she did at the 2010 Olympics, and Flatt skated her best at those Olympics and came 7th. Even with Rochette out of Worlds I thought it was on the bubble for 3 spots.

Custom Title
    For some reason I have a good feeling about Ashley doing her part to get back our 3 spots. She really doesn't hold back. She attacks the jumps but also stays in character. That spiral in the LP is growing on me as well; I like that she tries to do something interesting with her arms in the spiral since they all kind of look the same otherwise.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Yes, congrats to Zhang on that bronze medal- again, proving she's on her way back. Her score would have been competitive at Worlds too, mid-top 10 range. Man, I feel they should make her the first alternate now over Zawadzki....(likely too late for that though)
    It's so confounding how limited spots are at Worlds in this sport. Needs to be changed, needs to be changed, needs to be changed.

Zhang should be making her second trip to Worlds this year. She deserved to be 3rd at Nationals and, as in 2009, it's ridiculous how the USA only has 2 spots and how a skater who has performed so well at a BIG international event is not allowed to actually compete at Worlds.

Custom Title
    I am so happy for Caroline. She has really made a comeback. I hope she can make it to Worlds next year.

Custom Title
    Man, need a parade to go with that rain?

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Man, need a parade to go with that rain?
    ^ That's our R.D.! That's why we like him so much.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast