Eman | Golden Skate

Eman

kappa_1

On the Ice
Now that GPF has aired I jus wanna say congrats to Sandhu for winning his first GPF! I never predicted him to win because of all his consistency problems in the past etc. I appreciate his style, flair and overall presentation he's just so refreshing to watch everytime. He looks like he's straight out of Madonna's "VOgue" video; every time I see him skate it's like I keep waiting for him to start vogueing lol.

I have two questions about Sandhu maybe someone can help me out:
1) Did he invent that spin, the one where he grabs his ankles and leans forward so his head is down to the ice ?(couldn't find pic).

I read somewhere that he said he invented it( dunno if that was true), but I know Nathalie Krieg used to do that spin 10 years ago ( I specifically saw it at '94 Olys). It still could be possible for him to have invented it before that so someone help me out.

2) Will Sandhu win the award for the widest variety of musuc cuts in an LP this season?

Again, Congrats to Emmanuel and Fumie on winning their 1st GPF!

Kasey

Medalist
Not sure if someone else has done that spin before...but to me, it looks like a single skater's version of the Artur Dmietriev/Natalia Miskuchenuk (I know, it's misspelled!) pairs spin. Very cool!!!

Kasey

CassidyL

Rinkside
kappa_1 said:

I have two questions about Sandhu maybe someone can help me out:
1) Did he invent that spin, the one where he grabs his ankles and leans forward so his head is down to the ice ?(couldn't find pic).

No, I was watching with my Mom when we heard someone,(Dick?) say he invented it and my Mom was surprised. She said people had done it before, but not that often.