2010 Olympic men impossible to find | Golden Skate

2010 Olympic men impossible to find

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I noticed on Youtube they have Yuna and the ladies, but Plush, Evan, Dai are missing. Content blocked. Why would Olympic Commitee block the men but show the ladies. I wanted to watch Plush and Evan. Anyone have links to these vids elsewhere? I found nothing. Thank you.:)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the IOC does not block the content. The people who film and broadcast them do.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Then why Toni would they leave up the ladies and not the men? What is the reasoning for that? Thanks.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Thank you bibi24 but the answer is "the uploader has not made this available in your country." (USA). I've googled for any possible links. Rats!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Then why Toni would they leave up the ladies and not the men? What is the reasoning for that? Thanks.

I don't know. I don't know what broadcast the men vids you are looking for are from. Are they NBC-Universal? CBC? The ladies etc maybe from a network not willing to cruise youtube for the olympic links. Again, I don't know. But it's their right to claim copyright, so I don't get upset about it. Perhaps email whatever broadcast company is pulling their stuff off (normally NBC-Universal) and ask them? They may give you a detailed explanation.

Because Universal Sports/NBC uploads their videos to universalsports.com and charges a fee that's why they have youtube pull them down. Which is, again, their right as the copyright holder.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Well several broadcasters have had the ladies up for a long time, pretty much 2 years. And NBC's coverage is there. Something 2 years old is not making any money I am guessing on Universal. I am beginning to think it is maybe Lysacek,as has he not been vigilant about his likeness being used if he's not getting paid for it? And wasn't there a thread before Nationals saying it was money keeping him away? He seems to be hurting himself as he has two more years before the skating world has a new chamion. Then I wondered if Plushenko's people (he's quite rich-his lawyers maybe-doid not want his skate up there. His other skates are all there, but we know he was not happy with the skating LP nor the result. I wonder how much influence the "artist" has if he's a skater. I see Prince was vigilant with Youtube, at least when I was looking... while most artists realize that it is a way to make new fans. And more money.

I rewatched a lot of Aerosmith due to Tyler's Idol thing. It was a great business decision for him, though I must say I wish he were more honest as he liked way more than seemed likely.

So, here in the US, there are only blocked vids of that Mens Olympics and not just one source. HMM. I stopped taping long ago, so youtube is where it's at for me. Just as we have libraries, free and open internet is the best thing for education/innovation.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The only way Evan could have vids pulled down is due to copyright, and he does not own the copyright to olympic broadcasts - even when they are of himself. I don't have the answer for you as to why one is blocked and not another, that's up to NBC/the networks.

Remember they paid big bucks for the rights to film and broadcast. So, yeah, I'm not feeling sorry for we the fans not getting to see it. You can still view the olympics on UniversalSports[dot]com. And, really, if figure skating fans aren't willing to pay for a broadcast how can we expect to have Doritos or other big company sponsors to pay for it? We devalue it just as much as the rest of the world in the eyes of the network. Possibly more so.

Interestingly enough - other niche sports like the sport of mushing are completely online paid for subscriptions. Folks pay for it and they don't turn around and pirate it for others. And it\'s not as accessable as figure skating. *shrugs* Just food for thought, I suppose.

ciocio

On the Ice
I noticed on Youtube they have Yuna and the ladies, but Plush, Evan, Dai are missing. Content blocked. Why would Olympic Commitee block the men but show the ladies. I wanted to watch Plush and Evan. Anyone have links to these vids elsewhere? I found nothing. Thank you.:)

Plushy SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW4mGDkkTFY

Plushy LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtY1CuAbLgs&feature=related

Evan LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmJgGHIoawU&feature=related

I can´t find Evan´s SP. :disapp: I know there was an unblocked video but I don´t remember which one it was. :confused::scratch:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Last edited:
The one I'd love to see is Lambiel's short program. I remember getting gooseflesh from that one.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
^The above videos are blocked.

Here is Plushy's SP

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/103044314

thanks demarins5-not good quality but I could see...still dying to see Evan's skate. I would think Evan would upload it himself under any name!....His shining momenet and it is not even findable on the search I did at Universal sports...maybe I worded it wrong, but 2010 Olympics did not come up. Great job at burying figureskating. I don't care if it is technically piracy. There is so much plaigarism in every art. Even Madonna said little when Lady Gaga appropriates her medodies. Good for business. The ladies skating for 2010 is everywhere and we have to look under rocks to find some of the men...sheesh!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
thnx Evangeline, once again "the IOC (International Olympic Commitee) has blocked it in my country. Why are they doing this in the US and not Canada or other countries? because I live in the greediest, most capitalistic country in the world, where 1 % owns 40 % of the resources. I'd like to move to Canada! Free skating on Cbc right?

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
thnx Evangeline, once again "the IOC (International Olympic Commitee) has blocked it in my country. Why are they doing this in the US and not Canada or other countries? because I live in the greediest, most capitalistic country in the world, where 1 % owns 40 % of the resources. I'd like to move to Canada! Free skating on Cbc right?

Get some perspective. The IOC and the broadcasters are getting more zealous everywhere. Often China-based youku.com (soku.com) is pretty good about having some of the goodies that get taken off of youtube, but it seems that the IOC has also reached into the Middle Kingdom with its tentacles, as 2010 Olympic men's competition videos seem to be off the menu. (Evan's used to be up but is now gone, I think the Plushenko exhibition is still up.) Note: because the word "Olympic" is protected by the IOC, it's possible some videos are lurking out there but not tagged with that nor have that word in the title. In these cases, copyright enforcement would probably be limited to the original broadcaster that holds the rights. Unlike the IOC, foreign broadcasters whose videos appear on Chinese-hosted websites tend to have little recourse for unilaterally demanding them removed, unless the Chinese government is in the mood to uphold international IP rights and order the websites to take the stuff off....which it isn't always in the mood to do.

Last edited: