Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
If this happens, I suspect Daisuke might decide to retire and past on the throne to Yuzuru :D
Actually, I don't think so. At least according to the English-language sources available, Daisuke's repeatedly reiterated his intention to stay until Sochi (yay!).

Since we're freely delving into the world of fantasy, here are my dream podiums:

MEN
1. Daisuke Takahashi - Duh. Also, as I've said earlier, I want to see Pangtongfan's reaction if this actually happens.
2. Jeremy Abbott - I want him to win a world medal as befits his talents and programs
3. Yuzuru Hanyu - a world medal should be more than sufficient to whet his appetite for bigger prizes

LADIES
1. Akiko Suzuki - because a world title would be the perfect fairy-tale climax/ending for her tumultuous career, as well as make up for all those years of lowballing
2. Carolina Kostner - love her programs, but don't want to see her jump content win a world title in 2012
3. Mao Asada - she can win a world title next year when she gets her 3As back

PAIRS
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy - because Pina is a wonderful program
2. Volosozhar/Trankov - hopefully another world silver would be incentive enough for them to ditch the Morozov choreography
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov - because Clair de Lune is a wonderful program

ICE DANCE
1. Davis/White - because I don't think anything will beat Die Fledermaus
2. Virtue/Moir - I'm not a fan of Funny Face, and their SD is looking worse with every tweak
3. Weaver/Poje - to see how Skate Canada will react to this, especially with their apparent politicking of another team. Also, Je Suis Malade is great