Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Worlds podium?

Custom Title
    I should have Marchei as 10th in the list

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Going by Season Best Total Scores, Wagner is highly likely to medal. She has the highest SB and I would put the top 4 in a group consisting of Wagner, Asada, Kostner and Lipnitskaia, with Suzuki, Liza Tukt, and Leonova closely behind.
    Lipnitskaia and Tuk are not age eligible for worlds. Lipnitskaia won junior world. Tuk sat out junior worlds this year to prepare and get an early start for next year.

Tripping on the Podium
    Men:

Chan
    Fernandez
    Abbott

Ladies:

Kostner
    Suzuki
    Asada
    - the US ladies are pretty much a lock for 3 spots, though.

Custom Title
    men
    patrick 1st
    daisuke 2nd
    either -yuzuru-javier, jeremy, arthur for 3rd

ladies

mao
    caroline
    ashley-alissa

alena
    akiko
    rounds out 6

victoria
    polina korb
    kexin
    kanko
    yreatha
    elene
    rounds out the 12

my bias is here for dance

d/w 1st
    v/m 2nd
    p/b if stays in for 3rd-otherwise i have shibs for 3rd
    shibutanis for 3rd/4th.
    boborova/soloview for 4th/5th
    weaver poje for 5th/6th.

pairs

savenchenkow/solzkowy-1st
    trankov for 2nd
    pang/tong for 3rd.

Custom Title
    Ladies:
    G. Kostner
    S. Suzuki
    B. Asada
    4. Wagner or Czisny
    5. Leonova
    6. Wagner or Czisny
    7. Gedvanishvili
    8. Murakami
    9. Korebeynikova
    10. Zhang
    11. Helgesson
    12. Marchei
    13. Glebova
    14. Lacoste
    15. Kwak
    16. Silete
    Japan, US and Italy(barely) earns 3 spots and Russia (barely) looses theirs. Georgia and China earn two spots. Sweden barely missing the target.
    Suzuki really deserves to shine though

Men:
    G. Chan
    S. Takahashi
    B. Abbott/Kozuka/Hanyu/Fernandez/Brezina/Verner/Joubert...
    Not even going to bother. Too open
    Hoping that Takahashi wins though...

Dance:
    G. V/M
    S. D/W
    B. P/B
    4. W/P
    5. Shibs
    6. B/S or I/L
    really similar to GPF

Pairs:
    G. S/S
    S. V/T
    B. K/S
    4. P/T
    5. S/H
    6. D/R
    7. B/L
    8. D/C or M/B
    9. T/T
    10. B/H
    11. D/C or M/B

Banned
    Dream podium for the men:
    Gold - Chan - will skate two killer programs to shut the haters up
    Silver - Fernandez
    Bronze - Song

Dance:
    Gold - V/M
    Silver - D/W
    Bronze - W/P

Custom Title
    Yellownote I have the same dream podiums with Kozuka replacing Song.

Custom Title
    Has anyone seen the medals and the small medals? I wonder if they are a motivator to make the podium (LOL). I have seen some rather ugh medals - like the standard ones from the trophy shop are nicer lol. I did like the potato chip ones from Oly 10 thought. I am most curious in dance who will win gold between D and W and V and M and can Patrick keep it together for world gold or will it be Daisuke or will we have a "darker horse" like Fernandez or Hanyu or Kozuka or perhaps Abbott. I still think the French men would be lucky to win bronze or silver but it could happen if people crash and burn. It will also be a battle royale for Pang and Tong against the Germans and V and T for world gold. Poor Kavaguti and Smirnov most likely will be left medaless.

Custom Title
    I think it'll be P/T left out in the cold. All the PCS won't help if they make their usual UR/pops/level errors. I wouldn't be surprised to see D/R or others beat them too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Has anyone seen the medals and the small medals? I wonder if they are a motivator to make the podium (LOL). I have seen some rather ugh medals - like the standard ones from the trophy shop are nicer lol. I did like the potato chip ones from Oly 10 thought. I am most curious in dance who will win gold between D and W and V and M and can Patrick keep it together for world gold or will it be Daisuke or will we have a "darker horse" like Fernandez or Hanyu or Kozuka or perhaps Abbott. I still think the French men would be lucky to win bronze or silver but it could happen if people crash and burn. It will also be a battle royale for Pang and Tong against the Germans and V and T for world gold. Poor Kavaguti and Smirnov most likely will be left medaless.
    I don't think so, on the contrary; K/S will be battling with S/H ( seems they are the new favorite chinese pair ) for a podium
    It will be P/T that will be left in the cold, sadly their time has passed, old, UR Issues and with many mistakes I can see them dropping out of top 5 surpassed by B/L and D/R
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 03-24-2012 at 07:30 AM.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Too hard to predict except Chan and D/W for gold.
    But it would be wonderful to see Alissa, Akiko and Jeremy finally earn world medals. I think and hope that Mao and Carolina will be 1. 2. or 2 .1.

Banned
    Davis and white will not win their FD just hasn`t progressed or evolved since Skate america they have less risky elements than V&M in their FD, all Virtue and moir have to do is get their levels in both programs and they win the judging panel strongly favors them this year.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by romanoff81 View Post
    Davis and white will not win their FD just hasn`t progressed or evolved since Skate america they have less risky elements than V&M in their FD, all Virtue and moir have to do is get their levels in both programs and they win the judging panel strongly favors them this year.
    okay, either DW or VM for gold then. Still more predictable than the ladies.

Banned
    Kostner has the edge for sure although Mao might surprise.

why would kostner have the edge? the only edge kostner has is that she always can rely on the judges to boost her, where Mao on the other hand has to rely on her own ability like she always has... (if it's about throwing some easy tripples Mao could easily do it and win worlds but instead Mao takes the risk by doing a technically difficult program)
    I soooo dearly hope that Mao graps the title and thereby peaks at worlds, it would really be a huge step backwards for the sport if kostner with her easy tripples and her PCS got to win it... and god [bless] me I soo adore Mao Asada's programs it's simply soo magical and she truly is a beautiful skater...
    Last edited by Mathman; 03-24-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast