V/T
    S/S
    B/L

Dance

V/M
    B/S
    D/W

Custom Title
    I love seeing different perspectives - so cool. Sometimes I think I can see people's "biases or favouritism" but what do I know. For example bestskate8 to some might appear to be a Russian fan. But I think that is really awesome. Another person had B and L and K and S in 6th and 7th place in pairs. While most had K and S in the top 4. It's all good. I actually can see the potential for everyone's podium of course I know nothing about skating. I would like to know if K and S well Smirnov if he has recovered to compete. I am not in the loop but 1 Are the Zhang's competing? 2. Are Pang and Tong competing 3. Is Lepisto competing? 4. Is Ando competing? 5. Are S and S recovered? This will affect the podium.

Banned
    I would love for Weaver and Poje to win a medal i think their free dance is a masterpiece you really forget they are technical elements when they skate their SD is great as well just what a sultry latin dance should be, i am neutral on V&M and D&W i think the canadians have the edge their FD does appear to be technically superior particularly on the lifts and the step sequences.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I love seeing different perspectives - so cool. Sometimes I think I can see people's "biases or favouritism" but what do I know. For example bestskate8 to some might appear to be a Russian fan. But I think that is really awesome. Another person had B and L and K and S in 6th and 7th place in pairs. While most had K and S in the top 4. It's all good. I actually can see the potential for everyone's podium of course I know nothing about skating. I would like to know if K and S well Smirnov if he has recovered to compete. I am not in the loop but 1 Are the Zhang's competing? 2. Are Pang and Tong competing 3. Is Lepisto competing? 4. Is Ando competing? 5. Are S and S recovered? This will affect the podium.
    Definitely NO: Lepisto, Ando

Currently listed: P/T, S/S

Substitute: Z/Z

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by romanoff81 View Post
    I would love for Weaver and Poje to win a medal i think their free dance is a masterpiece you really forget they are technical elements when they skate their SD is great as well just what a sultry latin dance should be
    I agree.
    I had known this couple, but this year they really caught my eyes!

That 'sultry latin dance' as you say, with Kaitlyn's striking costume. I know Davis/White and Virtue/Moir are miles ahead technically, but their SD is the best for me this year.

Love love love their Free dance and Exhibition number, too.
    Kaitlyn and Andrew look so gorgeous together on the ice.
    While they are actually skating competitive programs with required elements, their dances make me feel like I am watching a movie, I just forget 'this is a competition'.

As for winning a medal, I am torn though.

Pechalat/Bourzat is another dance team I love.
    They had been overshadowed by France' former World Champion Delobel/Schoenfelder, and I always thought they did not get the marks enough they deserved, due to their French No.2 status.

I so want Nathalie and Fabian win a World medal before they retire.
    And this year's Worlds is in Nice. I wish them to get on the podium finally, in front of home crowd. How thrilling and fascinating it will be for them, just like Federica and Massimo at 2010 Worlds in Torino!
    Last edited by deedee1; 03-07-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Custom Title
    I'll have to check out some of the people you've all listed here. I'm missed out on a lot of promising skaters now that TV has so little skating.
    Last edited by Olympia; 03-07-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Banned
    Good points Deedee will have to see how Pechalat and bourzat handle the pressure of skating at home i thought they were given a bit of a gift when they beat weaver and poje in the grand prix final i don`t think skating at home makes a difference when the teams are close in ability it all comes down to the levels given and that has nothing to do with the location of the event.

i think this weekend will give a good insight for how czisny, koster, and abbott are looking (not sure what other worlds competitors will be there). especially after czisny's injury aftermath and jeremy's hip bothering him and not competing at 4CC. a new article on IN says they both are feeling good.

Custom Title
    romanoff81,

I normally hate spaculating something, but if both teams skate 2 clean skates, the judges hold Pechalat/Brouzat with higher PCS, and they will edge out Weaver/Poje just off the podium, I think.

To judges eyes, Weaver/Poje is still lacking in desirable results for consecutive years on the international circuit,compared to the French team, I guess: e.g. missing the recent Olympics, the country's No.2 status.

Dance is the most favored category in figure skating in Europe.
    The judges, especially European judges do not like the North American sweep in Dance for two years in a row. They even hate it to happen at Worlds in Europe, do not you think?
    Also, P/B was due getting on the podium last year (without that nasty fall in circular step sequence, of course...)

Part of me fears, however, that two clean programs may not be expected from Nathalie and Fabian again (oh why can't they do it for once???...sigh)

With the pressure on and huge expectations added by home crowd as you said, yeah I agree. There is a realistic chance for Weaver/Poje to clearly outskate the French team and snatch a medal if they can repeat 4CC performances.
    Last edited by deedee1; 03-07-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Custom Title
    My prediction

Men:

Gold - Patrick Chan
    Silver - Daisuke Takahashi
    Bronze - Yuzuru Hanyu
    Pewter - Jeremy Abbott
    5th - Brian Joubert

Ladies:

Gold - Carolina Kostner
    Silver - Akiko Suzuki
    Bronze - Alissa Czinsy
    Pewter - Mao Asada
    5th - Ashley Wagner

Dance

Gold - Virtue/Moir
    Silver - Davis/White
    Bronze - The French team... P/P?
    Fourth - Weaver/Poje
    5th - Shibutani/Shibutani

and I seriously dunno many names in Pairs....

Custom Title
    No prediction, but I wish Mao, Nan Song, Patrick, D/W, V/M and Pang/Tong do well.

Custom Title
    My dream podium ver.2, on to the LADIES!

1 Carolina Kostner
    2 Akiko Suzuki
    3 Alissa Czisny or Mao Asada
    4 Ashley Wagner

For Carolina, same reason as Jeremy Abbott for me.
    As talented as she is, she should have at least one World title in her resume.
    I loved her programs from last year so much. This year's, not so much but still like them. So, if she includes 3-3 in SP and 2 Flips in LP, she gets my GO sign getting Gold this year.

Akiko: a lovely skater who has been over-shadowed by lots of young talented Japanese girls during almost her entire career, and under-apperciated by judges.
    As her time as an eligible skater is nearing to its end, I would love to see her finally grab a World medal; the deserved medal which Yukari Nakano never could have. Silver would be a nice gift from skating god for these two lovely skaters, I wish.

Alissa: it seems to me this year might be her last chance to get on the podium, before Russian babies finally explode onto the Senior circuit.

Mao...I have always rooted for this angel of a girl.
    She has been through a lot, hell a lot since 2009-10 Vancouver season, both in her competitive life and personal life.
    I only wish she will have 2 good performances that she can be proud of and get satisfied with. As for recapturing the World title, waiting one more year or two would be acceptable until she completely fixes her flutz, Salchow gets more stable and/or brings back 3-3.
    With or without 3As, successful jumps or not, she is a beautiful skater. I can fully pay for a ticket at a competiton just to watch her beautiful skate.

Ashley! This is her year to claim herself as a serious contender to international judges leading up to Sochi. I looove her Black Swan's chreo spiral! I hope she will have 2 'crystal clean' skates at Nice.

The best two programs among ladies, SP LP combined, for me this year are Akiko's and Ashley's! Hands down.
    I will be very upset if judges hold them down on PCS, in order to hold UP other favorites based on reputation and politiking.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    You think Bazarova and Larionov will beat Kavaguti and Smirnov?

PS Radford is ok but he is far from the best male in the field.

well both ladys K and B have somtimes... (or often)... trouble with their solo jumps ...
    and we gonna see how smirnov has recoverd...

who does a triple lutz in competition?... yes only eric
    but i think he could skate and shine much better if... ... ... meagan belongs not to him

who is your favourite male skater mousepotato???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bestskate8 View Post
    Men

Gachinski
    Chan
    Amodio

Ladies

Costner
    Asada
    Korobeinikova
    Maybe you’re Russian or you just like Russian skaters, but I hope you don’t jinx Gachinski.

Banned
    ^

I hope so.
    but I am really optimistic about Polina K.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast