All Things Ice Dance: Canadian | Page 15 | Golden Skate

All Things Ice Dance: Canadian

heyhey

On the Ice
Yes. C/S have a spot as a split couple. P/I hopefully will get a senior B or two the next couple seasons.

Basically this means that Paul/Islam will need to rock nationals this year and come in a solid third. The disadvantage of not having a GP assignment will obviously hurt them unless they get a Skate Canada assignment. And them training in isolation is not ideal. It will be interesting to see how C/S develop and that their have D/L as their coaches - cannot hurt them. I wonder what type of spin we will hear from Skate Canada...oieee...gosh things are definitely getting crowded in ice dance...I just hope for nationals that we get all competitors skate during the same session and none of this ridiculous split sessions....

callalily

On the Ice
P/I need to come out with guns blazing this year. The field is getting very crowded and they need some kickass programs skated with speed and confidence.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I just read a tweet on IN from Piper Giles. She said that she has been released by the USFA and will be skating for Canada with Paul Poirer. I hope this is the right place to put
this info.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I just read a tweet on IN from Piper Giles. She said that she has been released by the USFA and will be skating for Canada with Paul Poirer. I hope this is the right place to put
this info.

Thanks for sharing. Does anyone know whether Piper will be able to get Canadian Citizenship in time so she could go to the Olympics in 2014?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Her mom's parents are Canadians. Basically, they just have to decide to get the paperwork done

callalily

On the Ice
I seem to remember reading an interview with Piper (sometime in the last few months) in which she said her mother would be receiving her Canadian citizenship shortly, then Piper herself could get hers not long after. No specific dates were mentioned, though.

callalily

On the Ice
Not sure if it's been mentioned/confirmed, but confirming the retirement of Tarrah Harvey and Keith Gagnon...

That's a shame. What will they be doing next, do you know?

Keith studed in a university dance program and was successful in many forms of dance, including ballet. His lines, posture, frame, etc. are wonderful.

thumbyskates

Rinkside
That's a shame. What will they be doing next, do you know?

Keith studed in a university dance program and was successful in many forms of dance, including ballet. His lines, posture, frame, etc. are wonderful.

I'm unsure about Keith, but Tara has begun work in the BC/YT Section office. I'm not sure of her official role, but believe it's part time doing various things here and there - some work with athletes, some in the office, etc.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm unsure about Keith, but Tara has begun work in the BC/YT Section office. I'm not sure of her official role, but believe it's part time doing various things here and there - some work with athletes, some in the office, etc.

Tarrah also is co-author of a food blog with an emphasis on healthy eating. (I will refrain from posting a link, in case it would be against GS rules.)

One of the blog's "About" pages features a photo of H/G performing on the ice and says:
About the T
T is for Tarrah!
Being in the highly competitive world of figure skating, I’ve been lucky enough to work with some amazing nutritionists over the years. I’ve learned a lot about food and the specific foods that work well with my body. But I have a major sweet tooth and I love my carbs, so I’m always searching for new recipes and ideas to satisfy my cravings and keep my body in shape! Follow me on my journey to find nutritious food and recipes around Vancouver.
xoxo
- T

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: So, as reported on FSU, Paul and Islam have tweeted that they are at DSC "for the summer". Perhaps this will work into an ongoing arrangement ?;)

I'm very pleased for them , and think it's about the best thing they could have done ..even if it remains a part-time arrangement, it will be very beneficial to them to train in that environment, I'm sure ( but my fingers are crossed it will work into something more permanent ). It's exactly what I was hoping for them ; to have all the resources they need in one place and be able to train with other elite teams.

After the devastating year they just had , they couldn't be around better role models than W/P to build grit , determination and confidence ,and the DSC technical staff is fabulous.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope they will be working on their SD most this summer with Annenko & Punsalan-the DSC group has done a great job with their teams with the SDs, for sure.

And working with P&B and W&P will surely be inspiring.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
doris..yeah, they have done really well with the SD's haven't they ? I was wondering how well P/I would do with the Yankee Polka , but they should be in good hands at DSC.

I know they said their FD would be to music from the Legend of 1900 , but I don't know whose choreo they'll have.