Plushenko sets surgery date for Feb 23 | Golden Skate

Plushenko sets surgery date for Feb 23

lavender

Record Breaker
MOSCOW -- Former Olympic figure skating champion Evgeni Plushenko said Friday that he will have surgery Feb. 23 on his left knee in Germany.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I wish him well as always. :love:

Can't believe how far he has come since I first saw him skate when he was a 15 yr. old in one of those pro-ams back in the Golden Age of Skating. He was always my favorite, never ever preferred Yagudin, Zhenya was the one for me since day one. He was the only one I cheered for, besides Elvis of course, and certain American skaters. But only He could make me watch mens skating. How far he has come, couldn't even imagine it back in the day... :)

BRAVO, ZHENYA, BRAVO! :bow: (your loyal servant)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Ok, here we go. Plushenko will rake up the points despite all my groans... ugg...

...they award points for surgery? Would that be a level three or four incision? Does the anesthetic get +3 GOE? And how about the transitions? Does he settle into slumber gracefully or in fits and starts?

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
He will have a surgery to be sure that his knee won't be his problem when he competes..No need to be sarcastic=/

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
He will have a surgery to be sure that his knee won't be his problem when he competes..No need to be sarcastic=/

I think there was. sweetskates, in a thread about Plushenko's surgery date, says he'll rank up the points and he'll groan. I think that comment was worthy of sarcasm.

seniorita

Record Breaker
ImaginaryPogue, me I smiled :)

Sorry between all the surgery news etc that I m sure it will be fine, I want to say sth I laughed the other day, somewhere after Euros Lp Plushenko said that his knee kicked after the quad and he needed a second to slow down to put in its place and calm the pain, and it is a small circle thing he does right after the quad slowing down, and I was laughing when watched eurosport because I bet that was counted as a transition out of the jump. :laugh:

sweetskates1

Medalist
Do you all remember the 2002 Olympics? The Young Quad Squad (Yagudin, Plushenko, Goebel) vs the Old Standards (Stojko, Weiss, Eldredge)? Still the best for me.. I will cherish their skates forever. They all seemed so special and I loved Yagudin's programs. 2014 could turn out to be the new Young Quad Squad (Chan, Song, Hanyu) vs a member of the original Quad Squad. How cool would that be? Would Plushenko be the oldest Olympic medalist in 2014 at 31 yo?