View Poll Results: Who should have won the 2003 Grand Prix Men's final?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evgeny Plushenko

33 44.00%
  • Emmanuel Sandhu

40 53.33%
  • Other (Please, PLEASE explain a response to THIS one!! Hee hee)

2 2.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Men's 2003 Grand Prix Final

Under the old 6.0 system, Plushy would have probably won. I think most judges would not have placed Sandhu 1st. However, under CoP, the results where fair and square; considering the event was judged by CoP, I'd have to say Sandhu should have won.

Rinkside
    totally agree! GO E-MAN!

Custom Title
    a thread to justify eman's technicality win. Plushenko had the best skate but noone here is going to recognize that because he is not your fave skater,that's okay the guy is going to win his third world title:D

Custom Title
    If you don't follow the rules, you deserve to lose.

Skating Freak Barbie
    Curious, I only started this thread because *I* was curious as to what the majority of people who saw the competition thought. It appears that the majority feels that Eman deserved the win, whether it is a "technicality" or not.

Sure, Plush may well win World's for a third time this year. Then again, Eman could win there also....or Klimkin....or Joubert....or some other unexpected person. Joubert's win today at Euro's certainly wasn't on a "technicality"....Plush IS beatable. Maybe it's due to the injury. Maybe he's been unchallenged at the top for too long. Maybe something totally different. But he ain't the same Plush of last year, or two years ago.

Kasey

Custom Title
    I have not seen this competition, but have understood that it was the rules which gave the win to Sandhu. Because of that Sandhu was the rightful winner although Plushenko outskated him.

Marjaana

Ilia Kulik photos & photolinks
    http://koti.welho.com/mjylha2/index.html

From what I've read from other posters Sandhu won on a technicality. When I brought up the technicality, a poster responded by saying according to the scores before Plush's 'illegal' combo, had he just completed a triple, he would have won. I'll buy it but I am not sure.

Joe

Zhenya looks sexiest in a dress *wink*
    Originally posted by mpal2
    Plus, if you are facing the judges the only view you'll get of him is his backside.
    That isn't necessarily bad...:D

On the Ice
    The few responders to this poll who were AT the GP Finals in Colorado Springs, like I was, all seem to believe that Sandhu won the competition.

He was NOT outskated by Plushenko, as has been stated.

Maybe Plushy will win a 3rd World title, maybe not. But each competition should be judged on its own merits and Sandhu rightly won that night. His spins were much better than Plushenko's, his presentation was better, his jumps seemed better - he had better run out. Sandhu deserved to win, Plushenko did not.

Of course Plushenko seemed disappointed on the 2nd step of the podium - but did he deserve the 1st step? A resounding NO!

On the Ice
    Sandhu. And not just b/c I am totally biased and totally LOVE him! Plushenko did an extra combination and was not rewarded. If he had followed the rules then he would have won. But he didn't and was marked fairly imo. But that said, I am biased. I'll admit it. I love the E-man!

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    I hadn't seen this poll before. I was at GPF, and Evgeni outskated Eman, and yes, I will add in my opinion. However, under the guidelines of the CoP, Eman won, and that's fine. But if you (still) haven't seen either of them skate, then don't assume that Eman was the clear winner. But his skate was awesome, and I was glad I was able to see him put together two good skates.

Laura

edited to add: And Kevin Van Der Perren wuz robbed of a bronze! Maybe we should start a poll about that. :D

Custom Title
    Plushenko because he desreves it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2