Czisny question | Golden Skate

Czisny question

krenseby

Final Flight
Question about Alissa Czisny: How did Alissa's injury impact her skating at Nationals? Was the effect purely physical or did her confidence suffer as well? Has her jumping technique changed as a result of her injury?

skatinginbc

Medalist
Can someone give a brief account of her injury? All I heard of is her "injury". I have no idea when, how, what.....

brightphoton

Medalist
Can someone give a brief account of her injury? All I heard of is her "injury". I have no idea when, how, what.....

During the warmup of the Grand Prix Final, Alissa did a strange take-off and injured her calf. Although she claims she has healed, the injury seems to still be nagging her.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Question about Alissa Czisny: How did Alissa's injury impact her skating at Nationals? Was the effect purely physical or did her confidence suffer as well?

Her confidence suffered a massive blow. Reports are saying that she has reverted to an adolescent state and is wearing training bras and watching "Dora the Explorer" every day.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I hoped at least one person would get the joke.

The original poster's worrisome tone and phrasing was kind of comical to me, I was playing off that.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Lol.... Unfortunately, I do believe her sense of self-confidence has dropped significantly after her recent GPF fs.

Her confidence suffered a massive blow. Reports are saying that she has reverted to an adolescent state and is wearing training bras and watching "Dora the Explorer" every day.

macy

Record Breaker
yeah her confidence did suffer a good blow...but you know, it's not as bad as it would have been before. she's still able to hold it together mentally. that's a big deal. before if this would have happened, the rest of her competitions for the season would have just gone down the drain.

krenseby

Final Flight

You know Dora the Explorer is really cool though. Have you ever played along and found the things she was looking for?

mskater93

Record Breaker
She hadn't been able to train as well/much as she would have liked between the GPF and Nationals which is why USFS is leaving her home from 4CC.

She hadn't been able to train as well/much as she would have liked between the GPF and Nationals which is why USFS is leaving her home from 4CC.

It would have been better if the USFSA had discussed the situation with Alissa and asked her whether she would rather have more healing and training time before worlds.

Instead, Alissa shoots an instant message to Jeremy Ten, "Those so-and-so's left me off the Four Continents team!" -- thus ruining Jeremy's day and causing the Internet discussion boards to question the USFSA's ethics.

tulosai

Record Breaker
It would have been better if the USFSA had discussed the situation with Alissa and asked her whether she would rather have more healing and training time before worlds.

Instead, Alissa shoots an instant message to Jeremy Ten, "Those so-and-so's left me off the Four Continents team!" -- thus ruining Jeremy's day and causing the Internet discussion boards to question the USFSA's ethics.

I don't know that they should have had to discuss the decision they made with her/asked her if she wanted to go, but I strongly agree they should have discussed it with her insofar as telling her they were not selecting her and that they were making this choice for x y z reason (I suspect a big part was also that she needs the international experience waaaay less than those being sent) and that they hope she understands, instead of, as you say, leaving her to see on the internet and be confused.

I kind of wish the speculation on Alyssa's confidence or lack thereof would die. I think time will tell the tale and I feel bad that every time she has a less than stellar performance people are like omg her confidence omg! She skated well at Nationals. It was nowhere near her best but having lived through at least 4 epic Czisny meltdown years I can say with definiteness that this was not one of them. She made mistakes, she fought back. That's not old Alyssa. Is old Alyssa gone for good? Again, time will tell the tale. No good can come from this kind of speculation right now though. I just wish her well going forward to Worlds.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well Alissa has become a fighter on the ice now so even when she struggles like at the GPF she didn't fall 3-4 times like she would have a coupe years ago. She fights for every jump now. But i get the feeling watching her that she's still fragile at times. And the look on her face as she does her warmups is:eek:.

macy

Record Breaker
I kind of wish the speculation on Alyssa's confidence or lack thereof would die. I think time will tell the tale and I feel bad that every time she has a less than stellar performance people are like omg her confidence omg! She skated well at Nationals. It was nowhere near her best but having lived through at least 4 epic Czisny meltdown years I can say with definiteness that this was not one of them. She made mistakes, she fought back. That's not old Alyssa. Is old Alyssa gone for good? Again, time will tell the tale. No good can come from this kind of speculation right now though. I just wish her well going forward to Worlds.

my thoughts exactly! have a little faith in the girl.

Nadine

Record Breaker
There are meaningless topics posted often, this is just one of them, I say ignore and find one more interesting.

And for the record I think Alissa will do quite well at Worlds. :)

krenseby

Final Flight
There are meaningless topics posted often, this is just one of them, I say ignore and find one more interesting.

And for the record I think Alissa will do quite well at Worlds. :)

I understand it might seem like a meaningless topic, but I simply wanted to understand how Alissa's injury impacted her confidence level about her jumps and what she might be doing about it. Skaters get injuries that interfere with their jumps and then they heal and try to get back into jumping mode. I wanted to know what it was like for Czisny this time to readjust to skating after injury.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Whatever and wherever her head is; hopefully she will skate her very best. She has a great shot with Wagner to earn three spots back for the US and if both skated their best could both bein on the podium Of course, both are also capable of being out of the top ten.